Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packers_Finland  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:15:18 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

This is a placeholder
Sponsor
Offline Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:41:32 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 351

What an idiot.
Takes a gun into a club?
I would have to think that was illegal.
So even if he is ok, the law will have something to say to him.
UserPostedImage
Offline HoustonMatt  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:48:48 PM(UTC)
HoustonMatt

I hope he likes his new nickname.....Cheddar Bob.
blank
Offline dfosterf  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:56:07 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 392

Obviously needs training in firearms safety. Perhaps the NFL or the Giants will hire this expert:

[youtube]rAVYFRM5Tl8[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Packers_Finland  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 8:57:07 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Sorry don't know how to embed.
This is a placeholder
Offline shield4life  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:30:24 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Lmfao what an idiot ... why buy a gun if your going to shoot yourself ??? Just tell someone else to shoot you it sounds cooler lol :)
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline dfosterf  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:08:36 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

PLAXICO, PIERCE FACING CRIMINAL CHARGES

PFT
QUOTE:

As previously expected, Giants receiver Plaxico Burress is in big trouble. Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that Burress likely will be arrested on felony weapons charges in the coming days after shooting himself in the leg at a Manhattan club with a weapon that he wasnt properly licensed to carry.

As not previously expected, Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce could face charges of his own for allegedly taking the gun and stashing it in New Jersey after the incident.

(This would have been a great Playmakers episode if the show wasnt so unrealistic in its depiction of the lifestyles of pro football players.)

Per Vacchiano, police became aware of the incident only after Giants employees reached out quietly to report it. A representative of the team was planning to retrieve the gun and surrender it to police.

Translation: The New York Giants will do nothing at all to shield Burress from the consequences of his conduct. In fact, the New York Giants seem to be more than willing to help the authorities take Burress off their hands.

As to Pierce, his attorney told police hed cooperate in the investigation in exchange for a promise that he wont be charged. But why would police need Pierces voluntary cooperation? Burress has a .40 caliber hole in his leg that wasnt caused by a stapler, and his employer is actively assisting the investigation. Pierce has no leverage here, and his best bet is to cooperate fully and then hope for lenience.

For Plaxico, the law seemingly prevents much lenience. As we explained on Saturday night, illegal possession of a firearm in New York City results in a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence, without exception.

And as to anyone who thinks that the Poindexter effect might prompt police to look the other way, New York City aint Surry County, Virginia. As one police source told Vacchiano regarding Burress, He went for his gun and fumbled it. And now it will cost him.

Permalink | 19 Comments Back to Top
REPORT: BURRESS HAD NO CARRY PERMIT
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:30:29 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

I can't help but think of "Barney Fife" when i read about ol' "Plexiglass".

Plexiglass: "I'm gonna put a cap in yo' ass!" BANG!!!! "OWWW!!! Dun shot myself! MEDIC!!!"
UserPostedImage
Offline gotarace  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:21 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 15

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Obviously needs training in firearms safety. Perhaps the NFL or the Giants will hire this expert:

Was that Plaxico's cousin??

Lmao at least the kids were smart enough to bail out when the half baked idiot wanted to show them his second gun. I bet that was his last gun saftey class for the kids.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 3:42:17 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Turned himself in this morning eh.. I hope they make an example of him, the law is the law, and there is no doubt that Plax broke the NY gun laws.. right or wrong.. there are no technicalities he can hide behind.. prove that he doesn't have special rights and wake up a sizable portion of the athletes that think they are something more than they are..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 1:09:56 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Was that Plaxico's cousin??

Lmao at least the kids were smart enough to bail out when the half baked idiot wanted to show them his second gun. I bet that was his last gun saftey class for the kids.

OK, OK, we're being a little harsh on the police officer. Just for fairness, I thought we should also review his investigative skills. Here is our instructor, along with his colleagues, thwarting an armed robbery attempt:

[youtube]MZRy-6hVuco&feature=related[/youtube]

Nobody is talking about Pierce...who is one hell of a lot more important to the Giants than Plaxico... As we think we know it right now, at least until all the lawyers get to spin this sucker like a top, Pierce took the gun (or I would have to imagine Plaxico handed it to him) and took it back to NJ for Plaxico.

Here's my question. If you are Pierce, what are ya gonna do in a situation like that? Say to your friend, "Uh-uh...not me, pal...I'm staying out of this." Or do you do what he did (allegedly)? I know one thing, if it was me, right when that gun went off and I saw what happened, and was given the gun to get rid of, well, I would have been pissed at the sheer stupidity of my bud...I think in all honesty I would have had to try and help him out of a tight spot, fully recognizing that at that moment it sucks to be me, almost as much as it sucks to be Plaxico.
UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:11:03 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

I wish he would have shot his weiner off......now THAT would be justice!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:13:20 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Here's my question. If you are Pierce, what are ya gonna do in a situation like that? Say to your friend, "Uh-uh...not me, pal...I'm staying out of this." Or do you do what he did (allegedly)? I know one thing, if it was me, right when that gun went off and I saw what happened, and was given the gun to get rid of, well, I would have been pissed at the sheer stupidity of my bud...I think in all honesty I would have had to try and help him out of a tight spot, fully recognizing that at that moment it sucks to be me, almost as much as it sucks to be Plaxico.

Hell of a question.. I would have helped him out as well... or tried to.

But once the police come knocking... I ain't covering for you either..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:16:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Plax a suspect? :lol:

Seriously though.. I can't wait for Plax's defense try to use this in their case..

Coincidence or convenient?

http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=3739206

Quote:
New York Giants second-year receiver Steve Smith was robbed at gunpoint in the early hours of Nov. 25 after arriving home, according to Clifton, N.J., police.

Smith had just returned to his townhouse in a chauffer-driven car when he was approached from behind by man who held a gun to Smith's head, Clifton police Capt. Robert Rowan said.

Watch highlights from the New York Giants' 23-7 win over the Washington Redskins.

"He said to him, 'Give me everything you got,' and Mr. Smith turned over his jewelry and money and cell phone," Rowan said Tuesday.

The man left the scene and is still being sought, Rowan said. It was unclear if Smith's driver was at the townhouse during the hold-up.

The robbery was first reported Sunday by NBC's Tiki Barber, a former Giants running back.

NFL security has been informed of the incident, league spokesman Greg Aiello said, according to Newsday. "We're aware of the situation," he said.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:46:13 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Our fine friends and the PPO had this posted.. Entertaining...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed