Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MontanaBob  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 2:50:24 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

We arrived in Harrisonburg Va. late yesterday after a three hour drive from Dulles Airport. Nice city here, some old buildings and estates, etc. Weather is ok, cloudy sort of and cool...about 40.

We came on the plane with our friends and low and behold also on the plane were Dan Carpenters parents. (Dan is the rookie kicker from the University of Montana, for the Dolphins who is making a big impact for them.) They are staying here to and then going down to Miami to see Dan.

Forrest and I did our best last night to stir up the homefolks, rednecks, security guards and police, but it seems most of them here are either in a coma or dead. One guy from James Madison U. did buy us a drink, but said he was coming after us with his "cousins" if Montana won tonight. His front teeth were missing and he had on bib overalls......think we need to worry?

We may have a tough time getting home as a huge winter storm is about to hit Western Montana tonight and tomorrow. Blizzard conditions for Missoula and temps dropping to 20 below zero by Sunday.
Hummmmmm......maybe we'll just head to Miami with Dan Carpenters mom and dad. If my next post is from Florida you'll know we took that route.

GO GRIZ
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Sponsor
Offline dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 3:01:00 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 386

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
We arrived in Harrisonburg Va. late yesterday after a three hour drive from Dulles Airport. Nice city here, some old buildings and estates, etc. Weather is ok, cloudy sort of and cool...about 40.

We came on the plane with our friends and low and behold also on the plane were Dan Carpenters parents. (Dan is the rookie kicker from the University of Montana, for the Dolphins who is making a big impact for them.) They are staying here to and then going down to Miami to see Dan.

Forrest and I did our best last night to stir up the homefolks, rednecks, security guards and police, but it seems most of them here are either in a coma or dead. One guy from James Madison U. did buy us a drink, but said he was coming after us with his "cousins" if Montana won tonight. His front teeth were missing and he had on bib overalls......think we need to worry?

We may have a tough time getting home as a huge winter storm is about to hit Western Montana tonight and tomorrow. Blizzard conditions for Missoula and temps dropping to 20 below zero by Sunday.
Hummmmmm......maybe we'll just head to Miami with Dan Carpenters mom and dad. If my next post is from Florida you'll know we took that route.

GO GRIZ

Be careful, Bob, be very careful. As a Virginia "homie", I have some expertise in this arena. You fell off the century when you hit the Prince William County line from Fairfax County...and have been regressing every mile south since. My personal experience is that the time-warp evidences itself on pool tables in bars. Keep all pool cues within easy reach at all times. You'll probably never make it back to Dulles airport, I heard they were going to get their own blizzard, with a prediction of at least an inch. If that comes to fruition, plan on living in Virginia a whole lot more than your initial plan. Bring camping gear to the Capital Beltway.

Enjoy yourself. Actually I find that to be a lovely town. Keep us informed if you can.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline MontanaBob  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 5:07:00 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

Nice timely advice dfosterf! Where the hell were you last night? Mr. Toothless Biboveralls seemed like a kindly gent 'cept he kept kind of snorting and spitting this gooey brown stuff on the floor.

I'll have to remember the pool cue thing.....if we go back to that place.
Right now Forrest is getting our sign ready that we are going to take over to the stadium and put up. "YOU ARE ENTERING GRIZ COUNTRY. WE TAKE NO PRISONERS." That ought to set off a few Dukes fans and seeing as there are not to many of us Griz fans here, they will probably be able to pick us out by process of elimination. (they wouldn't hurt senior citizens, would they?)

As far as getting back to Dulles...if an inch of snow closes that down then they are a bunch of wussies. We'll fly back on the Griz charter. Except we'll probably land in Salt Lake City because of the weather in Montana. My daughter just called from Missoula and said the storm has arrived and if you like snow flying sideways then this is it. YAHOOO!

Anyway, this is my last transmission from Harrisonburg. Forrest has to get this laptop back to it's owner before she finds out it's missing. If we survive, I'll try to send a message tomorrow from someplace. Could be Salt Lake City, Spokane WA, Seattle, or who knows where.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline vegOmatic  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 5:32:38 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

I've seen similar statements from sundry people like this in the past.

So, like, how do you know that the old lady three rows up is the aunt of somebody who gets their face on TV?

Do they wear a name tag? Pass out flyers? Pay the flight attendant to make an announcement?
blank
Rss Feed