Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I don't know if anyone "hates" him.
I love what he did in his time here. Nothing will change that.
But he's not "one of us" anymore, he's a NY boy.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,990

BAHH. He's always one of us. I don't think anything changes that.

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Friendships, families and essentially every relationship of any kind goes through bumps and indifferences.

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:53:02 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

He may become one of us again once he quits playing for the Jets, but for right now he's not one of us.
It doesn't mean i don't like him, i just can't bring myself to cheer for any other team. To me that would be like cheering for the Vikings because Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are there.

He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)

I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

He will ALWAYS be one of us. Dude, don't make me drive down there and slap the cheese outta ya! :)

I don't cheer for his team, I cheer for him. I think those who flipped from cheering for the Packers and cheer for the Jets now because he's on their team are fans who weren't TRULY Packers fans to start with. That's not a dig on them, they are simply Favre fans, not Packers fans.

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.

UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:48:27 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 97
Applause Received: 187

I've watched a few Jets game. And I maintain he does NOT look like the same player from down to down. You see some plays where he's his old 'self' in my opinion. Overall package, I just don't see the same fire in his face or mannerisms.

I dunno, its hard to explain. Aside from the outfit, somethings just not right. I thought maybe it was the team, but its not that. It's something else.

It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

It's called "Pouting"

He would have that look in his eyes if he was wearing Viking Purple this year.

Who ever Favre would have played for this year, I would be backing him 100% he is still the QB/man that he has always been IMO.

Pouting? I dont think so.
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

You better pack a lunch........it will be an all day job!

I see what you mean though......cheering for him.
I tried watching a Jets game, and there was just no excitement for me. Whether he threw a TD or a pick, it just wasn't there for me.
I hope he does well and more importantly, doesn't get hurt.

That excitement is still there for me, watching Favre play for who ever, I sitll get to see him having fun on the field win or loose. Was a little weird at first seeing him in antoher uniform, but I have gotten used to it now and am getting to know all the other players on the team.
Heathiee
Offline elleblue  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:16:21 PM(UTC)
elleblue

I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:32:46 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I would've been cheering for Favre on any team except Vikings, Bears and Lions. Sorry to any visitors who root for one of those teams. It's just as a packer fan I ... just... can't... seem... to root for those teams.

I live in Jersey and work close to the Jet's stadium. So it's pretty easy to root for him there. But I'm a Packers fan first and foremost.

I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline bigfog  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:34:59 PM(UTC)
bigfog

I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline elleblue  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
elleblue

I always root for the Lions QB. I feel so bad for the guy. He's a Lions QB. He doesn't need scorn. He needs a hug.

Awww! :grin: That's cute. You are a true all around good guy. I feel bad for good players on bad teams, but I never really think too much about their plights.
blank
Offline elleblue  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:38:14 PM(UTC)
elleblue

I appreciate what Favre did in Green Bay. Quite remarkable and memorable. Those were great, great years to be Packer fans, especially after years of losing.

When he left Green Bay, he became just another guy to me. Nothing personal, I'm just not all that interested in following "just another guy". He's either a Packer or some other guy...can't be both in my eyes.

Not me, I'm the girl who kept rooting for Mark Messier, after he became a free agent and joined our nemsis (and opponent in the 1994 Stanley cup) the Canucks. Then we got him back! ::lol:
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 2:35:50 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Not me. I rooted for James Lofton when he was on the Raiders and especially the Bills. He ended up playing in Super Bowls and got one or two Pro Bowls on the Bills late in his career.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed