Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rockmolder  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:29:13 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 244

Came up with this idea (With the help of NonStop) after talking with some PH members in the chat.

Superbowl predicitions always seem to be somewhat empty, just throwing some random teams in there. This thread is about who deserves to win the SB and why.

I'd like either the Cardinals or the Eagles to win the SB.

The Cards deserve some winning after their years of mediocrity and I love Kurt Warner's story. He worked in a grocery store, played in Amsterdam, gets a SB with the Rams, gets dumped by both the Rams and Giants in favor of other QBs and now coming back to win another SB. That would be great.

The Eagles because McNabb is getting critizised about pretty much everything, yet, he played, and is still playing, great for years. They'll be in trouble and wishing for him to get back once he retires or leaves. Reid also deserves a ring, he's a great coach, getting his team in great position to get a ring, yet, always lose it eventually.

Keep posting, people!
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:06:26 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 179
Applause Received: 397

I'm going Eagles for several reasons. As was mentioned, McNabb got a bad rap, along with Reid. The downside to this is that I live in what now will become Eagles country yet again. (fair weather fans personified). The upside is that I will at least have the personal satisfaction of knowing that I defended both of them when they were at the low point this year. ( :icon_smile: Just ask Pack93z :icon_smile: ) and will be able to throw it in the faces of all the Eagle/Steeler fans that I know around these parts. I am also going to root for the Chargers, and this is where it gets a little strange, because of all the teams left I would actually prefer to see the Steelers take it. My motivation is that I want to see just how many of the green jerseys come back out of the closets of all of these dual team/dependent upon record fans I must endure living here in Pa.

I recognize that what I am asking/rooting for actually rewards these clowns, and a less-deserving fanbase I cannot think of. The only redeeming quality is that I did make it a strong point to point... I pointed out this possibility of a playoff run, and further pointed out that (insert Eagle fan here) would live to eat the words, "McNabb and Reid have got to go."

It's complicated... Wishing a SB victory on behalf of these butt-head fans...never said I was right in the head. (Vikesrule is gonna run with that, lol)
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline HoustonMatt  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:06:30 PM(UTC)
HoustonMatt

I'll start with an anti-focus and pick two teams that don't deserve to win the Super Bowl.

Arizona - This is a team that managed to make its way into the playoffs despite scoring only one more point than they allowed over the course of the regular season. On the whole, they were slightly above mediocre, as their 9-7 record would suggest. They're a team that benefited from playing in the sorriest division in the NFL. If you continue to follow this logic, you'll have no problem guessing which team comes next.

San Diego - A team with as much talent as any team in the league, the Chargers backed into the playoffs with an 8-8 record by virtue of playing in an equally bad division as did the Cardinals. Color me unimpressed.

Once my team has been eliminated from the post-season, I generally root for the teams that I think are best to win the championship - because I feel that they "deserve" it. While there's not a better alternative, the current playoff structure in the NFL isn't very good at selecting the best team as the eventual champion.

Eliminating those two teams leaves Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Philadelphia in play. On the surface you could argue the Eagles, with a 9-6-1 record, belong in the above group, but given their point differential (+127 - good for 4th in the league), I think their record is more a result of bad breaks and playing in a good division than anything else. Pittsburgh is one of the most well run franchises in all of sports and Baltimore was solid all year long. I'd say all three of those teams are "deserving" of a Super Bowl title.
blank
Offline Rockmolder  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:18:07 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 244

Nice, pretty good analysis from a statistical point of view.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:21:44 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 170
Applause Received: 372

It's hard for me to come up with reasons for any of them to win....WE should be there!
I don't like the Eagles because of the "4th and 26" fiasco, and their fans. I don't want to see those jerks have a reason to be even bigger jerks.

Baltimore........having a rookie QB, that would be fun to see Flacco win it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:44:18 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

But Flacco won't have won it. Flacco is a kid on roller blades, holding onto a string tied to his dad's bicycle, rolling down the street screaming "Wheeee!" as his dad does all the hard work.
UserPostedImage
Online dfosterf  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:56:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 179
Applause Received: 397

I'm changing my mind. (You know, like an "eagles fan" would). I'm saying Steelers.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Formo  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 12:25:05 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I'm with Rockmolder.

Only, Iggles first, THEN Cards.

I want the Iggles to win so I can say the Vikes only lost to the eventual Super Bowl winners.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 12:42:14 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 357

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It's hard for me to come up with reasons for any of them to win....WE should be there!
I don't like the Eagles because of the "4th and 26" fiasco, and their fans. I don't want to see those jerks have a reason to be even bigger jerks.

Baltimore........having a rookie QB, that would be fun to see Flacco win it.

I agree, the Packers are the only team that deserves to hold the Lombardi trophy.

So with the 4 left I am down to Ravens also. But not because of Falco.

My reasoning is pretty simple. First I like defense, so that eliminates the Cards.

The other reason is, which team has players that I like. And that gets me to the Ravens. Ed Reed, is just an incredible player. Then add that they now have Jim Leonhard.

But Flacco won't have won it. Flacco is a kid on roller blades, holding onto a string tied to his dad's bicycle, rolling down the street screaming "Wheeee!" as his dad does all the hard work.

+1.

This has to be about the best analogy of a QB coasting.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline vegOmatic  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 1:48:59 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

Cardinals deserve to win the Superbowl.

Why?

Because I hate the other remaining three teams more.
blank
Offline BangTheDrum  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 3:18:57 PM(UTC)
BangTheDrum

Applause Given: 1

Pullin for the Cards and Ravens... Hate the Eagles and McNabb and I hate Ben Ro and the Steelers... And Jimmy Leonhard is a starter on the Ravens defense
UserPostedImage

Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
Offline yooperfan  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 3:21:21 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 255

It's a tossup for me between Philly and the Cards.
I always support the NFC team and this year will be no different.

Phillies coach Andy Reed was a coach in Green Bay under Holmgren.

Warner started his career in Green Bay training camp but was released.

I have no feeling at all for the AFC.
Offline IronMan  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 3:23:58 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 69

Pullin for the Cards and Ravens... Hate the Eagles and McNabb and I hate Ben Ro and the Steelers... And Jimmy Leonhard is a starter on the Ravens defense

Whoa! Where the hell have you been? Were you at the Packers/Colts game this year? I saw someone there that looked like you.
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 5:57:43 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 170
Applause Received: 372

Whoa! Where the hell have you been? Were you at the Packers/Colts game this year? I saw someone there that looked like you.

No Ironman!!!
Thats AJ Hawk!!! Of COURSE you saw him there!!!

(I know....i was just TRYING to make a joke......emphasis on the word "trying") LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 6:58:46 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I was going to say Chargers because their best player is out for the Playoffs and someone else stepped up big time, but then they lost already.

Now I think I'll go with the Eagles. McNabb for some reason or another is a hated QB. Yes, he tries to do too much. But the guy's a fighter. He's been benched this year and after getting benched, he's been nothing short of spectacular.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed