Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RaiderPride  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:16:25 PM(UTC)
Five reasons the Packers win the Superbowl next year.

You can call R.P. a homer, an idiot, a T.T. and Chico lover. You can call me a homo, You can call me a fake, You can call me a drunk, and I will love that. Please call me a drunk.

However,

Here are the FIVE REASONS..... YEP FIVE.

The five reasons the Packers win THE SUPERBOWL IN MIAMI 2010

1. CSI Miami. The television show.

No, I am serious. Everything comes together in CSI Miami and it is all about what happened before the crime. The Crime was Chico fell way too low in the Draft. Aaron will bring this team to a zenith. The surprising and sad thing will be that it will because of a former Packer QB who he learned from.

Look at the Number One Pick Aaron's draft year. Alex, could have been Aaron if Alex had the time to learn from Brett. It is not about who drafted you as a QB, it is about how the team that drafted you develops you.

2. Ted Thompson.

Like him, hate him, or indifferent, the fact is he was NFL EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR for a reason. We often talk here in the forum about the window of opportunity. Ted has it planned out and it all comes to fruition in Miami next year.

3. A shot of Nitro.

Nitro, a little spray of nitrogliseren under the tongue from a medical EMR can jump a dying heart into a pumping heart.

I know most of us here on the forum, and Packer fans in general are very pumped up about the changes to the Defencive leadership and guidance.

I think the Packers Offense is 3 X as as excited as us, and it will generate a new focus, a shot of nitro, in the path to MIAMI next February. I can see the Packers Offense just salivating at the thought that if they get the lead it will be held.

4. Green Bay.

This is a storied franchise. It has the ability to rise to the occasion. I think Green Bay can make great players out of good players just because it is Green Bay. The nucleus is here now and it will rise.

Green Bay as a franchise is like an active volcano. It will erupt, there is no doubt about it. It happens every so often, and Nex Year Is An Eruption Year.

5. NUMBER FIVE.

I am going to leave the number FIVE REASON THE PACKERS WIN IN MIAMI NEXT YEAR....... up to you... The Members of this forum.

I have my own opinion about number five.... But I want YOURS.

R.P. Loves his Raiders. However, most of you have no idea how much I love the Packers. There is a great deal of Green and Gold flowing to my heart, along with with Silver and Black.

Miami... Next year. Green and Gold.

R.P.
Since69  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:12:35 AM(UTC)
drunk...
Orygunfan76  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:17:04 AM(UTC)
Okayyyy?
blueleopard  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:20:16 AM(UTC)
He's been saying 2010 was Green Bay's year since 2007, so ... he's both crazy and not crazy.
Jacob  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:19:49 AM(UTC)
Yeah, he has been callin 2010 for a while so i don't see how that would make him crazy

anyway

Experience and Redemption

i think this team now has enough experience to reach the superbowl, and they know they are capable of a better record than 6-10, and they're going to want to prove it this upcoming season.
IronMan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:15:15 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
drunk...
TheEngineer  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:50:14 AM(UTC)
Nitroglycerine?

As for number 5, well, mine goes to the coaches we've been hiring. Boy, after the initial 2 or so weeks of firing and sitting on hands, McCarthy and Thompson really grabbed some good coaches.
gbpfan  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:16:01 AM(UTC)
team work is what will get them there,few of the vets want a ring and know they have a small window.To achieve this can't wait to to see the team play this year.
digsthepack  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:27:04 AM(UTC)
R.P.....dude...knock off the third-person, will you??!? LOL

Talented team that underperformed rebounds....and Rodgers flourishes in his second year as a starter.
HoustonMatt  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:57:23 AM(UTC)
5. team that finished the 08 season 5th in points scored will likely return 10 of 11 starters, while the young talent will be a year more experienced.
warhawk  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:53:01 PM(UTC)
A defense that plays defense...ESPECIALLY at the END of games.
dhazer  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:01:07 PM(UTC)
#5a Adrian Peterson breaks his leg lol

#5b Giants and Cowgirls fall apart again.
zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:07:52 PM(UTC)
RP - Sorry, my friend, but I'm going to change all five of your reasons.

1) Mike McCarthy realizes his mistakes and reverts back to 2007 MM. He becomes aggressive again. Goes for fourth downs. Says screw the run when the pass works. Never again sits on leads and realizes that the game isn't over until you see zeroes in the Fourth Q.

2) Dom Capers and the switch to 3-4. We start actually pressuring the QB. QB has no idea where the pressure's coming from. Kampy finally gets some single teams and he's able to exploit them. Hawk surprises everyone (except for me) and gets 8 sacks.

3) Driver shows us age means nothing to him. He and Gregorious both get 1000+ yards receiving and 8+ TDs.

4) Mike McCarthy finally understands that the pass can open up the run (he knew this in '07, but he forgot that concept in '08). Defenses do their little Cover 2s, but with a two TE attack, there are just too many holes to stop the Packer version of the WCO. Half our runs are when Ds were expecting pass and Grant goes back up to 5+ ypc.

5) Woodson, Collins, Bigby, Williams, Harris, and Rouse. Those names strike fear into opposing Os' hearts. Collins shows he's not a one-year wonder. With added pressure, QBs are forced to throw when they shouldn't and our DBs become interception machines.
Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:21:57 PM(UTC)

2) Dom Capers and the switch to 3-4. We start actually pressuring the QB. QB has no idea where the pressure's coming from. Kampy finally gets some single teams and he's able to exploit them. Hawk surprises everyone (except for me) and gets 8 sacks.

My friend.. if Hawk even sniffs at 8 sacks.. I will launch a I love AJ site in honor of his achievement..

But I may rest easy, because unless he turns back the clock 4 years.. there is no way in hell that AJ will become that effective in the blitz.. the guy is taking on blockers like a pansy the last 20 to 24 games.. maybe Greene will wake the monster inside of Hawk.

I buy most of the other points here.. but call me jaded but Hawk has been playing like a pansy ass candy coated plum drop of his former OSU and even part of his Rookie year self.
zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:32:23 PM(UTC)

My friend.. if Hawk even sniffs at 8 sacks.. I will launch a I love AJ site in honor of his achievement..

But I may rest easy, because unless he turns back the clock 4 years.. there is no way in hell that AJ will become that effective in the blitz.. the guy is taking on blockers like a pansy the last 20 to 24 games.. maybe Greene will wake the monster inside of Hawk.

I buy most of the other points here.. but call me jaded but Hawk has been playing like a pansy ass candy coated plum drop of his former OSU and even part of his Rookie year self.

Well, maybe I'm turning the clock back or maybe I'm just seeing things in Green & Gold tint, but I'm not willing to call Hawk a bust just yet. Harrell, yes. But Hawk, no. I think he needs a scheme change and the upcoming scheme I think fits him better.

We'll see though.

--

(the reason for the harsh word "bust" is because Hawk was a very high draft pick. He was the 1st LB taken in '06 and the 5th player taken overall. Someone that high in the draft is supposed to produce much better than his current production).
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:37:59 PM(UTC)
RP - Sorry, my friend, but I'm going to change all five of your reasons.

1) Mike McCarthy realizes his mistakes and reverts back to 2007 Mike McCarthy. He becomes aggressive again. Goes for fourth downs. Says screw the run when the pass works. Never again sits on leads and realizes that the game isn't over until you see zeroes in the Fourth Q.

3) Driver shows us age means nothing to him. He and Gregorious both get 1000+ yards receiving and 8+ TDs.

4) Mike McCarthy finally understands that the pass can open up the run (he knew this in '07, but he forgot that concept in '08). Defenses do their little Cover 2s, but with a two TE attack, there are just too many holes to stop the Packer version of the WCO. Half our runs are when Ds were expecting pass and Grant goes back up to 5+ ypc.

5) Woodson, Collins, Bigby, Williams, Harris, and Rouse. Those names strike fear into opposing Os' hearts. Collins shows he's not a one-year wonder. With added pressure, QBs are forced to throw when they shouldn't and our DBs become interception machines.

Damn Zombie you sound like the Shermanites did when they told us how good those 10-6 NFC North champion teams were. I'll be happy if 1/2 of your lists comes to fruition, although the whole list is possible with the proper amount of work applied.

I think if we can crack the top fifteen in overall defense, we have a real good shot next year. I am a little apprehensive about the O-line, moreso, than some of you because we don't seem to discuss the wholes there much.
gotarace  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:21:59 PM(UTC)

Agreed on the Hawk front completely..He needs to step it up. Also Nick Barrnet his play has been less than lack lusted before his injury. I hope the injury doesn't set him back even further.
shanks2122  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:25:10 PM(UTC)
#5 Aaron had to prove last year he could start 16 games this year he will prove he can win a game in the 4th quarter......................in miami
zombieslayer  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:26:45 PM(UTC)

Damn Zombie you sound like the Shermanites did when they told us how good those 10-6 NFC North champion teams were. I'll be happy if 1/2 of your lists comes to fruition, although the whole list is possible with the proper amount of work applied.

I think if we can crack the top fifteen in overall defense, we have a real good shot next year. I am a little apprehensive about the O-line, moreso, than some of you because we don't seem to discuss the wholes there much.

I see things through Green and Gold lenses. I readily admit that.

But if we have another 6-10 year, I'll be calling for both TT's and MM's dismissal. Ted Thompson is in year 5, Mike McCarthy is in year 4. 'Tis time to show some results or start working on a resume.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:46:06 PM(UTC)

I see things through Green and Gold lenses. I readily admit that.

But if we have another 6-10 year, I'll be calling for both Ted Thompson's and Mike McCarthy's dismissal. Ted Thompson is in year 5, Mike McCarthy is in year 4. 'Tis time to show some results or start working on a resume.

I was really disappointed in this year because I feel we have a better team top to bottom than Chicago or the Purple. I did not get hung up on the whole Favre thing and really want to keep my feelings about his last four years as a player to myself.

I felt our season went to sh!t when Cullen went down, then Al, and then when Barnett got hurt it was really some sort of sign that God wanted Childress to remain the coach of the Purple.

I'm pretty excited about next season because of the change in defensive philosophy from read and react to attack. I have concerns about the O-line; but for the most part we are in good shape. We are a better team than that of a team with the overall 9th pick.

As far as the green and gold glasses thing, I do enjoy all of you with that enthusiasm, but I'm more of a prove it to me first type of person. Maybe that's why I enjoy the yearly demise of the purple team so thoroughly.
Rss Feed