Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:15:36 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Quote:
With Minnesota Vikings players scheduled to report to training camp in less than a week, Brett Favre remains anguished about whether he should come out of retirement and join the team. That decision, according to sources, has become more difficult in recent days because of the efforts of Vikings players including Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson, all of whom have now begun calling and texting Favre in an attempt to convince him to become Minnesota's starting quarterback.

"If it weren't for the involvement of the Vikings players directly telling Brett they want him on their team, I think he might have already decided against playing again,'' a source said.

Quote:
Money is not an issue, as a source says that Favre and the Vikings have negotiated a one-year contract worth approximately $10 million. But the quarterback has not decided whether to sign it.

http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=4350876
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Sponsor
Offline vikesrule  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:47:16 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
... because of the efforts of Vikings players including Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson, all of whom have now begun calling and texting Favre in an attempt to convince him to become Minnesota's starting quarterback.

vikesrule leaves to go destroy AD's, JA's, and Hutch's cell phones.
Offline doddpower  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:34:34 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 472

Poor Favre! So much anguish!

The suspense continues up until the last second! hehe.
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:55:10 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Anyone else getting the feeling this is just a PR move.. one to help isolate his legacy in Green Bay a little.. for me.. I don't give a rats ass if he plays there or not.. but somehow I think this is a media play to help justify how he could play with the enemy.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:56:02 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Quote:
... because of the efforts of Vikings players including Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson, all of whom have now begun calling and texting Favre in an attempt to convince him to become Minnesota's starting quarterback.

vikesrule leaves to go destroy AD's, JA's, and Hutch's cell phones.

I think my one wish this year is to see the sour face of VR when Favre takes the field for the Vikings.. borderline priceless. :lol:

Maybe something like this..

UserPostedImage
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:28:42 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Anyone else getting the feeling this is just a PR move.. one to help isolate his legacy in Green Bay a little.. for me.. I don't give a rats ass if he plays there or not.. but somehow I think this is a media play to help justify how he could play with the enemy.

Florio thinks it's a spin job, aimed at making it look like all the Vikings want him there (not true, per the local scuttlebutt) and also laying an excuse out there in case he can't deliver ("See, I told y'all my arm was bad").

Personally, I think the man is being his same old honest self (he's worried that the arm won't hold up and he doesn't want to screw the Vikings over, even inadvertently), and he just really needs to get rid of the folks who leak his every thought to the press. I'd say he should stop talking altogether, but that's obviously not gonna happen.
blank
Offline Formo  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:13:35 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Since this is from ESPN.. I wonder if it's the same source that promised Chilly put a harsh deadline for Favre's decision for 2 weeks after his surgery. If so, ESPN blows something fierce.

Otherwise, if this is true, VR can finally become a Viking fan again, and Mars will be put on suicide watch.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline TheEngineer  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 10:28:12 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Quote:
Money is not an issue, as a source says that Favre and the Vikings have negotiated a one-year contract worth approximately $10 million. But the quarterback has not decided whether to sign it.

If money isn't an issue why does he need $10 million? Can't get by with $1 million? Ridiculous.
blank
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 11:07:46 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Quote:

If money isn't an issue why does he need $10 million? Can't get by with $1 million? Ridiculous.

gimmie a break who makes only a million these days in football, specially a 17 yr vet that was in the pro bowl last year.
UserPostedImage

Offline Rockmolder  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 11:20:05 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 148
Applause Received: 248

So that obviously means that money does matter. I couldn't care less. If I was playing in the NFL, i'd go to the Packers for 1 million per year, just to play there. What on earth do you want to do with 300 million dollars apart from just having them on the bank?
UserPostedImage
Online buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 12:16:08 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 297
Applause Received: 416

IMHO saying "the money is not an issue" means he is fine with the contract The Vikings offered him.

If "Brett being Brett" means he wants to be absolutely sure he can deliver for 16 games, then more players should take that approach.

How many guys in the past have The Packers signed to a big extension, and they all of a sudden lose a step(A. Freeman where are you?), or they slack off in TC and take plays off during the game?

I would guess if they had offered him 1 mil. to play the money would be an issue.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 1:24:04 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

I don't think he wants to do 2 a days in the Mankoto heat! If you go back and rewatch his 2007 retirement tear jerker, he admits he does not like the preparation and didn't want to put in the time. BUT, he believes he can play at a high level.

That's a lot better than the Allen Iverson "we're talkin about practice" tirade, but essentially both players said they don't need to practice. But the reality is that players do need practice.

Brett will play, but I think in the end, he'll regret his decision.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 2:18:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,093

IMHO saying "the money is not an issue" means he is fine with the contract The Vikings offered him.

If "Brett being Brett" means he wants to be absolutely sure he can deliver for 16 games, then more players should take that approach.

How many guys in the past have The Packers signed to a big extension, and they all of a sudden lose a step(A. Freeman where are you?), or they slack off in TC and take plays off during the game?

I would guess if they had offered him 1 mil. to play the money would be an issue.

Normally I like your posts, this one, give me a break. The logic has more holes than a ten pound chunk of swiss cheese.
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 2:47:23 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

Quote:

$10 million is actually relatively cheap for a "high level" starting QB. Like someone already said, "money not being an issue" means that he is happy with the deal and that it is not a reason for his decision to stay retired.
blank
Offline dhazer  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 2:59:06 PM(UTC)
dhazer

I'm really starting to think that Brett isn't coming back.

Vikings | Agent says Favre not ready to decide
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:50:53 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Bus Cook, agent for free-agent QB Brett Favre (Jets), told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that Favre is not ready to decide on his future at this time. Cook said he talked with Favre at length Friday, July 24. Cook said a decision could be made at the beginning or middle of next week.
UserPostedImage