Change is Coming PACKERSHOME is going to be 10 years old later this season and for us to have another 10 years, things will have to change. Read Change is Coming for current issues that will be resolved.
Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
9 Pages«<56789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#61 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 2:14:32 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 559
Applause Received: 709
Tripp......because i disagree with how he has handled all this crap I'm a "Favre basher?" What, i have to agree 100% with everything the guy does, or i'm "bashing" him?
As i have stated over and over, my opinion doesn't matter to BF one bit, and won't make him change his mind.
I never said he was a jerk or an awful person, did I?
All i said is the guy can't seem to make up his mind, and stick with his decision.
If i said he was a worthless piece of crap and should be ashamed of the fact that he wants to play to beat the Packers, THEN i'd say i was a "Favre basher".
Can't you see the difference?
I STILL don't agree with the way he handled his exit from Green Bay, and i hold him accountable for it. Does THAT make me a basher?
I dyed one of my wife's Favre Jets jerseys purple for her.
But I'm a "basher"......cause i state how i feel about Favre wanting to play to beat the team i'm a fan of. The team that gave him a chance to make all the millions he did.
And i STILL buy Favre stuff. But i hate the guy and am a basher.
Yeah......makes a hell of alot of sense to me.
Can you be a Packer fan AND a Favre fan? Yup....sure can. But i guess in your eyes it can't go the other way.
I still hope to meet him some day, and talk with him. But i must hate the guy cause i don't think he's as good as he was 10 years ago. Or i point out that last year he was 22-22 in TDs and INTs. How DARE i point that fact out.
I'm MUST be a basher.
I guess if pointing out that BF is not as good as he was years back is being a basher, then i guess thats me. Of course in reality it doesn't mean i hate the guy or want his leg broken in his first start as a Viking, does it? Do i want the Vikings to win? If Sage is their starter, no. If T-Jackson is their starter, no. If BF is their starter, no.
Pretty consistant if you ask me.
Offline porky88  
#62 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 3:42:17 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 494
I believe Favre has put word out there that this is how he feels, but he's going to play. He's not second guessing himself. Favre doesn't do that. He does something and goes through with it. Well he's already gone through with this. He's had the surgery, rehabbed, and a contract of 10 mill is allegedly in place.

This is a typical move by Favre to point the fingers at the Vikings and say that they're the ones who came up with the idea. In reality, Bus Cook is masterminding another PR move for Favre so he comes out on the good side of this regardless of how he plays.

It also makes Favre look like a player that was sought after and not revengeful towards the Packers. Which is complete bs. Of course he wants revenge. That's why he's playing.

If you back away from Favre and look at him as a human for a sec, you can tell right away that Favre is a smart guy and knows what he's doing. He's not this dumb southern boy that he sometimes likes people to think sometimes.

This is all part of what Favre wants right now.
Offline flep  
#63 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 8:21:21 AM(UTC)

United Kingdom
Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 64
If he signs, he signs...

If he doesn't, he doesn't...

Don't make no difference, he ain't gonna win it with the Vikes.

2009 the Season of the Packers without a doubt.

Where do I put my 10.00 ($15.20)on the Pack winning it all????
Offline dhazer  
#64 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 11:36:24 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 317
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If he signs, he signs...

If he doesn't, he doesn't...

Don't make no difference, he ain't gonna win it with the Vikes.

2009 the Season of the Packers without a doubt.

Where do I put my 10.00 ($15.20)on the Pack winning it all????

LMAO i'm a betting man and i would definitely take your bet Flep. To many teams in the NFC that i believe are better than us plus look at my odds you have a 1 in 16 chance and i would get 15 of 16 chances. So if you want to donate i will give you my paypal account lol :p
Offline Trippster  
#65 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 2:28:30 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 10
Tripp......because i disagree with how he has handled all this crap I'm a "Favre basher?" What, i have to agree 100% with everything the guy does, or i'm "bashing" him?
As i have stated over and over, my opinion doesn't matter to Brett Favre one bit, and won't make him change his mind.
I never said he was a jerk or an awful person, did I?
All i said is the guy can't seem to make up his mind, and stick with his decision.
If i said he was a worthless piece of crap and should be ashamed of the fact that he wants to play to beat the Packers, THEN i'd say i was a "Favre basher".
Can't you see the difference?
I STILL don't agree with the way he handled his exit from Green Bay, and i hold him accountable for it. Does THAT make me a basher?
I dyed one of my wife's Favre Jets jerseys purple for her.
But I'm a "basher"......cause i state how i feel about Favre wanting to play to beat the team i'm a fan of. The team that gave him a chance to make all the millions he did.
And i STILL buy Favre stuff. But i hate the guy and am a basher.
Yeah......makes a hell of alot of sense to me.
Can you be a Packer fan AND a Favre fan? Yup....sure can. But i guess in your eyes it can't go the other way.
I still hope to meet him some day, and talk with him. But i must hate the guy cause i don't think he's as good as he was 10 years ago. Or i point out that last year he was 22-22 in TDs and INTs. How DARE i point that fact out.
I'm MUST be a basher.
I guess if pointing out that Brett Favre is not as good as he was years back is being a basher, then i guess thats me. Of course in reality it doesn't mean i hate the guy or want his leg broken in his first start as a Viking, does it? Do i want the Vikings to win? If Sage is their starter, no. If T-Jackson is their starter, no. If Brett Favre is their starter, no.
Pretty consistant if you ask me.

Simmer down there big fella! All this yelling and you might lose your voice for the weekend! Then what am I going to watch on Sunday?

All I said is you have bashed Favre regarding his departure of GB. That is all. I know you still love him for what he has done in GB.

Bashing someone in one area does not mean you dislike them completely.

By the way, nowhere did I say you "hated" anyone.

see ya Sunday, get your acceptance speech ready.
Offline LordFootball  
#66 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 7:45:35 PM(UTC)

UserPostedImage

"Yeah so Bus, just tell them I'm busy. K. "
Offline Cheesey  
#67 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 10:00:39 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 559
Applause Received: 709
Thanks Tripp.
You know how highly i reguard you, and of course Heather too.
To see what you wrote hit me hard.
I understand what you are saying now.
I'm ok.
Offline longtimefan  
#68 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 10:47:25 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21
is tomorrow the day? ;)
Offline Formo  
#69 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 11:56:05 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
Thought this was well put... It's a comment from PFT.

Rnay said:

We LAYMEN can watch the games, even watch practices, etc., but WE ARE NOT the ones who have an honest-to-god stake in the outcome of Brett's decision, are we? Brett at 39-40 years old is the one who will be taking the reps, and taking the hits... Something else to consider: he must be prepared to hear boos from people he has up until a little over a year ago, played his ass off and played his HEART out for. He has probably had sleepless nights about this, prayed, consulted and searched his soul and questioned his motivation half to death. To YOU AND ME, it's entertainment. To HIM, this is half a YEAR OF HIS LIFE. If it goes badly, he will not get it back, ever. It is about asking sacrifices from his family AGAIN. It is about giving the MEDIA their favorite whipping boy--AGAIN. It is another year under a white hot spotlight in high def, everywhere, ALL THE TIME. AGAIN.

Add in the new element that there will be players clad in green and gold, guys he has been to the mat with, whose role will now be to hit him HARD and serve him up a humiliating loss if they can. Those Packers will not take it easy on him once he puts on that purple, either. Once the games start, they will be coming full force. For some who may be angry with him for whatever reason, there will be even more motivation. NOT TO MENTION, there will be a footnote in the record books for a player who manages to end Brett's streak of starts. AND IF YOU DO NOT THINK that Ted Thompson et al will not have a few errrr..."motivating words" for the fellas just before they take the field against a player who has made him look a fool to at least HALF the country, you are being naive.

People act like Brett is costing them money if he waits to decide until the 30th--the date HE gave us--or that it is a conscious decision he is making just to personally drive them nuts or to get attention. But NO ONE except another person with the last name FAVRE has as much stake in this decision or has as much to gain or lose.
And when was the last time this man was a free agent?
Offline Formo  
#70 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 11:56:28 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
is tomorrow the day? ;)

If not, it's the next day! Then the day after! lol
Rss Feed