Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 4:53:23 PM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Tennessee

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 27

Quote:
For those of you who have turned on Ted Thompson for supposedly ruining the Packers by not bringing back Brett Favre, enough is enough...

[size=18]Stop Blaming Ted Thompson for Brett Favre and Free Agency[/size]

by Peter Bukowski (Columnist) Written on August 08, 2009
Peter Bukowski

For those of you who have turned on Ted Thompson for supposedly ruining the Packers by not bringing back Brett Favre, enough is enough.

You Favre apologists are nothing short of naive, nostalgic nincompoops whose short-sightedness and loyalty to Favre has clouded your judgment about the Packers' best interests.

Lets go back two springs. Cries for Thompson to make a splash were boisterous. Favre made it clear he wanted Thompson to trade for Randy Moss and reportedly threatened to retire if Green Bay failed to do so.

Moss wound up in New England, and the Packers signed a grand total of one free agent, Frank Walker, who started a whopping zero games.

With one of the youngest teams in the league, the Packers went 13-3 and were a boneheaded throw away from the Super Bowl. Thompson was the Sporting News Executive of the Year, without adding Moss.

What happened next has been hashed and rehashed enough. I dont want to hear that Thompson ran Favre out of Green Bay. That is absolutely, categorically false.

This was at least the third season in a row Favre had spoken publicly about thoughts of retirement, and each offseason, the process seemed to drag out longer.

Favre had decided to return with the acceptance of both Thompson and Mike McCarthy. They insisted he take some more time to think about it in order to make the best decision for both him and his family. After doing so, Brett decided it was time to stay in retirement.

It was only after weeks more of hemming and hawing that Brett called Thompson again and said, I want in.

Sure, Thompson could have met with Favre personally and figured something out. Perhaps thats what Ron Wolf would have done, or Bob Harlan. (The bigger question is whether Favre would have even been doing this had his father Irv been alive. My guess? No way.)But Thompson was making a point: This isnt about you anymore, Brett. You are not bigger than this team.

Of course, Favre didnt take kindly to that, so he pitched a hissy fit and wound up in New York. You could say that it wouldnt have gotten so messy had Brett just been allowed to come back, but that would be pure speculation. Favre was the one who went on Fox News and spun stories about feeling betrayed, when it was Favre whod gone back on his word repeatedly.

Thompson has always told it like it is; thats what he does. Hes a no-nonsense administrator, and thats how he runs a team.

Favre is the one who understands how to manipulate the media. Watch their press conferences side by side, and youll see what I mean.

Favre hasnt been in a Packers uniform for 18 months, so now we have to move on.

I hear talk about Justin Harrell, losing players to free agency, and not signing any marquee free agents. Enough.

The big knock on Thompson outside of Favre is the way he builds a team: through the draft. He didnt go after Albert Haynesworth or attempt to get Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs.The Packers essentially stood pat, except for trading up and drafting Clay Matthews in the first round.

Name the last marquee free agent signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Indianapolis Colts? The Baltimore Ravens? Fourteen of the top 20 passers last season played for teams that drafted them. Three of the four teams in the conference championships last year were lead by QBs drafted by their team. In fact, eight of the 12 playoff teams had homegrown signal callers.

Hindsight is 20/20, but if the Packers are healthy in 2008, they probably win at least two more games with Aaron Rodgers, maybe more. Rodgers sparkled last year and showed why Thompson made what I now believe to be the right call in telling Favre to move along. Dont blame Rodgers for the Packers blowing close games. More often than not, it was the defense who failed to get a stop late.

Theres a reason the Packers have totally reworked the defensive coaching staff and scheme.

Go ask the Raiders or the Jets how spendy offseasons worked out last year for them. And didnt a certain former Packers legend play for the Jets? They spent a gazillion dollars on free agents and even with Brett Favre couldnt make the playoffs in a WIDE OPEN division after Tom Brady went down. Favre's defense with the Jets was light years more consistent than Green Bays, and the running game was considerably better, yet they barely broke the .500 mark.

Sure, Brett got injured, but that is the point! Hes just not capable of being that guy anymore. He would have gotten injured in Green Bay too, maybe sooner with injuries robbing the offensive line of any continuity. People forget that.

How is it possible Thompson comes out looking like the fool here?

The best teams build through the draft. It would be easy to rebut a claim about the percentage of starters drafted by Ted Thompson by saying that is because Thompson never signed free agents. But that just isnt true. Thompson paid up for Charles Woodson, and Woodson has been reborn as one of the elite cover corners in the league. Ryan Pickett was brought in and has been an anchor on the defense.

He found Samkon Gado when the running back corps was decimated by injury. He plucked Ryan Grant off the Giants' practice squad, and now hes a 1,000-yard rusher.

Then, via the draft hes added A.J. Hawk (who has underperformed, to be fair), Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jason Spitz, Nick Collins, Brandon Jackson, DeShawn Wynn (a STEAL in the seventh round), and promising second-year players like Jermichael Finley, Jeremy Thompson, Josh Sitton, and Breno Giacomini.

Throw in rookies B.J. Raji and Clay Matthews, who both could start, and Thompson has put together one of the most talented teams in the NFC.

Oh, thats righthes also responsible for drafting a quarterback who just had one of the great statistical seasons in franchise history, and his name isnt Favre.

Ultimately, this Packers team is young, talented, and poised to be good for a long time. Thompson has put the Packers in a position to do what few teams in pro sports can, and that is win consistently over a number of years.

We see a win now and next year be damned attitude around the league, especially with teams thinking they can spend their way into wins.

The Packers are a 10-win team easily on paper in 2009. The reason is simple: Ted Thompson has loaded this team with talent. Sure, they could have made another run last season with Favre, but if Green Bay had the same injuries last year with Favre, they wouldn't have gone 13-3. In fact, they might not even be 8-8, especially with Bretts injury.

Enough making excuses for why Favre didnt come back. He shouldnt have come back, and his play late in the season, combined with the injury, proved that. Thompson was the man who made that call, and it was the right one.

Just because hes the best quarterback in franchise history doesnt mean he gets carte blanche to come back at his leisure and hold the team hostage. Its up to Thompson to make the decisions based on the future, and he made the right one, period.

By putting the future of the team over some antiquated notion of entitlement for Favre, Thompson showed why hes the right man for the best franchise in sports. He always has the best interests of the team in mind and wont sacrifice that, even for the most famous player ever to put on the Green and Gold.

I just wish the fans would share his desire for the teams success rather than wishing selfishly to have a washed-up former superstar play a position hes only had real success at once in the last half-decade.

Enough.


LINK

And that, is all he has to say, about that.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 6:39:13 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

So why is this an Ode to me? I'm not a Favre worshipper, yes i am a Ted Thompson hater which is totally different than the author of that story. Lets pick some shit apart here?


Quote:
Three of the four teams in the conference championships last year were lead by QBs drafted by their team. In fact, eight of the 12 playoff teams had homegrown signal callers.


Big Ben has only been in the league for what 5 years and he has 2 rings mostly because of the defense?

Flacco a rookie qb with a great defense

McNabb is one he can really use in this claim

Warner isn't orginally with the Cards

Eli Manning 4th year in league

Phillip Rivers 4th year in league

Matt Ryan rookie with good running offense

Peyton Manning good for his claim

Chad Pennington came from the Jets

Tavaris Jackson doesn't count because hell he didn't play 1/2 the season lol

Kerry Collins drafted by the Giants

Jake Delhomme was originally signed by the Saints


So out of 12 he has 2 guys he can use to back his claims because the others with the original teams are still in their rookie contracts.





Quote:
Thompson has always told it like it is; thats what he does. Hes a no-nonsense administrator, and thats how he runs a team.



When the hell did we ever get any straight answer from a Ted Thompson interview?


Quote:
Ultimately, this Packers team is young, talented, and poised to be good for a long time. Thompson has put the Packers in a position to do what few teams in pro sports can, and that is win consistently over a number of years.



How can he even have any claim to this? We had 1 winning season under TT's controls.


Quote:
The Packers are a 10-win team easily on paper in 2009. The reason is simple: Ted Thompson has loaded this team with talent


how does he see an easy 10 win season on paper? i would love to see an explanation of this.

Quote:
With one of the youngest teams in the league, the Packers went 13-3 and were a boneheaded throw away from the Super Bowl.


Ya thats a great author there lol. one could say hell we wouldn't even have been in OT if it wasn't for the missed 36 yd fg (yes 36 yarder) so gimmie a fricken break for blaming Favre on that. Sure it was a very bad throw but we shouldn't of even had a chance at it. The whole team played like shit that day.


Now you may go back to your Ted Thompson ass kissing.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Formo  
#28 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 6:54:24 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

...Tavaris Jackson doesn't count because hell he didn't play 1/2 the season lol...


HAY!

Don't go rippin' on my teams' QB. He's the reason they turned things around and got into the playoffs. Gus barely maintained. =D
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dhazer  
#29 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 7:09:50 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

...Tavaris Jackson doesn't count because hell he didn't play 1/2 the season lol...


HAY!

Don't go rippin' on my teams' QB. He's the reason they turned things around and got into the playoffs. Gus barely maintained. =D




Im still waiting to buy a #4 JERSEY yes a JDB jersey :P
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline dfosterf  
#30 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 7:12:58 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

I sense that Dhaze was not especially enamored with the title.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline longtimefan  
#31 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:03:18 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
So why is this an Ode to me? I'm not a Favre worshipper, yes i am a Ted Thompson hater which is totally different than the author of that story. Lets pick some shit apart here?


Quote:
Three of the four teams in the conference championships last year were lead by QBs drafted by their team. In fact, eight of the 12 playoff teams had homegrown signal callers.


Big Ben has only been in the league for what 5 years and he has 2 rings mostly because of the defense?

Flacco a rookie qb with a great defense


.


LOL

So your agreeing that a good defense helps to win games?

something tons of fans have said was the main reason for the record for the Pack last year?
Offline longtimefan  
#32 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:14:10 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


Quote:
Three of the four teams in the conference championships last year were lead by QBs drafted by their team. In fact, eight of the 12 playoff teams had homegrown signal callers.


Big Ben has only been in the league for what 5 years and he has 2 rings mostly because of the defense?

Flacco a rookie qb with a great defense

McNabb is one he can really use in this claim

Warner isn't orginally with the Cards

Eli Manning 4th year in league

Phillip Rivers 4th year in league

Matt Ryan rookie with good running offense

Peyton Manning good for his claim

Chad Pennington came from the Jets

Tavaris Jackson doesn't count because hell he didn't play 1/2 the season lol

Kerry Collins drafted by the Giants

Jake Delhomme was originally signed by the Saints


So out of 12 he has 2 guys he can use to back his claims because the others with the original teams are still in their rookie contracts.






He said 3 out of the 4 in the conference games were home grown and he is right..

Arizona and Philly

Pitt and Baltimore

Arizona was only one..

Other playoff games, Collins, Jake, Chad and Warner

thats 4 out of 12


What is this 2 out of 12 you are talking about?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:27:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

I like it when dhazer grasps at things. How far are you from Souderton?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:27:34 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Quote:
Ultimately, this Packers team is young, talented, and poised to be good for a long time. Thompson has put the Packers in a position to do what few teams in pro sports can, and that is win consistently over a number of years.


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

How can he even have any claim to this? We had 1 winning season under Ted Thompson's controls.


He said in position to consistently win..

didnt say they WERE doing it..


Quote:
The Packers are a 10-win team easily on paper in 2009. The reason is simple: Ted Thompson has loaded this team with talent



Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

how does he see an easy 10 win season on paper? i would love to see an explanation of this.


I am not speaking for him but he might be thinking that since we beat Minny 1 time and lost the other on a MISSED fg those are 2 wins

Same for the Bears..2 more wins

thats 4

Lions thats 2

so now we have 6

Cinncy? and the browns, thats 2 more

So now we have 8

Tampa looks to be a win with all the re-tooling they done so thats a total of 9

Frisco thats 10

And in case you are saying the bears and viks are not 4 wins, okay then how bout going 2-2 with them then a win vs Seattle and the rams makes it 10 again




Quote:
With one of the youngest teams in the league, the Packers went 13-3 and were a boneheaded throw away from the Super Bowl.


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Ya thats a great author there lol. one could say hell we wouldn't even have been in OT if it wasn't for the missed 36 yd fg (yes 36 yarder) so gimmie a fricken break for blaming Favre on that. Sure it was a very bad throw but we shouldn't of even had a chance at it. The whole team played like shit that day.



That right there is a Favre apologist..

You put losses on Rodgers but are blaming everyone else for the Giants loss

Classic!
Offline dhazer  
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:49:50 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
So why is this an Ode to me? I'm not a Favre worshipper, yes i am a Ted Thompson hater which is totally different than the author of that story. Lets pick some shit apart here?


Quote:
Three of the four teams in the conference championships last year were lead by QBs drafted by their team. In fact, eight of the 12 playoff teams had homegrown signal callers.


Big Ben has only been in the league for what 5 years and he has 2 rings mostly because of the defense?

Flacco a rookie qb with a great defense


.




LOL

So your agreeing that a good defense helps to win games?

something tons of fans have said was the main reason for the record for the Pack last year?




If you ever read my posts you will have seen i have always said defense wins championships, so how do you blame the defense for all the losses last year sure they gave up late game leads but yet they led the league in defensive tds, and plaid pretty solid for most games ubtil the whole team failed in the ends of games.

now to your quarterback thing, flacco and big ben are home grown because they were still in their rookie contracts along with alot of the other playoff qbs. I thought i made it pretty clear by explaining after each qb.


So seeing you think all those games are wins why play the games? I'm sticking to my 7-9 record maybe 8-8. But i know the Packers have the best team in the NFL and noone else can get better.




Oh and your Favre apologist comment i guess you only read parts of things because i said the game should've never made it to OT and the whole team sucked that day. But your right i'm defending Favre because i said the whole team sucked.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline longtimefan  
#36 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:13:09 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

So now a home grown q/b is only one that is still in rookie contract? WOW, you are really saying that?

I thought home grown means with out a doubt that the team that drafted him..


Show me how I am saying the D is the ONLY reason we lost games last year? I can show you/tell you this

Main reason does not = the only reason.

Defense blew games, S/T play ( that includes punt, kickoff, and fg units) were blown and Rodgers blew passes..Those are my reasons....

Your saying they will loose 8 or 9 games, I guess I could say to you....Why bother to play the games you think they will loose them..... so why bother to play...See how asinine your logic is?

I saw/read your post, and I really am surprised that you think your logic is rational.

You say we shouldnt have made over time, that the whoe team stunk in the NFCCG and I agree 100%...But your passing off Bretts throw like--- so what, we didnt deserve to be there

BULLSHIT


Brett is a VET and 3 time MVP....you yourself said, it was a very bad throw..A person like Brett SHOULD not have made that bad of a throw at THAT POINT of the game...

So when you explain that the throw was bad, but that's okay cuz we didn't belong there---to me echoes it is an excuse for Bretts throw, and that is BULLSHIT

We had it in our grasp no matter how or why we were there and Brett blew it..
Offline dfosterf  
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:23:21 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

For planning purposes is this going to turn into the usual pissing contest...

I hope this thread was named in jest...I suspect it was.

Let's make damn sure to keep it friendly, because this is damn sure not the title of a thread that we want to see get seriously personal...seriously.

We are all friends here and I want it to stay that way.

I am not ripping on the title, but I can sure as hell see how Dhaze would come in on defense mode...I would do the same.

Not to mention that the parties involved have had this talk...I'm sure, just with like 1 /10000 of the details changed slightly in some way that would prompt yet another round of the same old bullshit arguing.

Again, the article itself was fine, some of the argument is quite legitimate, but be nice.....

please.

Thanks
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline go.pack.go.  
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:55:17 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

I like this kind of thread.

Anyway, It's an interesting point that longtime brings up. You do something that seems like defending Favre on that last INT against NY, saying that it is the whole team's fault that they lost that game.

Now, tell me why you blame Rodgers for the close games, NOT saying that it was the whole teams fault......Apparently Rodgers sucks because he can't bring the team back when they are down with about 30 seconds left in the game and they are in an obvious passing situation.

That puzzles me.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#39 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:17:09 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline go.pack.go.  
#40 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:24:42 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

I agree, nonstop.....and also anyone who questions the talent on our team.............
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:07:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. ;)
I thought similar to those who thought we'd be 4 or 5 win team last season... look where that got me? ;)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:08:37 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Touche, my friend. Touche!
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:19:47 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. ;)
I thought similar to those who thought we'd be 4 or 5 win team last season... look where that got me? ;)


Also in the prediction thread we had already didn't you predict the same as me 7-9 to 9-7 ? :p i guess your sanity is in question also.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline dhazer  
#44 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:25:08 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I like this kind of thread.

Anyway, It's an interesting point that longtime brings up. You do something that seems like defending Favre on that last INT against NY, saying that it is the whole team's fault that they lost that game.

Now, tell me why you blame Rodgers for the close games, NOT saying that it was the whole teams fault......Apparently Rodgers sucks because he can't bring the team back when they are down with about 30 seconds left in the game and they are in an obvious passing situation.

That puzzles me.


When you claim i blame Rodgers is because people say he had nothing to do with the loss thus i have to disagree he had part in it as did all the other players. See you people just won't understand i guess. It may sound like i'm blaming everything on Rodgers when in fact i am pointing out he is part of the reason we lost. We have gone over this many times and it gets old fast.

Then i get people questioning my sanity because i say we are a 7-9 win team and not 10-13 wins. Well what has been done to prove anything different from last year? Like it has been said over and over this is the deciding year on what this team is, a contender or pretender. Also look back in history and see how well defenses do the year they change schemes and you will see they do struggle.

But keep going i don't mind talking without the goggles on.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline longtimefan  
#45 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 11:53:38 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Also look back in history and see how well defenses do the year they change schemes and you will see they do struggle.


Sorry your 100% grasping...

Doms defenses do great the following years

As Head D coach

Pitts 91, 22nd in points and yards
Pitts 92 2nd in points and 13th in yards

98 Jax 17th in points, 25th in yards
99 Jax, 1st in points, 4th in yards

Miami in 05, 15th in points, 18th in yards

Miami in 06, 5th in points, 4th in yards


I could do him as HC that would not be comparing it right.

Now show us your stats on how defenses struggle when switching schemes
Offline 4PackGirl  
#46 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:05:45 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

damn - thought this shit was all over & done with. oh well - carry on.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:39:01 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

My sig. says everything that needs to be said.

I am hoping Ted makes me a liar this year, but who knows.

Nobody knows what would of happened if Brett would have came back last year.

The assumption that going from 13-3 to 6-10 is acceptable, because Ted Thompson has put together a young team full of potential is crap.

Brett is gone, the defenses coaches in the most part are gone, 10 win on paper MEANS NOTHING, time to start winning more games than you lose or I beleieve there will be many more changes after the 2009 season.

You all can keep arguing THE BLAME GAME over past games and seasons.

I am hoping for a successful 2009, then I can change my sig.

Just a note to the writer of the article, WHY DON'T YOU TRY MOVING ON AND LOOKING TOWARD THE UPCOMING SEASON, bringing up bad memories, just causes what this whole thread has been about.

Re-hashing arguments that will never be solved.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Formo  
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:06:18 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
My sig. says everything that needs to be said.

I am hoping Ted makes me a liar this year, but who knows.

Nobody knows what would of happened if Brett would have came back last year.

The assumption that going from 13-3 to 6-10 is acceptable, because Ted Thompson has put together a young team full of potential is crap.

Brett is gone, the defenses coaches in the most part are gone, 10 win on paper MEANS NOTHING, time to start winning more games than you lose or I beleieve there will be many more changes after the 2009 season.

You all can keep arguing THE BLAME GAME over past games and seasons.

I am hoping for a successful 2009, then I can change my sig.

Just a note to the writer of the article, WHY DON'T YOU TRY MOVING ON AND LOOKING TOWARD THE UPCOMING SEASON, bringing up bad memories, just causes what this whole thread has been about.

Re-hashing arguments that will never be solved.


Solid post.

Really well said.

Now, go back to the cellar!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann