Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:13:09 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

So now a home grown q/b is only one that is still in rookie contract? WOW, you are really saying that?

I thought home grown means with out a doubt that the team that drafted him..

Show me how I am saying the D is the ONLY reason we lost games last year? I can show you/tell you this

Main reason does not = the only reason.

Defense blew games, S/T play ( that includes punt, kickoff, and fg units) were blown and Rodgers blew passes..Those are my reasons....

Your saying they will loose 8 or 9 games, I guess I could say to you....Why bother to play the games you think they will loose them..... so why bother to play...See how asinine your logic is?

I saw/read your post, and I really am surprised that you think your logic is rational.

You say we shouldnt have made over time, that the whoe team stunk in the NFCCG and I agree 100%...But your passing off Bretts throw like--- so what, we didnt deserve to be there

BULLSHIT

Brett is a VET and 3 time MVP....you yourself said, it was a very bad throw..A person like Brett SHOULD not have made that bad of a throw at THAT POINT of the game...

So when you explain that the throw was bad, but that's okay cuz we didn't belong there---to me echoes it is an excuse for Bretts throw, and that is BULLSHIT

We had it in our grasp no matter how or why we were there and Brett blew it..
Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:23:21 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 205
Applause Received: 428

For planning purposes is this going to turn into the usual pissing contest...

I hope this thread was named in jest...I suspect it was.

Let's make damn sure to keep it friendly, because this is damn sure not the title of a thread that we want to see get seriously personal...seriously.

We are all friends here and I want it to stay that way.

I am not ripping on the title, but I can sure as hell see how Dhaze would come in on defense mode...I would do the same.

Not to mention that the parties involved have had this talk...I'm sure, just with like 1 /10000 of the details changed slightly in some way that would prompt yet another round of the same old bullshit arguing.

Again, the article itself was fine, some of the argument is quite legitimate, but be nice.....

please.

Thanks
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline go.pack.go.  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:55:17 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Received: 44

I like this kind of thread.

Anyway, It's an interesting point that longtime brings up. You do something that seems like defending Favre on that last INT against NY, saying that it is the whole team's fault that they lost that game.

Now, tell me why you blame Rodgers for the close games, NOT saying that it was the whole teams fault......Apparently Rodgers sucks because he can't bring the team back when they are down with about 30 seconds left in the game and they are in an obvious passing situation.

That puzzles me.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:17:09 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline go.pack.go.  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:24:42 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Received: 44

I agree, nonstop.....and also anyone who questions the talent on our team.............
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:07:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. ;)
I thought similar to those who thought we'd be 4 or 5 win team last season... look where that got me? ;)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:08:37 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Touche, my friend. Touche!
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:19:47 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

I thought similar to those who thought we'd be 4 or 5 win team last season... look where that got me? ;)

Also in the prediction thread we had already didn't you predict the same as me 7-9 to 9-7 ? :p i guess your sanity is in question also.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline dhazer  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:25:08 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

I like this kind of thread.

Anyway, It's an interesting point that longtime brings up. You do something that seems like defending Favre on that last INT against NY, saying that it is the whole team's fault that they lost that game.

Now, tell me why you blame Rodgers for the close games, NOT saying that it was the whole teams fault......Apparently Rodgers sucks because he can't bring the team back when they are down with about 30 seconds left in the game and they are in an obvious passing situation.

That puzzles me.

When you claim i blame Rodgers is because people say he had nothing to do with the loss thus i have to disagree he had part in it as did all the other players. See you people just won't understand i guess. It may sound like i'm blaming everything on Rodgers when in fact i am pointing out he is part of the reason we lost. We have gone over this many times and it gets old fast.

Then i get people questioning my sanity because i say we are a 7-9 win team and not 10-13 wins. Well what has been done to prove anything different from last year? Like it has been said over and over this is the deciding year on what this team is, a contender or pretender. Also look back in history and see how well defenses do the year they change schemes and you will see they do struggle.

But keep going i don't mind talking without the goggles on.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline longtimefan  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 11:53:38 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

Also look back in history and see how well defenses do the year they change schemes and you will see they do struggle.

Sorry your 100% grasping...

Doms defenses do great the following years

As Head D coach

Pitts 91, 22nd in points and yards
Pitts 92 2nd in points and 13th in yards

98 Jax 17th in points, 25th in yards
99 Jax, 1st in points, 4th in yards

Miami in 05, 15th in points, 18th in yards

Miami in 06, 5th in points, 4th in yards

I could do him as HC that would not be comparing it right.

Now show us your stats on how defenses struggle when switching schemes
Rss Feed