Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:07:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,038
Applause Received: 2,435
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. Wink
I thought similar to those who thought we'd be 4 or 5 win team last season... look where that got me? Wink
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:08:37 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Registered
United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany
Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263
Touche, my friend. Touche!
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#33 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:19:47 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 219
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I -- very respectfully, kindly, and politely -- question the sanity of anyone who actually expects the Packers to go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. Wink
I thought similar to those who thought we'd be 4 or 5 win team last season... look where that got me? Wink


Also in the prediction thread we had already didn't you predict the same as me 7-9 to 9-7 ? Razz i guess your sanity is in question also.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be Smile
Offline dhazer  
#34 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:25:08 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 219
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I like this kind of thread.

Anyway, It's an interesting point that longtime brings up. You do something that seems like defending Favre on that last INT against NY, saying that it is the whole team's fault that they lost that game.

Now, tell me why you blame Rodgers for the close games, NOT saying that it was the whole teams fault......Apparently Rodgers sucks because he can't bring the team back when they are down with about 30 seconds left in the game and they are in an obvious passing situation.

That puzzles me.


When you claim i blame Rodgers is because people say he had nothing to do with the loss thus i have to disagree he had part in it as did all the other players. See you people just won't understand i guess. It may sound like i'm blaming everything on Rodgers when in fact i am pointing out he is part of the reason we lost. We have gone over this many times and it gets old fast.

Then i get people questioning my sanity because i say we are a 7-9 win team and not 10-13 wins. Well what has been done to prove anything different from last year? Like it has been said over and over this is the deciding year on what this team is, a contender or pretender. Also look back in history and see how well defenses do the year they change schemes and you will see they do struggle.

But keep going i don't mind talking without the goggles on.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be Smile
Offline longtimefan  
#35 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 11:53:38 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Registered
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Also look back in history and see how well defenses do the year they change schemes and you will see they do struggle.


Sorry your 100% grasping...

Doms defenses do great the following years

As Head D coach

Pitts 91, 22nd in points and yards
Pitts 92 2nd in points and 13th in yards

98 Jax 17th in points, 25th in yards
99 Jax, 1st in points, 4th in yards

Miami in 05, 15th in points, 18th in yards

Miami in 06, 5th in points, 4th in yards


I could do him as HC that would not be comparing it right.

Now show us your stats on how defenses struggle when switching schemes
Offline 4PackGirl  
#36 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:05:45 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois
Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124
damn - thought this shit was all over & done with. oh well - carry on.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#37 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:39:01 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 413
Applause Received: 510
My sig. says everything that needs to be said.

I am hoping Ted makes me a liar this year, but who knows.

Nobody knows what would of happened if Brett would have came back last year.

The assumption that going from 13-3 to 6-10 is acceptable, because Ted Thompson has put together a young team full of potential is crap.

Brett is gone, the defenses coaches in the most part are gone, 10 win on paper MEANS NOTHING, time to start winning more games than you lose or I beleieve there will be many more changes after the 2009 season.

You all can keep arguing THE BLAME GAME over past games and seasons.

I am hoping for a successful 2009, then I can change my sig.

Just a note to the writer of the article, WHY DON'T YOU TRY MOVING ON AND LOOKING TOWARD THE UPCOMING SEASON, bringing up bad memories, just causes what this whole thread has been about.

Re-hashing arguments that will never be solved.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Formo  
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:06:18 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
My sig. says everything that needs to be said.

I am hoping Ted makes me a liar this year, but who knows.

Nobody knows what would of happened if Brett would have came back last year.

The assumption that going from 13-3 to 6-10 is acceptable, because Ted Thompson has put together a young team full of potential is crap.

Brett is gone, the defenses coaches in the most part are gone, 10 win on paper MEANS NOTHING, time to start winning more games than you lose or I beleieve there will be many more changes after the 2009 season.

You all can keep arguing THE BLAME GAME over past games and seasons.

I am hoping for a successful 2009, then I can change my sig.

Just a note to the writer of the article, WHY DON'T YOU TRY MOVING ON AND LOOKING TOWARD THE UPCOMING SEASON, bringing up bad memories, just causes what this whole thread has been about.

Re-hashing arguments that will never be solved.


Solid post.

Really well said.

Now, go back to the cellar!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Bigbyfan

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

26-Feb / Announcements / Zero2Cool

26-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

26-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan


Tweeter