Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<34
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline IronMan  
#61 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 11:56:37 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 54

Favre!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:11:09 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
But to make an outrageous claim that we as fans deserve to know why any player does what he does.. Whether it be NFL involved or in his private life... is just that. Outrageous. And rude, IMO.

I find this to be a gross misrepresentation of the position we're advocating here. We (or at least I) are not saying we're entitled to some sort of expos of the motives of the parties involved. I do not think, however, that a clear, unambiguous description of the situation is too much to ask. Is he coming back or not? Has he actually signed a contract or not? Is he currently in contact with Vikings players? If not, why do so many players seem to think he's coming back? A clear "yes" or "no" and none of this "At this time" prevarication. Surely it cannot be so difficult to give an answer that is honest for more than 12 hours at a time.

Silence is a necessity when you're accused of a crime. In this situation, it only fans the flames of media hype. And both Brett Favre and Bus Cook know this full well.
UserPostedImage
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:54:30 AM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

For cripes sake!! Who the heck cares, if Favre plays, then he plays, if he dont then he dont, I for one would love to see him suit up again and I will support him. Favre is always a big story and the media runs away with it, we dont know what is true or what is false, we are only guessing. I for one have better things to do then worry about Favre coming back. I for one would be the happiest if he decides to return and I for one dont care if it takes him til the middle of the season to make up his mind. It dont effect me either way.
Heathiee
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:02:34 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

we dont know what is true or what is false,

We would, if the parties involved were simply forthright about this whole thing. :pottytrain2:
UserPostedImage
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:04:30 AM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

we dont know what is true or what is false,

We would, if the parties involved were simply forthright about this whole thing. :pottytrain2:

Hay I see your butt. lol :downtown:
Heathiee
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:08:13 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

And I see your boobs! Which is the more appealing spectacle? :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:09:59 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

But to make an outrageous claim that we as fans deserve to know why any player does what he does.. Whether it be NFL involved or in his private life... is just that. Outrageous. And rude, IMO.

I find this to be a gross misrepresentation of the position we're advocating here. We (or at least I) are not saying we're entitled to some sort of expos of the motives of the parties involved. I do not think, however, that a clear, unambiguous description of the situation is too much to ask. Is he coming back or not? Has he actually signed a contract or not? Is he currently in contact with Vikings players? If not, why do so many players seem to think he's coming back? A clear "yes" or "no" and none of this "At this time" prevarication. Surely it cannot be so difficult to give an answer that is honest for more than 12 hours at a time.

Silence is a necessity when you're accused of a crime. In this situation, it only fans the flames of media hype. And both Brett Favre and Bus Cook know this full well.

I see what you are saying.. And here's the deal:

Favre, two years ago, came out and said, "I am retired. I feel like I can still physically play, but mentally I don't think so, so I am retiring." That's a straight shot of an answer as one can get. Turns out, he changed his mind (which is his full right to do so). But, the media and fans threw him under the bus because he 'lied'. His reputation took a hit, because of it.

Favre and Cook learned their lesson. No more 'straight shooting' unless it's 100% positive. Hense the 'At this time' statements. Sorry, I don't see that as a 'prevarication'.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:25:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,861
Applause Received: 2,023

lmao ... no more straight shooting ... like they have been shooting straight at anytime ... you the funny!!

Now, if you're saying that when Brett was asked at any given time he just stated how he felt, okay, sure. But Cook has never been straight with his shooting.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:42:42 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 266
Applause Received: 385

What amazes me is everytime there is a story which mentions Brett's name, it turns into a 4-5 6 or maybe more page article on this forum.

Those of you who say the media is whoring out Brett's name, should look into the mirror. There are some who will at any given chance take a shot at Brett, because they feel he has betrayed them in some way.

Everyone and I mean everyone on this forum knew Brett was not going to stay retired last year, the big question was who he was going to play for.

That question was answered in due time.

Why let any of this effect you as a Packer fan, the Packers are now removed from the situation, the team looked good it's 1st pre-season game, why not talk about the upcoming game.

Everyone who knows anything about football knows that as soon as a teams starter gets hurt this pre-season, the first person who will be called is Brett Favre.

How many time has Vinney T. came out of retirement?

I know it is tough, because Brett was such a legend in Green Bay, to actually think he would want to play someone else, but he is what he is, a football player, who still has the itch to play.

I hate the thought of Brett playing in Miinesota, but if they are the ones who win out, then so be it.

Brett will do what he thinkls is best for him and his family, nobody elses opinion matters.

Finishing up I see that some of you have forgotten Brett's first name, now he is just FAVRE, like he is some kind of criminal.

Why argue about trivial things nobody on this forum has control over?

The Packers have turned the corner,most on this forum need to also, I myself will remember Brett playing like any kid in the backyard plays, and if he does decide to play again this year, I'll be watching!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:42:48 AM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Favre!
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:55:36 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

wouldnt it be funny if Brett flew to Minny today?
Offline MassPackersFan  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:12:11 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

And signed today?
UserPostedImage
Offline joym13  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:12:35 PM(UTC)
joym13

wouldnt it be funny if Brett flew to Minny today?

That would be downright hilarious :tongue3: (and yes I've heard the news today)
blank
Rss Feed