Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<34
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:26:31 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What playbook?

That moron chilly has their plays on the back of a matchbook cover.

Cripes, didn't you notice, Favre was on the field for five minutes and was runnin' the show.

He had a tougher time learning the intricacies of that High school team he was farting around with in Hattiesburg the past couple of off-seasons.

:profileleft:

Funny you mention that.

A lot of the blame for the lack of development of T-Jack was put on the fact that Chilly's playbook was bigger than the NYC phonebook.

Then they were wrong.

Or you are afraid to mentally conceive that Favre's mental capacity just may be what the Vikings need behind center. (Lets face it.. T-Jack has proven he's not the QB for Chilly's system.. And Gus is a poor man's Sage.)

Erm... what's a nickel? Lol.

?! Who said nickel?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dfosterf  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:30:49 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 416

Formo--I edited, so you got more shit to look at.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Online Rockmolder  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:33:36 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 259

What playbook?

Cripes, didn't you notice, Favre was on the field for five minutes and was runnin' the show.

He had a tougher time learning the intricacies of that High school team he was farting around with in Hattiesburg the past couple of off-seasons.

Funny you mention that.

A lot of the blame for the lack of development of T-Jack was put on the fact that Chilly's playbook was bigger than the NYC phonebook.

Then they were wrong.

Or you are afraid to mentally conceive that Favre's mental capacity just may be what the Vikings need behind center. (Lets face it.. T-Jack has proven he's not the QB for Chilly's system.. And Gus is a poor man's Sage.)

?! Who said nickel?

Can't find it now, but there was a video with Brett asking what a Nickel defense was. That was around his 10th year in the league. Thought it was somewhere in these ESPN soundbites. Couldn't find it, but these are still worth watching. Don't want to kill your conversation with Foster, but a venting video is always nice, lol.

[youtube]HvDOHYy49V0[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:43:49 PM(UTC)
Formo

What playbook?

Funny you mention that.

Then they were wrong.

If you are trying to say that they will either expand the existing playbook or start using installs that they might have had but never used, I would have agreed with that right away. To say that TJack's difficulties were due to an overly sophisticated playbook, or too big of one...that is completely false. That's all. Chilly's installs have been one day deals since he got there. You can say it's the QB's--I have no problem with the whys--- Just pointing out the what.

Yes--I think Chilly will go to a more sophisticated offense with Brett.

I also think Chilly is gutless for not staying with what he had. Your boy TJack suffered growing pains. I thought this could easily be his year. He is apparently not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he didn't need to be. P.P.O. might rag his ass, but that don't make 'em right over there. You guys have been throwing people under the bus for years. Sage looked good, TJack not so fantastic, but still the great athlete that he is.

TJack has happy feet. He needs better coaching. He didn't develop ovcernight...sorry. You fools will not know what could have happened, because you panicked. I understand Chilly paniking, because his fans always have. It's like the whole damn franchise is teetering on the brink of obscurity because the fanbase runs the show--or the lack of a fanbase.

Your team might have had a future if only the FO had some mettle. Fortunately, they do not.

Someone is very likely to get an outstanding QB of the future at your expense. This is not a new outlook from one of your "typical Puker fans"so many of those fellow assholes at PPO like to stereotype. It is the same views I gave over there to your 8000+ buddies..for over a year.

I think this was stupid and am quite pleased about it...still.

(For clarification purposes, lol)

T-Jack just might be an NFL starting QB. I don't think he is, but he maybe one. One thing I do feel and believe.. He isn't a starting QB in Chilly's offense. The best thing that could happen to T-Jack would be traded to a team that fits his style more (I don't know what style that is, though..)

I'm not seeing any improvement in his poise. Which has always been his bane. I don't know if Sage is the answer, but he very well could be the type of QB the Vikings can use and still be a very successful team. Booty is still an unknown, and I'm 100% ok with him continuing to ride the pine and learn from the vets, and absorb the system. The attraction of Favre, in my view, has a very low risk, with a very high reward. This is less risky than trading for Jared Allen (remember, a 1st, 3rd, and a 6th round pick, and A LOT of cash for an unknown character in Allen?) but has a higher reward factor. If Favre doesn't pan out.. The Vikings loss nothing but maybe T-Jack (which would be best for both parties anyway). Sage is a career backup.. He understands that if Favre doesn't pan, he's the guy stepping in after this year. Meanwhile, the Vikings already took care of the free agent veterans this offseason (Birk, Sharp, etc.).

I think Chilly would be an idiot to stick with T-Jack. Thank goodness he brought in Sage (and eventually Favre), otherwise I'd be calling for his head already, despite last season's success.

I'm not a big Chilly fan. But I can't deny the players he has helped to bring in (Hutch, Allen, Favre, Chester, etc.). Because of that, I'm willing to give him another year before I make anymore decisions on him. Besides, now we can't use the excuse of, "Well, you can't do/expect much with so-in-so at QB.."
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:47:23 PM(UTC)
Formo

What playbook?

Funny you mention that.

Then they were wrong.

?! Who said nickel?

Can't find it now, but there was a video with Brett asking what a Nickel defense was. That was around his 10th year in the league. Thought it was somewhere in these ESPN soundbites. Couldn't find it, but these are still worth watching. Don't want to kill your conversation with Foster, but a venting video is always nice, lol.

[youtube]HvDOHYy49V0[/youtube]

If he's as goofy playing as a Viking as he was in those clips... My God, this will be entertaining. Haha! Nice find, Rock.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:49:34 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 416

See Rock, no need to panic. Formo and I (and our various buds) have been doing this shit for years, lol.

I think if it's TJack that goes, it will be because of marketability and/or his (totally understandable, imo) request to be the one to go.

If they can get a draft pick for him, they are cutting their losses. I don't think they could get a six pack for Booty.

It is, as always, an opinion.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Formo  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:53:55 PM(UTC)
Formo

See Rock, no need to panic. Formo and I (and our various buds) have been doing this shit for years, lol.

I think if it's TJack that goes, it will be because of marketability and/or his (totally understandable, imo) request to be the one to go.

If they can get a draft pick for him, they are cutting their losses. I don't think they could get a six pack for Booty.

It is, as always, an opinion.

My desire is for T-Jack to be traded, even if it's for a 5-7th rounder. This way they can keep Booty and possibly have him compete in the near future for the franchise QB. And the Vikings could get at least SOMETHING for T-Jack.

Who knows, though.
UserPostedImage
Online Rockmolder  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:03:42 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 259

Lol. I've seen some heated discussions over here before. And I've posted and read quite a few things on PP.O. They're the same as I am with my friends. People tend to mistake us for enemies half the time. My boss actually asked me if I actually liked the guy I worked with (A friend of mine). (Wouldn't have told so, would you).

Anyway, point is, I didn't think this was some kind of war. I just like some tention releasers. That was a perfect way to put one in.

But thanks for the consideration. Lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#69 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 12:23:33 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

Favre throws for 3500 yards, 30 TDs, keeps his consecutive streak alive and makes the Pro Bowl.

The Packers for 16-0 and win the Super Bowl and the Vikings go 0-16.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#70 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 2:01:46 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Ugh, I don't want Brett Favre to present the NFC in the Pro Bowl. :P

Besides, when was the last time he actually played in a Pro Bowl to which he was invited? Seriously. Give the roster spot to someone who actually appreciates the honor.
UserPostedImage
Offline walleye  
#71 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 4:53:53 PM(UTC)
walleye

has nothing to do with Brett. boobies , hotters and more boobies!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Rss Feed