You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<78910>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#121 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:21:04 AM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 331
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)

Applause Received: 1

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.


Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.



Again if you cant say anything good about someone, then dont say anything at all. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Favre has his right to change his mind on retiring if he wants to 100 times. Who are we to think that is wrong? Its his life he can do whatever he wants. And when exactly did Favre piss and moan? The only thing that he was guilty of was retiring, many people do this. Some people retire and then decide its not for them and want to work again, whats wrong with that? What is Favre set out to do? Yes he is a viking now so be it, and yes he wants to win against the Packers, I would to I no longer am playing for the Packers of course I want the team I am playing on to win. The only thing that I question about what Favre has said was it isnt for revenge against the Packers, I think a very small part is he wants to win against the Packers to prove his point. But again if I got fired from a job and worked my butt off for them, I would seek alittle revenge as well, Favre is only human, he hasnt done somethings right but none of have lead the perfect life, we have all made mistakes along the way.


Whoa whoa whoa. You're right, Favre has the right to do what he wants. We shouldn't prevent him from doing so. That does NOT mean we can't show displeasure or disagreement with it. That's OUR right.
And for the record, if I retired twice in two years from my company, and then called off coming back when my boss was flying to my home to welcome me back, I would not expect them to still be cool with giving me my old office. What you're asking is that we all treat Favre like a diva.



No, all I am asking for is that you respect Brett as a person and player.
Heathiee
Offline MassPackersFan  
#122 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:21:57 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,921
Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

I guess it doesn't really matter how we receive Brett. I want to hear Rodgers and our team get the biggest cheers I've heard in the stadium in years.
UserPostedImage
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:22:46 AM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 331
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)

Applause Received: 1

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You will grow up someday and realize that hating Brett Favre is so immature.

You don't agree with what he did, as do most on this forum, fine, but he still wanted to play football, and The Vikings were the team that wanted him.

Everything else will blow over in time.



+1
Heathiee
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#124 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:24:52 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,647
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

IMO Booing is giving Brett more of what he likes attention. Treat him like any other player for a visiting team. If you boo them all, then boo him, if you don't do nothing for the others, then do nothing for Brett.

In the Viking uniform, he is just another visiting player. Look at the reception Cutler got in Denver. I think that looked completely classless from the fans.

I for one will not be one of them fans.

If anything, When Brett walks onto the field. Cheer for Rodgers, and drown out anything else.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#125 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:25:19 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,921
Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.


Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.



Again if you cant say anything good about someone, then dont say anything at all. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Favre has his right to change his mind on retiring if he wants to 100 times. Who are we to think that is wrong? Its his life he can do whatever he wants. And when exactly did Favre piss and moan? The only thing that he was guilty of was retiring, many people do this. Some people retire and then decide its not for them and want to work again, whats wrong with that? What is Favre set out to do? Yes he is a viking now so be it, and yes he wants to win against the Packers, I would to I no longer am playing for the Packers of course I want the team I am playing on to win. The only thing that I question about what Favre has said was it isnt for revenge against the Packers, I think a very small part is he wants to win against the Packers to prove his point. But again if I got fired from a job and worked my butt off for them, I would seek alittle revenge as well, Favre is only human, he hasnt done somethings right but none of have lead the perfect life, we have all made mistakes along the way.


Whoa whoa whoa. You're right, Favre has the right to do what he wants. We shouldn't prevent him from doing so. That does NOT mean we can't show displeasure or disagreement with it. That's OUR right.
And for the record, if I retired twice in two years from my company, and then called off coming back when my boss was flying to my home to welcome me back, I would not expect them to still be cool with giving me my old office. What you're asking is that we all treat Favre like a diva.



No, all I am asking for is that you respect Brett as a person and player.


What's incredible to me is that I used to respect him more than any other athlete. I was 100% on his side. He has squandered that respect. Respect is something you earn. I don't think he's a P.O.S. chump or anything, but there are definitely other athletes I admire more than him now. It just seems like he used to show strength in the face of adversity, and the strength in him would triumph over his weaknesses. Now his weaknesses seem to be driving him. When I heard Gruden talk about Favre during MNF, and how "making him feel wanted" can go a very long way with Brett, and Childress just "showed him some love" to get him there... that is insecurity driving his decisions, plain and simple. It's kind of sad to see. I don't recognize any of that old inner strength surfacing to conquer much anymore.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:28:25 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,875
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 175

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
IMO Booing is giving Brett more of what he likes attention. Treat him like any other player for a visiting team. If you boo them all, then boo him, if you don't do nothing for the others, then do nothing for Brett.

In the Viking uniform, he is just another visiting player. Look at the reception Cutler got in Denver. I think that looked completely classless from the fans.

I for one will not be one of them fans.

If anything, When Brett walks onto the field. Cheer for Rodgers, and drown out anything else.



i gave you a +1 for that, it made their fans look foolish and hopefully our fans won't look like such idiots.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline NormaL  
#127 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 11:14:00 AM(UTC)
NormaL

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 182
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)


Guess I'm classless cause I thought it was pretty entertaining to see all the fans voicing their feelings towards Cutler.

If you can cheer for your heroes, you can boo the enemy. It's part of what makes football great, the emotions involved by both the fans and the players.

Of course I don't have a man crush on Favre, so I won't be trying to lead others to believe it's ignorant to boo a player.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?

Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Offline Rockmolder  
#128 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 11:16:26 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Netherlands
Posts: 6,343
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 215

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
IMO Booing is giving Brett more of what he likes attention. Treat him like any other player for a visiting team. If you boo them all, then boo him, if you don't do nothing for the others, then do nothing for Brett.

In the Viking uniform, he is just another visiting player. Look at the reception Cutler got in Denver. I think that looked completely classless from the fans.

I for one will not be one of them fans.

If anything, When Brett walks onto the field. Cheer for Rodgers, and drown out anything else.


Nice. I agree with pretty much all you said there. There'll be some boos and I won't mind them, but he did play for us for quite a few years. Obviously, I don't want him to get a Packers-like reception, but a normal Vikings one will do. Of course you can cheer when he throws an interception. The fans always cheer when the Packers get one. Unrealistic as it sounds, just go along as if it would be a normale game. Realistically, I don't think that'll happen, though.

Once again, please don't tell me that he's doing this for the love of the game. He said that he was totally done, waited untill he got released by the Jets and misteriously got a Vikings playbook at his house not too long after that. You can tell me all you want, but this is not just for the love of the game.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#129 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,193

Tank McNamara cartoon.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#130 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:46:25 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Tank McNamara cartoon.


Ha.

That's overall pretty true, too.. lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Pack93z  
#131 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:29:53 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,603
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Tank McNamara cartoon.


Ha.

That's overall pretty true, too.. lol


Yes he is a crazed maniac at this point.. minus a knife. ;)
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#132 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:13:22 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,193

Tank is not as good today as yesterday.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#133 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:32:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,193

Friday's toon.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#134 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 2:56:47 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Very much like the silence idea and would love to give it a try. Unfortunately, my mind-control powers are limited to groups of less than 20,000. If anybody else has similar powers, can you cover another section of the stadium? I'll be sure to buy you a (poisoned) beer afterwards, I love having competition (as long as it's dead).

...;)

If that can't happen, I suppose I'll be forced to boo.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#135 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:57:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,193

I thought Wednesday's was the best one.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
10 Pages«<78910>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.537 seconds.