Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gijoe82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:17:41 PM(UTC)
gijoe82

Applause Received: 1

I say yes! A couple of thoughts about this. First and foremost I think the Williams sisters are the most important players on that team. Teams win and lose games in the trenches and with the William wall facing a 4 game suspension it could mean the difference in the highly competitave NFC north of going 12-4 versuse 8-8.
What does Favre have to do with it? Well the media circus surrounding Minnesota now (much like Green Bay last year) will be good for one thing only: Putting preasure on the Vikings to win. Which in turn allows our Pack to slide under the radar.
The Packers wont go far hoping others lose and I know its early to anoint the D as a top 5, but its hard not to feel pretty good about the fire that the D has played with in these two pre season games. Lest we not forget that Barnett and the ROLB has not been decided. I think its safe to say at least that they will be better than they were last year. If we can win those games that the D gave up in the last few minutes, I think we can win the NFC north!
Now is it good to have Favre come back and play for the Vikings? Whos not going to be excited to watch Favre play against the Pack? Will it be entertaining? If you answered yes to either of those questions than it is a good thing that Favre came back to play for the Vikings.
blank
Offline nyrpack  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:50:14 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 63

no, he should be a packer, and thats it, and now in our division !!

terrible hes a viking !!
jimmy b.
Offline pdpecho  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:18:53 AM(UTC)
pdpecho

I got to say I didn't want to see Favre in a Viking's uniform. I wanted him to succeed with the Jets but the VIKINGS?! But yes, I hope he gets killed by our linebackers and throw picks to Woodson and Harris!
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:43:05 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

I don't care for Brett being a Viking. It is even hard to type, but in the big picture it is good for the enemy, and will be good for bringing more hype to the head to head games.

I think Brett is going to find it disappointing in the end. MN needs Brett to be safe, make a few first downs and so forth. That is not Brett, that is Dilfer. Even in they end up going all the way, I believe Brett will find it a let down compared to his previous 2 SB trips. Those where teams that Brett grew and developed with.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:09:12 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Favre being a Viking brings me much glee. That doesn't change the fact I can't wait for the day his name isn't mentioned breathlessly at every opportunity by every hack sportscaster and reporter in existence.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:59:53 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

It depends on how you look at is Brett coming back a good thing, For the NFL it is a great thing money wise. Also for the Vikes it is a very smart move money wise, They sold more season tickets just from his signing and you know damn well his jersey sales will be top 5 as always. If i remember correctly and he plays all 16 games he will break the all time record for starting games, and doing it as a viking will suck because i like to remember all his records as a Packer (thus maybe thats why Ted Thompson kept him around in 2007 because he was so close to breaking so many records means extra money)

So all in all i think it was a great move to come back and everyone wins.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline walleye  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 1:17:27 PM(UTC)
walleye

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I got to say I didn't want to see Favre in a Viking's uniform. I wanted him to succeed with the Jets but the VIKINGS?! But yes, I hope he gets killed by our linebackers and throw picks to Woodson and Harris!

His old @ss is going to get laid the F out, when he plays the pack.
Sweet Mercy I cant Fn wait
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline beerme1974  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 5:48:19 PM(UTC)
beerme1974

I'm not upset he came back, but to the Viqueens is a bit much to take. I have a coworker who used to constantly complain about Favre and bring up his past issues. His substance issue, interceptions, yada yada yada. Never a good thing to say. Now Favre joins the queens and suddenly he is a big fan and just got his jersey delivered yesterday. Go figure. Good for bringing money to Ziggy and his ilk. Good if you enjoy the circus. It's gonna be a long season living in Minnesota having to listen to the collective orgasm. That is unless they start performing badly and then the bandwagon will empty as usual.
blank
Offline wrolly  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 1:15:36 AM(UTC)
wrolly

Applause Received: 6

I agree, I'm not upset that he came back to play again, but he's obviously a guy who has a hard time keeping to a commitment. Great player and after her finally grew up, he became a great guy too. He does look a little mental with his choices as of late, but oh well...that's Brett I guess.

We know that he is going to throw some TD's, throw some interceptions and win some games. What kills me is that he has never played well in domes, so it'll be interesting to see if being the home team in a dome will let him relax a little more.

The Pack will be ready to hit him hard. It's been a long time waiting for some of those guys who use to play with him. They'll enjoy giving him a good jolt (legal of course...we don't want another McMahon hit list incident!)
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 1:26:13 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Watching highlights of Favre's debut this evening was fodder for great lulzation. So yes, it's a very good thing he came back.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 10:43:05 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

So you pass Judgement on a guy that played what 2 days after signing with the team lol, but i wouldn't expect anything less from you Non.

Ps how the hell can you see the tv with your head so far up Rodgers ass? :P
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 11:10:36 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I would never draw sweeping generalizations from four plays, you goofball. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy deriving a good belly laugh from those three passes that were nowhere in the same star system as his wide receivers, though. I'd have laughed at any QB who was so far off target. :P
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 11:20:20 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

i'm glad he came back as long as he doesn't get injured. i just can't help feeling that he's playing with fire.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 11:25:43 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
i'm glad he came back as long as he doesn't get injured. i just can't help feeling that he's playing with fire.

Thats how i feel Illy.
He dodged the "bullet" for 17 years, now he wants to take a chance, at age 40?
Plus, if it's TRUE that there are some Vikings players that don't WANT him as their QB, what if one of them lets a guy get through to blind side him on purpose?
He's setting himself up for a bad finish to an amazing career.
But it's his decision to make in the end. As the old saying goes, "You made your bed, now lie in it."
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 2:31:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

NO, purple is a horrible color for an ex packer, especially for the demigod.
UserPostedImage
Offline wrolly  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 1:28:41 PM(UTC)
wrolly

Applause Received: 6

I think this year will be different for Favre and his injury free career. Lots of play on the turf in the dome...not a good place to avoid injury. Purple isn't his color, but we'll see if black and blue is!
blank
Rss Feed