Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
16 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The_Green_Ninja  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 7:43:31 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Only I have the power to stop it or let it go, it seems.

Muhahaha.

If both parties want this trade I don't see why it shouldn't be accepted. So I have no opinion, I''ll let the move process Sept. 2nd when it plans to.

You should veto it when I offer Manning for your punter because clearly in that situation we were conspiring to stack one team and dominate the entire league and no one knew it. It simply wouldn't be fair.

Don't worry. I will. I'm not that dumb :-)
Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 7:47:52 PM(UTC)
ESPN LEAGUE BOOO

BOOOOOOOO!!
mi_keys  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:08:37 PM(UTC)
So I went to propose a trade to someone but when I did it would only let me select his players, there was no box to check next to mine. And while ideally I'd love it if people would just give me players for free it's not exactly realistic. Does anyone else have this problem or am I just an idiot?
The_Green_Ninja  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:28:46 PM(UTC)
So I went to propose a trade to someone but when I did it would only let me select his players, there was no box to check next to mine. And while ideally I'd love it if people would just give me players for free it's not exactly realistic. Does anyone else have this problem or am I just an idiot?

If you look, your players have a drop down box next to each player saying "Active" or "Trade" Pick the ones you want to trade :-)
mi_keys  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:47:24 PM(UTC)

If you look, your players have a drop down box next to each player saying "Active" or "Trade" Pick the ones you want to trade :-)

So I'm an idiot. Good, problem solved.
Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 10:29:55 PM(UTC)
How do we remove someone from the league and say ... put someone else in to take over their team? Who do I nu-tor?
mi_keys  
#27 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 11:09:13 PM(UTC)
How do we remove someone from the league and say ... put someone else in to take over their team? Who do I nu-tor?

Bottom three teams relegated to the yahoo league, top three yahoo teams promoted to the ESPN league. That's how. Good luck and maybe we'll see ya next year.
Nonstopdrivel  
#28 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 11:38:23 PM(UTC)
Actually, ESPN lets a user invite another owner to take the team.
Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 11:55:08 PM(UTC)

Bottom three teams relegated to the yahoo league, top three yahoo teams promoted to the ESPN league. That's how. Good luck and maybe we'll see ya next year.

huh?
dhazer  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:34:23 AM(UTC)
i keep telling you that you can run my team because that league will be boring.
mi_keys  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:15:48 PM(UTC)

huh?

That means if you finish 18th, 19th, or 20th in the ESPN league you are kicked out and sent to the yahoo league next year, and if you finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the yahoo league you earn the right to play in the ESPN league next year. It was a backwards way of saying ESPN > yahoo. It was also completely made up.
dfosterf  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:40:41 PM(UTC)

huh?

That means if you finish 18th, 19th, or 20th in the ESPN league you are kicked out and sent to the yahoo league next year, and if you finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the yahoo league you earn the right to play in the ESPN league next year. It was a backwards way of saying ESPN > yahoo. It was also completely made up.

That is too harsh, man.

It should be the last place team in the ESPN league gets tossed and the 1st place team in the blowho league moves up with the big boys.

:sign5:
British  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
For a FF rookie like me, what makes the espn leagues so good and the yahoo ones so bad?
Nonstopdrivel  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:40:20 PM(UTC)
What makes a Chevy so good and a Ford so bad, or a Ford so good and a Chevy so bad?

There are fanatics on either side of any issue. ;)
British  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:24:14 PM(UTC)
No doubt. I'd still like to know what is good and bad about each though.
dfosterf  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:23:40 PM(UTC)
Trade proposal:

I just registered a trade proposal to acquire Kenny Britt from the lucky leprechauns in exchange for my Tyler Thigpen.

It is good for 24 hours.

Snooze you lose. How's Matt Cassel doing, health-wise, I mean...djcubez?

Does NOT sound promising...sure hope you read this before that deadline expires--I think you play Dhazer's team 1st game. It would really suck if I were to trade him to Dhazer...

He might even give me Shady McCoy for him, just to prevent you from having him...

I'm just sayin' Cassel is not dead
Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:27:38 PM(UTC)

But, I only finish 1st. That's why Ninja wouldn't allow me in. He knows I've won the last four leagues I've played in and fears me. FEARS ME!! :)
dfosterf  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:04:48 PM(UTC)
Trade proposal:

I just submitted a trade proposal to acquire Marques Colston from the Appalachian Mountaineers in exchange for my(Pennsylvania Dhazercrushers) Dauante Culpepper.

This is a "handcuff opportunity" for Stevetarded, as he currently has Matt Stafford on his roster, thus ensuring that he has a starter on his bench, in that he would have both QB's that are vying for that position in Detroit.

(Steve has Aaron Rodgers, btw)

Good for 24 hrs.
The_Green_Ninja  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:22:14 PM(UTC)

But, I only finish 1st. That's why Ninja wouldn't allow me in. He knows I've won the last four leagues I've played in and fears me. FEARS ME!! :)

Zero2Who?

:-D
djcubez  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:49:24 PM(UTC)
Trade proposal:

I just registered a trade proposal to acquire Kenny Britt from the lucky leprechauns in exchange for my Tyler Thigpen.

It is good for 24 hours.

Snooze you lose. How's Matt Cassel doing, health-wise, I mean...djcubez?

Does NOT sound promising...sure hope you read this before that deadline expires--I think you play Dhazer's team 1st game. It would really suck if I were to trade him to Dhazer...

He might even give me Shady McCoy for him, just to prevent you from having him...

I'm just sayin' Cassel is not dead

My response to dfosterf:
Last I check Thigpen was on waivers, did you happen to pick him up just to make this move?

I'm not ready to move Britt, as I see it he's one of the most valuable WR's on my team because nobody knows how good he could be, especially because the Titans don't have a standout receiver.

Plus, Thigpen has two cracked ribs, and nobody knows if he will truly backup Cassel in this situation, as Brodie Croyle is the healthiest QB on the roster. Not to mention that KC hasn't released Cassel's actual injury report--some sources are saying he actually could be healthy for the regular season opener.

I agree though, I am screwed in my QB situation, but I'm not ready to trade any of my players just yet. It's a 20 team league so every player is vital.

Which brings me to my main complaint about the league in the first place. I'm handcuffed because I only have 1 QB and he's hurt. All other 31 starting QB's are owned because there's 20 teams with one team even owning my hurt QB's backup. Whatever though, I already pretty much wrote myself out of this league when I couldn't attend the draft (because it got switched). And yes I am sour about it.
Rss Feed