Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:11:28 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

Favre totally went for FS Eugene Wilson knee in the pre-season game against the Texans on a cut block....

I honestly don't care who that is.... it could be Aaron Rodgers or Woodson ... or honestly I don't care...... if someone takes a shot at someone knee like that I want to see pay back...

I don't care if I'm on there team on not that was totally dirty and I wanted the other team to make a point that will not be allowed..... they should of taken a shot at Favre legal or not.....
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Sponsor
Offline Greg C.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:20:16 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

It's called a "cheap shot," not a "cheat shot."

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen a QB make a dirty play until tonight. Favre is lucky the Texans didn't try to take him out of the game after that. And he's lucky the Vikings don't play the Texans again this season.
blank
Offline sfalim  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:38:55 AM(UTC)
sfalim

Applause Received: 3

I didn't watch the Vikings-Texans game so I don't know what happened, but from what I've read, Favre made a cheap shot at one of the Texans players?

That's comes as a bit of a surprise for me, because no matter how disappointed and saddened I am of the way Favre has carried himself since his departure from Green Bay, I would like to think there's still a semblence of "the guy we all fell in love with and rooted for" left in him. There's still a very small part of me that wants to believe that everything he's done is because of the right reason, that he just loves the game that much. So it's just a tragedy to see him carry himself like that nowadays, slowly but surely tarnishing everything that endeared people to him.
blank
Offline TheEngineer  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:45:21 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Yes it was cheap, but not exactly on purpose.

It was a crackback block while lined up out wide on a wildcat play on Eugene Wilson.
blank
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:51:12 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Yes it was cheap, but not exactly on purpose.

It was a crackback block while lined up out wide on a wildcat play on Eugene Wilson.

The way he tried to block was on purpose.. As far as trying to hurt the guy.. I doubt it was purposeful (BTW, the player 'hurt' got off the field on his own power).

I've see Favre throw low blocks like that a few times in the past. And every time, I hated it. First off, it is a 'cheap' block (going at someone's knees like that). Second off, he's always done plays like that as a Packer. Thus, I hated it.

The big issue here is.. How many green goggles will protest that play and demand Favre's head?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:33:12 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Favre ALWAYS blocked like that.
I really don't think he does it on purpose, i think it's cause he was never trained how to properly block.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:39:56 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Favre ALWAYS blocked like that.
I really don't think he does it on purpose, i think it's cause he was never trained how to properly block.

Yup.

The only difference is with tonights block, the safety wasn't looking forward Favre's direction.. he was looking off to his left.

He's a QB. No way does he block for a living. No way does he know the rules of the crack-back block.

What's really funny is seeing people go up in arms about this, demanding Favre's head. Like they have any sort of experience playing NFL football..
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline tromadz  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 2:35:06 AM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

I thought he broke that guy's legs at first glance.

All he did was throw his body at the guy. It happens. He's a blocking noob.
Offline WhatHappensNow  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:07:05 AM(UTC)
WhatHappensNow

Didn't surprise me.
blank
Offline xavierlee9  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:20:48 AM(UTC)
xavierlee9

Blame Childress. That stuff was straight up childish. Third quarter of a preseason game, and you have a 40 year old who you just put the entire franchise on for this year out there throwing blocks. WTF.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:43:48 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

2:27 - 3:08

Anyway, it was a cheap block. Obviously it was, since he got penalized for it. Maybe he shouldn't have done it, but like said before, that's the way he blocked here as well. I'm just going to asume that he's trying to do a cut block or something, but it never works out.
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:52:24 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

What's really funny is seeing people go up in arms about this, demanding Favre's head. Like they have any sort of experience playing NFL football..

I'm not sure what you mean by "demanding Favre's head." I just said it was a cheap shot, which it obviously was. It was probably more a result of incompetence than bad intent (maybe it's not such a good idea for a guy to hop off his lawn mower and join an NFL team), but it was still cheap, and he could've ended that guy's season. Blocking low is one thing--that's what QB's do on those plays--but blocking low from the side when the guy's not looking is another thing.

At least the announcers recognized it for what it was, instead of the usual, "He's just having fun out there."
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:26:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,991

We've seen him do it a dozen times in our uniform when he was a good QB. No reason to suddenly switch ethics because he's washed up wearing purple and jump his booty for trying to be a team player. Cheap shot, yes, move on.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline LambeauEast  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:28:49 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Speaking of announcers...I was watching Total Access on NFL Network, and Marshall Faulk was praising Percy Harvin as the second coming of Christ. And he then proceeded to mention how these Queen receivers can get yards after the catch, which is something he never had in Green Bay! HUH?! WTF?! I know Faulk is a tool and all, but are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?!
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:40:56 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Speaking of announcers...I was watching Total Access on NFL Network, and Marshall Faulk was praising Percy Harvin as the second coming of Christ. And he then proceeded to mention how these Queen receivers can get yards after the catch, which is something he never had in Green Bay! HUH?! WTF?! I know Faulk is a tool and all, but are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?!

He said it a bit unclear, but I think he meant that he did have them in GB, but not in NY.

'Where Favre will fall in love with him at, in GB, something he didn't have with the Jets, run after the catch...'

At least, that's what I make from that sentence.

2:25
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed