Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<4
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online DakotaT  
#126 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 11:55:38 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 1,376

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Then I am safe.. since I am 2 years your junior... lol.. who is the old bastard now..

Talk down to ya.. now that is something I need to work on.

Well now isn't that a kick in the nuts. That's what make cyber space fun. You just never know. You do write with wisdom though.

So you could actually drink Quervo shots all night and somewhat function the next day, huh? I might have to take you up on your offer someday after all.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#127 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 12:12:17 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Then I am safe.. since I am 2 years your junior... lol.. who is the old bastard now..

Talk down to ya.. now that is something I need to work on.

Well now isn't that a kick in the nuts. That's what make cyber space fun. You just never know. You do write with wisdom though.

So you could actually drink Quervo shots all night and somewhat function the next day, huh? I might have to take you up on your offer someday after all.

Bring it.. just not Whiskey.. Whiskey and I mixed like fire and gasoline.. lol
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#128 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 5:32:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

"No matter the name"... yes but less than some others have been docked..

Favre fined $10,000 for illegal hit
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 4, 2009 4:16 PM ET
Brett Favre reverie in the national media has been a running joke among fans for years, but it was hard to find anyone this week that defended the 'ol ballplayer a pass for his illegal crackblock block Monday night against Texans safety Eugene Wilson. (Although someone, somewhere surely said it was "just football.")

The NFL has agreed Favre's hit was dirty, announcing Friday they fined Favre $10,000 for the play. The league's message is clear: no one is allowed to take a cheap shot, no matter the name.

Wilson had to leave the game, but reportedly did not suffer any serious injury from the play that Texans tackle Eric Winston called "bush league."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#129 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 10:50:41 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Good for the NFL. I didn't think they would fine him. I'm not going to quibble about the amount, as much as I'm tempted to.
blank
Offline 4PackGirl  
#130 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 11:50:39 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

dig in the couch cushions a lil brett - i'm sure you'll find that chump change. it's a non-ruling, imo.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#131 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:05:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Did Brett ever get a fine in the 16 years he played for the Packers?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline DGB454  
#132 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 8:46:30 AM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

Did Brett ever get a fine in the 16 years he played for the Packers?

Yes,

Quote:

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (Milwaukee, WI)
| November 21, 2002 |

Byline: Tom Silverstein

GREEN BAY, Wis. __ Brett Favre was fined $5,000 for his late hit on Minnesota defensive back Jack Brewer last Sunday and he was none too happy about the ruling.

The Green Bay Packers' quarterback said he had not seen the letter from the National Football League informing him of the punishment, but a league spokesman confirmed he had been fined.

There is an official appeals process and Favre said he fully intends to use it.

"It's ridiculous is what it is," Favre said. "All the times people aren't fined for hitting me. C'mon, it wasn't a defenseless player. I didn't hit him in the head. I dove. I didn't know he was tackled. Was he out of bounds? Yeah, he was out of bounds. It wasn't premeditated or anything like that."

Brewer intercepted Favre near the goal-line and returned the ball 23 yards before being run out of bounds by receiver Javon Walker. Shortly after Brewer crossed the boundary, Favre made contact with him, throwing his left shoulder into Brewer's side.

The hit didn't cause Brewer to tumble to the ground, but it clearly happened after Brewer was out of bounds, prompting the officials to penalize Favre 15 yards for unnecessary roughness.
Offline Dulak  
#133 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:54:59 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

You know whats wierd I just watched the replays of the games (over the past couple days) on nfl.com
and I saw another QB doing the same type of block. I cant remember which guy it was now
- was on a replay at nfl.com he threw a interception and the guy is running back and then the QB runs in front of him and does the same block that brent did.

makes you wonder
Offline Formo  
#134 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:01:22 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

You know whats wierd I just watched the replays of the games (over the past couple days) on nfl.com
and I saw another QB doing the same type of block. I cant remember which guy it was now
- was on a replay at nfl.com he threw a interception and the guy is running back and then the QB runs in front of him and does the same block that brent did.

makes you wonder

Yeah.. Makes you wonder..

They are freakin' QBs. They don't throw blocks.. It's just not what they do. But they DO want to help their team win.. even if that means to throw their bodies hap-hazardly in front of a pursuing defender. (i.e. Trent Green a few years ago)

These are all non-issues. People love to stroke their self-righteous egos and blow these issues out of preportion.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline 4PackGirl  
#135 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:46:23 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

yes formo & we ALL know who you like to stroke. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#136 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:17:34 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

People love to stroke their self-righteous egos and blow these issues out of preportion.

You know what I couldnt think of a description of this and you came up with the perfect one. +1
Online dhazer  
#137 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 2:17:33 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 50
Applause Received: 204

i remember in the super bowl between the Steelers and Seahawks when hasselbeck got picked off and when pittsburgh was returning it Hasselbeck did the throw your body in front of a blocker and he got called for an illegal block. I always wondered how you can get nailed for an illegal block when your trying to tackle.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline nyrpack  
#138 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:15:02 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 64

i cant understand the packer fans who think favre is cheap for doing this !!, if he was still on the pack not one of these people would have any problem with it, brett always goes 110 % no matter pre season or not, hes not a right tackle hes a qb trying to anything for a win , not trying to hurt someone !!
jimmy b.
Offline Cheesey  
#139 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:54:52 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

i cant understand the packer fans who think favre is cheap for doing this !!, if he was still on the pack not one of these people would have any problem with it, brett always goes 110 % no matter pre season or not, hes not a right tackle hes a qb trying to anything for a win , not trying to hurt someone !!

First off, your statement is wrong. If he was still a Packer, i would STILL say it was the wrong way to block. I don't care WHO'S team he, or any other player is on, it was wrong to dive at someone's knees. I don't give "free passes" to ANY player, whether he's on MY team or not. If Aaron Rodgers does it, i STILL say it's wrong.

I do NOT think he was trying to go at the guy's knees. I think he was only trying to block, but did a lousy job of it. BUT, if you are EVER going to block, you HAVE to learn how to do it properly, or you have NO business trying to throw a block. Learn to do it right, or don't block period. To ruin someone's career because you are a QB and don't know the proper way to block, then DON'T BLOCK.
Now......10 grand? Like 4pack said.....to Favre, thats "chump change". A slap on the wrist.
UserPostedImage
Offline Kingdom22  
#140 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:09:02 PM(UTC)
Kingdom22

Applause Received: 1

Favre use to do these blocks when he was with the Packers. Was he not saying that he had cracked ribs or something? Imagine this after that block the guy falls on him, I don't think he will be doing these blocks again. Just in case you guys missed it, he is trying to prove that he is enjoying being in Minnesota.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#141 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:37:55 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Favre use to do these blocks when he was with the Packers.

No matter how many times people keep saying this, it's still a non-argument. It ignores the obvious fact that Favre was not lined up as a quarterback when he threw this block. He was lined up as a wide receiver and blocked the defender back toward the play, and that makes all the difference.
UserPostedImage
Offline JD  
#142 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 1:59:17 PM(UTC)
JD

"No matter the name"... yes but less than some others have been docked..

Favre fined $10,000 for illegal hit
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 4, 2009 4:16 PM ET
Brett Favre reverie in the national media has been a running joke among fans for years, but it was hard to find anyone this week that defended the 'ol ballplayer a pass for his illegal crackblock block Monday night against Texans safety Eugene Wilson. (Although someone, somewhere surely said it was "just football.")

The NFL has agreed Favre's hit was dirty, announcing Friday they fined Favre $10,000 for the play. The league's message is clear: no one is allowed to take a cheap shot, no matter the name.

Wilson had to leave the game, but reportedly did not suffer any serious injury from the play that Texans tackle Eric Winston called "bush league."

At least Favre can write the fine off as a tax deduction... :D
- J.D.
Offline johnny_blood  
#143 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 2:08:57 PM(UTC)
johnny_blood

This was a bad block. It was below the waist but not really that low, he made contact at the thighs.

I don't think he had malicious intent, I think he was flailing.

He deserves the penalty but not any scorn. Not a huge deal.

Childress using Favre to crackback block after three days of being back in football was idiotic.
blank
Rss Feed