Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:11:55 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany
Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 263
Quote:
[size=18]NFL looking at Favre's block[/size]

By Matt Cherry, CNN

(CNN) -- The National Football League is reviewing a controversial block made by Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre during Monday night's pre-season game with the Houston Texans, the league told CNN Radio on Tuesday.

Favre -- who signed with the Vikings on August 18 after coming out of retirement for the second time in as many years -- committed an illegal "crack-back" block to the knees of Houston defensive back Eugene Wilson in the third quarter of the game. Favre was penalized and Wilson was injured on the play. NFL spokesman Randall Liu could not say when a decision on whether Favre will be fined is expected. However, he said fine information is typically confirmed on Fridays.

"In my mind I don't think there's any issue that he will receive some sort of a fine," said attorney Bill Moran, a partner at the New York law firm of McCarter & English. Moran recently advised the New York Giants in connection with a highly publicized shooting incident involving wide receiver Plaxico Burress.

Although he believes a fine is unavoidable, attorney Moran said Favre may be able to influence how severe the penalty is.

"If he is able to demonstrate to the commissioner that he is remorseful and that it won't happen again, I think that will weigh somewhat in the amount of the fine," said Moran. After the game, Favre insisted he wasn't trying to hurt Wilson on the play. "I hope he's OK," the three-time MVP said. "Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap."

The flap over the "crack-back" block comes at a time when Favre may not be in 100 percent physical condition. He cited his initial reluctance at coming out of retirement to a partially torn rotator cuff. Favre also told ESPN prior to Monday night's game that he might have a cracked rib.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/01/favre.block/index.html#ixzz0PywYKxGQ
Offline Pack93z  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:20:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 429
Applause Received: 1,186
" said: Go to Quoted Post
. "I hope he's OK," the three-time MVP said. "Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap."


For as much as I like the guy in totality of his career.. Favre that is.. I have a hard time believing anything that comes out of his mouth these days.. his double talk on issues in the past couple years has built that distrust from me personally.

Anyway.. Formo and Dakota.. ready for a room yet? :lol:

On Allen.. he went low a number of times last year.. I think it is in his nature to get there anyway he can.. even if it takes someone out.. some call that dirty, other motivated... the answer is probably someplace in between.

But don't be surprised if someone doesn't pay his ass back someday..

Carter.. of course Carter pushed off.. but he got away with it.. much to my displeasure.. him and the no good dirty {Insert vile name here} Micheal Irvin. But this is exactly why I give no wiggle room when the Viking fans complain about Pearson's catch.. none.
Offline wils0646  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:44:55 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 12/15/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
. "I hope he's OK," the three-time MVP said. "Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap."


For as much as I like the guy in totality of his career.. Favre that is.. I have a hard time believing anything that comes out of his mouth these days.. his double talk on issues in the past couple years has built that distrust from me personally.

Anyway.. Formo and Dakota.. ready for a room yet? :lol:

On Allen.. he went low a number of times last year.. I think it is in his nature to get there anyway he can.. even if it takes someone out.. some call that dirty, other motivated... the answer is probably someplace in between.

But don't be surprised if someone doesn't pay his ass back someday..

Carter.. of course Carter pushed off.. but he got away with it.. much to my displeasure.. him and the no good dirty {Insert vile name here} Micheal Irvin. But this is exactly why I give no wiggle room when the Viking fans complain about Pearson's catch.. none.


Did you notice the full quote?

Quote:
Percy was running my way, Favre said. Believe me, I hope hes OK. I hope it didnt look as bad on film as it may have seemed but my intentions, believe me, were not to hurt anyone, including myself. Percy was running my way, I was out there, theres going to be those people who say you should have done nothing. Get out of the way. But I think had I not blocked anyone and just got out of the way and Percy gets hit and gets hurt, I think that looks worse. But once again I hope hes OK. Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap. Ill be 40 years old in October and was weeding 13 days ago. I wasnt thinking about throwing blocks.


This is what Kevin Siefert had to say about that:

Quote:
I suppose this is part of the package you get with Favre. He's going to lead a textbook two-minute drill, as he did at the end of the first half Monday night. He's going to expertly find an outlet receiver against a blitz, helping his team to a 28-yard touchdown play. And then he's going to bust his chest out for a moment, draw a silly penalty and then deftly attribute it to locker room camaraderie.


Favre said no bad intentions...but he had to do it because one of his own could get hurt on a regular tackle? Did Favre realize what he was doing could end a career?
Offline DakotaT  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:00:09 PM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 928
Applause Received: 1,893
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Anyway.. Formo and Dakota.. ready for a room yet? :lol:



No, but he's about to join Dhazer at the bottom of the revine for our Badlands mule deer hunt. Did I tell you we have a lot of mountain lions out here lately?


I like how you two crotchy old men (dfoster) attempt to be peacemakers on one hand and feed the fire with the other. No wonder the younger generations are confused. Until tomorrow boys...
Offline mi_keys  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:27:08 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 295
Applause Received: 504
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
But don't be surprised if someone doesn't pay his ass back someday..


[youtube]oB8wZWkeztk[/youtube]
Offline LambeauEast  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:36:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/19/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20
Quote:
Percy was running my way, Favre said. Believe me, I hope hes OK. I hope it didnt look as bad on film as it may have seemed but my intentions, believe me, were not to hurt anyone, including myself. Percy was running my way, I was out there, theres going to be those people who say you should have done nothing. Get out of the way. But I think had I not blocked anyone and just got out of the way and Percy gets hit and gets hurt, I think that looks worse. But once again I hope hes OK. Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap. Ill be 40 years old in October and was weeding 13 days ago. I wasnt thinking about throwing blocks.


This is why Favre is a joke! The part I bolded really stuck out to me...no, douche, I don't think anyone would not want you to throw a block on a Wildcat play coming your way, we've all seen you throw blocks for many years, so it's definitely not your first rodeo.

But in his warped little mind, him possibly ending someone's career wouldn't look as bad as his team mate getting tackled legally?!?! Hmmmm, I say...HMMMMM! Poor lil Brett, only thirteen days ago he was weeding on his farm, and now he's got to block people...awwwww! A JOKE I tell ya...a lame ass fucking JOKE! Him becoming a Queen is going to be the best thing that ever happened to the Packers!
Offline Cheesey  
#57 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:52:09 AM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 612
Applause Received: 741
On the point of "pushing off".....Randy Moss is the KING of that. He did it almost every play when he was a Viking. Got away with it 99% of the time, too.
Offline dfosterf  
#58 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:51:49 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 228
Applause Received: 478
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Anyway.. Formo and Dakota.. ready for a room yet? :lol:



No, but he's about to join Dhazer at the bottom of the revine for our Badlands mule deer hunt. Did I tell you we have a lot of mountain lions out here lately?


I like how you two crotchy old men (dfoster) attempt to be peacemakers on one hand and feed the fire with the other. No wonder the younger generations are confused. Until tomorrow boys...


This was discussed in another thread (the rumor one about Smith).

For some clarification to some of our newer members, this is what I said in that thread, and of course I speak for myself, other staff can put their perspective in if they so choose.

Quote:
We are quite liberal in the moderation of this forum. We do not utilize a word filter, or rarely censor profanity if it is felt that the author is using it in an artistic and or illustrative way. Sometimes we do not censor commentary that is personal in nature, if we feel that the parties involved know each other well enough to work it out, etc.

This can confuse folks, but is a price we pay to keep the forum full of personality.

All that being said, kindly cease any further personal attacks against one another on this thread...shoe fits wear it, etc. Everybody got their shot in, for those keeping score.


...which brings us back to this thread. Notice what DID NOT happen here. No one told anyone to cease and desist. No one edited. No one moved the thread. We happen to know that you two "know" one another, and watched (and read) you two with your "Festivus" (The airing of the grievances) exchange.

This always creates confusion for other members that do not know one another (or we don't know if they know--see how confusing? lol)

Long story short, BOTH of you snotnoses can below us. (That is meant in humor.)

...which is a nice way to say that the personal shit is done between you two, right? (You pushed pretty hard in this one Jeremy/Formo)
Offline DakotaT  
#59 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:31:55 PM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 928
Applause Received: 1,893
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Anyway.. Formo and Dakota.. ready for a room yet? :lol:



No, but he's about to join Dhazer at the bottom of the revine for our Badlands mule deer hunt. Did I tell you we have a lot of mountain lions out here lately?


I like how you two crotchy old men (dfoster) attempt to be peacemakers on one hand and feed the fire with the other. No wonder the younger generations are confused. Until tomorrow boys...


This was discussed in another thread (the rumor one about Smith).

For some clarification to some of our newer members, this is what I said in that thread, and of course I speak for myself, other staff can put their perspective in if they so choose.

Quote:
We are quite liberal in the moderation of this forum. We do not utilize a word filter, or rarely censor profanity if it is felt that the author is using it in an artistic and or illustrative way. Sometimes we do not censor commentary that is personal in nature, if we feel that the parties involved know each other well enough to work it out, etc.

This can confuse folks, but is a price we pay to keep the forum full of personality.

All that being said, kindly cease any further personal attacks against one another on this thread...shoe fits wear it, etc. Everybody got their shot in, for those keeping score.


...which brings us back to this thread. Notice what DID NOT happen here. No one told anyone to cease and desist. No one edited. No one moved the thread. We happen to know that you two "know" one another, and watched (and read) you two with your "Festivus" (The airing of the grievances) exchange.

This always creates confusion for other members that do not know one another (or we don't know if they know--see how confusing? lol)

Long story short, BOTH of you snotnoses can below us. (That is meant in humor.)

...which is a nice way to say that the personal shit is done between you two, right? (You pushed pretty hard in this one Jeremy/Formo)



I'll say some prayers tonight for the forum because when you use my dumb ass as an example of protocal, we are all doomed.

93 will regrow the leg before I ever below you! :icon_smile:
Offline Stevetarded  
#60 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:57:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63
lol @ Favre thinking it looks worse to let a guy get tackled normally like players do on every single play than it does to dive at a guys knees who isn't looking.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
10 Pages«<45678>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Smokey (17h): Pecan Waffles !
gbguy20 (20h): i like waffles
Mucky Tundra (22h): mmm Waffles
IronMan (30-Apr): seriously. Waffle House
IronMan (30-Apr): Waffle House!
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): In unrelated news, a six figure sum was wired to Dr James Andrews bank account in the Cayman Islands
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
wpr (29-Apr): 64321 is still available
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): thanks wpr, now i have to change it :(
wpr (29-Apr): Right. Mucky is 12346. Big difference.
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): because i'm smarter than he is ;)
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): 12345 didn't fare well for Tunsil, what makes you think it will for you?
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): I don't want to reset my password
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): First round is over. Reset your passwords.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Thompson on Clark: We thought he was the best player available.
IronMan (28-Apr): Brady won his appeal. no suspension.
Yerko (28-Apr): Happy Draft Day everyone!
Pack93z (28-Apr): Buckeye players that is... speaking of that, anyone see Buckeye around?
Pack93z (28-Apr): You certainly can have enough Buckeyes.... and 1 is probably too many. lol.
Zero2Cool (27-Apr): draft chat party tomorrow boys/girls welcome come all
wpr (27-Apr): Hawk is a FA
IronMan (27-Apr): AJ Hawk is still in the NFL?
FLORIDA PACKER88 (27-Apr): You can Never have Enough Buckeyes! Lets sign Lil animal Laurinitis and Hawk and put em both in the middle! ;)
wpr (26-Apr): 48 hrs until Christmas!
Zero2Cool (26-Apr): We have one too many Buckeye on the team already!!
Porforis (26-Apr): AJ Hawk released. Lol if the packers picked him up, would make for some spirited debate
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Tom Brady re-suspended for four games. Boring.
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): and next year it'll take 24 seconds to do 2017 ;-)
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): 2016 NFL Pick'em schedule ... done!
IronMan (25-Apr): ball for 14 seconds and doesn't even get a shot off. lol
IronMan (25-Apr): So the Hawks call a TO with 15 seconds left, the coach scribbles some play down on the board. They inbound it to Teague and he holds the bal
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Scores for every season matchup dating back to 2012 ... done!
wpr (23-Apr): Smokey I posted something a day or so ago that it is 10 + mil
Smokey (23-Apr): How much CAP money is left in the Packers acct. ?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr): ;-) until tomorrow folks
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Current Headlines

2016 Opponents
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade


Tweeter