Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:10:48 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

3. He took some pretty wicked shots - they need to work on protecting him, because it's pretty clear that opposing defenses are looking to be the guys who put him on the shelf. Max protect, whatever it takes - he's going to get beat all to hell out there. .

This is the single biggest concern I have for Brett's health.. his legs aren't under him yet (imagine that, skipping camp and all) and they are going to have protection break downs.

I hate to say it, but I think his "ironman" streak ends this season.. either that or the Vikings as a team will suffer for it..

On a side note.. Minnesota papers are saying TJ is the odd man out at QB for the Vikes.. "schism" or not.. the Vikes are punting on the subject. ;)

Agreed. Part of conditioning is getting your body in shape to handle the day-to-day abuse that comes with playing football. It's not just getting your arm in shape or whatever, it's getting your overall conditioning level up to a point where the bumps and bruises aren't so bad as they'd normally be. He's had NONE of that this year, and that kickass O line isn't keeping him very clean thus far. He could easily end up hurt, and then what do they do? If I'm TJack I'd tell 'em to go spit if they asked me to step in.
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:42:57 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Did anyone else hear the cut by Chris Carter at halftime about the miss to Harvin in the endzone?

Those high school WR down in Mississippi must be faster than Harvin.

Cracked me up at the time.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:10:58 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 345

Pretty much the same feeling everyone else has, he was good and efficient. Someone mentioned the deep throw that was praised as giving his receiver a chance to make a play and reading the coverage right. Man that pissed me off. Safety help was there and if that ball hangs a split second longer it's picked off and Favre would have been blasted for throwing one up. God I hate announcers. Anyway, I think they're very beatable for us this year.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Formo  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:40:43 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Considering this offense has only been together for what? 13 days.. Favre was more than adequate. Should of had that TD to Percy, but like the announcers said.. Percy is a rookie, and he looked it (caught a ball just short of the first down, didn't have the 'go get the ball' mentality on that end zone ball, etc).

I'm not worried about Favre getting better with this offense. I'm more worried about HBs missing their blocks on all out blitzes. The one sack that Favre had, AP made wrong reads and went to the outside to help the T block and left the inside blitzer go untouched. Hopefully he gets that cleared up.

Not every team is going to blitz the Vikings that much during the season, either. So, as far as I'm concerned.. They just need to continue working on their chemistry.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline 4PackGirl  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 2:01:53 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 151
Applause Received: 123

this week = better than last week.
UserPostedImage
Offline vegOmatic  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 2:17:08 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

The people "who know what they're doing" say Brett looked good Monday night. Seems I would have to agree with that.

However, it's my observation Favre was fired up, motivated, and sharp. He'll go far if he can stay at that level all season. I think the pundits need to consider Favre getting tired, banged up, and having an attitude when he doesn't want to spend the time watching film and preparing for each game.

I understand now why Favre was peeved we didn't get Randy Moss. They both only play when they feel like it. :p
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:38:08 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

It remains beyond me why Jackson is the odd man out this preseason. Of all the QBs on that roster, he has easily looked by far the sharpest. The Vikings organization has gotten myopic to the point where they HAVE to win this season or there will be a fan revolt.

At least, I hope for the sake of their own self-respect, Viking fans aren't apathetic about losing as fans of some other teams are.
UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:28:01 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

It remains beyond me why Jackson is the odd man out this preseason. Of all the QBs on that roster, he has easily looked by far the sharpest. The Vikings organization has gotten myopic to the point where they HAVE to win this season or there will be a fan revolt.

At least, I hope for the sake of their own self-respect, Viking fans aren't apathetic about losing as fans of some other teams are.

Agreed. If it's all about putting the best 52 players together, Jackson sure as hell should not be the odd man out. But they sure look like they're just going to chuck him to the curb.

I hope he returns to Minnesota soon with another team and runs them out of their shitty stadium.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:52:45 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,047

2. He went down like a rag doll if an opposing player so much as tapped him. I really hope that's an attempt not to get hurt, though his low shot on that safety would suggest he's not too worried about that. All I know is that he never went down that easy w/ the Pack (Strahan's record aside).

Quote:
"If I could convince a white guy from Mississippi to take a dive for me, then I'm the most powerful black man in the history of the country," Strahan told Stern.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 1:11:36 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

The Vikings organization has gotten myopic to the point where they HAVE to win this season or there will be a fan revolt.

And as we all know......Vikings fans are REVOLTING enough already!!! :thumbright: LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed