Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online buckeyepackfan  
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:34:01 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 509
Applause Received: 581
IT'S ALL MIKE SHERMANS FAULT!!!!!!

There we haven't heard that argument for awhile!!!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:01:54 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,113
Applause Received: 2,727
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up Razz


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.
Offline dhazer  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:11:59 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 68
Applause Received: 249
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up Razz


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.





Wow i guess i was just dreaming the Favre was traded to the Jets last year . Thanks for clearing that up Zero i now know it was a bad dream Razz This Favre in purple must be a dream also because Favre is retired whewwww
Offline Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:17:41 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,113
Applause Received: 2,727
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Wow i guess i was just dreaming the Favre was traded to the Jets last year . Thanks for clearing that up Zero i now know it was a bad dream Razz This Favre in purple must be a dream also because Favre is retired whewwww


You said he was dumped. Then said he was traded. Wrong. He retired. Then unretired after the Packers had already moved on. Went through training camp, etc ... Brett even said himself I KNOW THEY HAVE TO GO WITH AARON, HES BEEN THERE THE WHOLE OFF SEASON. His gripe was, he wanted go CHOSE which team he went to. Understandable, but unreasonable. What the hell is so hard to understand about this? have you not listened to him? have you not read his interviews? do you not comprehend fucking English? or English? or mother trucking English? ANY!?!

March 08, nothing left give, i retire.
July 08, im back
Feb? 09, im done, thanks jets been great, but im done
July 09, cant do it, can't make it through a season, body wont let me
Aug 09, im back for the LOVE OF THE GAME!!! but i didnt love the game when i was with the Jets ... interesting huh ...AWE SHUCKS!!


Stop being a smartass and throw your bias out the window for 2 seconds and you'd learn something.
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:42:33 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Stop being a smartass and throw your bias out the window for 2 seconds and you'd learn something.



This, as you know, will never happen.
Offline LambeauEast  
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:05:08 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/19/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20
::singing:: "I'm a prom night dumpster baby..." ::swinging my umbilical cord around as I do::
Offline Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:15:34 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 406
Applause Received: 572
Poor Hazer cuts out ALL the stuff that happened that doesn't fit his "view" of it.
He sees Brett retiring, unretiring, retiring again, then getting traded as "BRETT WAS DUMPED! TRADED TO THE JETS JUST OUT OF THE BLUE!"

Don't expect his view to ever change.
If you asked him, he's probably say the Jets "dumped" Favre, and the Vikings saved his life. LOL!
Offline Formo  
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:00:59 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Poor Hazer cuts out ALL the stuff that happened that doesn't fit his "view" of it.
He sees Brett retiring, unretiring, retiring again, then getting traded as "BRETT WAS DUMPED! TRADED TO THE JETS JUST OUT OF THE BLUE!"

Don't expect his view to ever change.
If you asked him, he's probably say the Jets "dumped" Favre, and the Vikings saved his life. LOL!


But if you look at what you wrote again.. It's kinda what happened. lol

He put his slant on it, but it's still accurate when you boil it all down. Regardless on how you look at being traded, you can also look at it as being dumped (and considering there were rumors all over the place that Favre was going to TB.. You bet your ass it feels like he was 'dumped' in NYC).

It looks to me as if you guys are arguing toMAYto/toMAHto. Pointless.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:02:15 PM(UTC)

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany
Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263
If I trade my wife in for a newer model, I'm not dumping her. I'm giving her an opportunity to obtain greater happiness in a fresh relationship. :downtown:
Offline Formo  
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:11:32 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Rodgers > 40 year old Brett Favre

I think the right decision was made. It's interesting to see the Vikings reporters writing about Favre like this much like the Jets reports did. Hopefully Minnesota reporters don't blame him if the team doesn't win the Super Bowl, but you know they will.


Ohh.. You know they will. Outside of a few guys (of which moved on to national media outlets) I really dislike the Twin Cities sports writers, for the most part.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think Favre was that amazing Monday night. He did some nice things, but he really checked down and let everyone else do the work. I want to see Favre late in the year make the big throw to win the game. That's what he needs to do. Three of the last four years suggest he can't.


That's the thing.. Minnesota has been looking for a QB to do exactly what you said Favre did (checked down, let the rest of the team do the work, etc). Ideally, that's what they want. By not showing their deep ball often, teams don't gameplan for said deep balls as much. Look.. Bernard Berrian lead the league (or was in the top 10) last year in yards per catch average. If Gus Frerotte can make those deep, big throws.. I'm pretty sure Favre can.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:18:14 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up Razz


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.


Except their passing D is highly susceptible. Teams fall behind and they can get right back in it if they have a good air attack that doesn't involve sitting in the pocket for 5 seconds.
Offline Trippster  
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:30:35 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Received: 10
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the author should have mentioned that Childress was probably saying 'uh oh" when Aaron Rodgers was moving the ball down the field with ease on almost every drive of every game so far. Or maybe how Childress was saying "uh oh" when he saw our defense forcing multiple turnovers every game, giving the Packers a +10 turnover margin through the first 3 games.

Good point!
I STILL laugh when i read how the Packers supposedly "dumped" Favre. He retired, unretired, the Packers were gonna let him come back as the starter, he quit again.
How is that "dumping" him?
I wish these so called "reporters" would get that straight. At least SOMETHING factual!


it went back and forth, back and forth. But in the end, the team said no to Favre, thus dumping him.
Offline Trippster  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:32:21 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Received: 10
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up Razz


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.


I ndon't think you can trade a retired player.
Offline Stevetarded  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:51:29 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63
If you hold a press conference and say you don't want to play anymore and are retiring then to your team you = retired (whether you fill out paperwork months later that makes you an eligible player or not).
Offline Cheesey  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:41:48 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 406
Applause Received: 572
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the author should have mentioned that Childress was probably saying 'uh oh" when Aaron Rodgers was moving the ball down the field with ease on almost every drive of every game so far. Or maybe how Childress was saying "uh oh" when he saw our defense forcing multiple turnovers every game, giving the Packers a +10 turnover margin through the first 3 games.

Good point!
I STILL laugh when i read how the Packers supposedly "dumped" Favre. He retired, unretired, the Packers were gonna let him come back as the starter, he quit again.
How is that "dumping" him?
I wish these so called "reporters" would get that straight. At least SOMETHING factual!


it went back and forth, back and forth. But in the end, the team said no to Favre, thus dumping him.

So....when Favre FIRST retired, did he "dump" the Packers?
When he SAID he wanted to come back, then backed out AGAIN, did he "dump" the Packers a second time?
Just want some equality on this. If you say the Packers "dumped" him, he "dumped" them first......AND second.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Today's Birthdays: Grabacr (27)
Zero2Cool (28-Jun) : lol spanks
beast (28-Jun) : Some reports, David Sweat caught and man hunt for them over
beast (28-Jun) : Yay Julie :) ... are birthday spanks an option? :P jk
Zero2Cool (28-Jun) : Today's Birthdays: 4PackGirl (46) aka Julie.
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Someone toasted teh SQL Server we were on, took us down with'em! Jerkz
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Funny thing is, people keep responding to him, playing right into his hands. Why? lol
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Today only, you can create new topic for *FREE* :D
Porforis (22-Jun) : Will football start already? Sick of talking about draft picks and Ted Thompson and how good/not teams are going to be.
Zero2Cool (15-Jun) : Media loves making fools out of people while they twist facts.
gbguy20 (14-Jun) : nvm foundh im
gbguy20 (14-Jun) : smokey is mia
Zero2Cool (12-Jun) : gone!!
Porforis (12-Jun) : Kevin's a big poopyhead and a vikings fan!
Zero2Cool (12-Jun) : sweet, now I can suspend people and provide a reason! :) Volunteers?
Zero2Cool (12-Jun) : doing small update ... cross finnners!
Mucky Tundra (10-Jun) : *Sad Panda*
Zero2Cool (10-Jun) : No, not you.
Zero2Cool (10-Jun) : You?
Mucky Tundra (10-Jun) : I can?!
Zero2Cool (10-Jun) : You can do it!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2015 Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

20h / Announcements / Zero2Cool

29-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

29-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

28-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / FLORIDA PACKER88

28-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

27-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter