Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages«<2
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#76 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:35:30 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

I think this is stupid. Favre WILL melt down. A choker on a team with a long history of choking.

http://msn.foxsports.com...ackers-have-Favre-envy?-

If Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy were watching Brett Favre quarterback the Vikings in Houston on TV Monday night, and it's expected they were, the Green Bay Packers' general manager and coach had to have glanced uneasily at each other and murmured, 'Uh-oh.'
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline longtimefan  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:46:39 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

I can't believe ANYONE with a clear since of common sense can literally think this guy is correct
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:28:50 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

I hope to hell Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy weren't watching Brett favre play Monday night.

In fact I can almost guarantee they weren't.

I hope to hell they are busy getting ready for The Bears, then The Bengals, ten The Rams, after that they can start getting ready for The Vikings.

I'll say it again, some of you are so fixated on Brett Favre, that it is going to be a very long year if The Vikings happen to beat The Packers in one of those games.

There is 16 games to a regular season, division games a little more important than the rest, but it will not be the end of the world if The Packers lose one.

The writer of the article is full a crap if he thinks any of The Packer coaching staff were watching how Brett played. IT IS PRE-SEASON, IT DOESN'T COUNT.
Nobody knows what teams are working on or what they are trying to get tape of during their games.

Bottom line is this, Vikings think Brett Favre gives them the best chance at winning. IMHO I do to. Does this mean they will? Only time will tell.

I am more anxious to see what The Packers do the first 3 weeks of the season, then I will worry whether The Vikings are going to be a threat or not.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline porky88  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:22:41 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

Aaron Rodgers > 40 year old Brett Favre

I think the right decision was made. It's interesting to see the Vikings reporters writing about Favre like this much like the Jets reports did. Hopefully Minnesota reporters don't blame him if the team doesn't win the Super Bowl, but you know they will.

I didn't think Favre was that amazing Monday night. He did some nice things, but he really checked down and let everyone else do the work. I want to see Favre late in the year make the big throw to win the game. That's what he needs to do. Three of the last four years suggest he can't.

At least we get to find out. I'll enjoy watching Minnesota when GB isn't on. They'll be fun to watch and the Green Bay market will get their games.
Offline Cheesey  
#80 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:47:26 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the author should have mentioned that Childress was probably saying 'uh oh" when Aaron Rodgers was moving the ball down the field with ease on almost every drive of every game so far. Or maybe how Childress was saying "uh oh" when he saw our defense forcing multiple turnovers every game, giving the Packers a +10 turnover margin through the first 3 games.

Good point!
I STILL laugh when i read how the Packers supposedly "dumped" Favre. He retired, unretired, the Packers were gonna let him come back as the starter, he quit again.
How is that "dumping" him?
I wish these so called "reporters" would get that straight. At least SOMETHING factual!


Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up :P

Then "dumped" is NOT the right word. He brought whatever "dumping" that happened on himself by his own actions.
He was NOT just cut loose (as the term "dumped" would imply) for no reason. HE caused it all by his first, and then second pulling out, or "retiring".
He "dumped" the Packers TWICE, before they "dumped" him.
How about admitting that FACT, and putting the blame where it SHOULD be?
(I know you won't)
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#81 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:34:01 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

IT'S ALL MIKE SHERMANS FAULT!!!!!!

There we haven't heard that argument for awhile!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#82 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:01:54 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up :P


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#83 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:11:59 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up :P


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.





Wow i guess i was just dreaming the Favre was traded to the Jets last year . Thanks for clearing that up Zero i now know it was a bad dream :P This Favre in purple must be a dream also because Favre is retired whewwww
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#84 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:17:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Wow i guess i was just dreaming the Favre was traded to the Jets last year . Thanks for clearing that up Zero i now know it was a bad dream :P This Favre in purple must be a dream also because Favre is retired whewwww


You said he was dumped. Then said he was traded. Wrong. He retired. Then unretired after the Packers had already moved on. Went through training camp, etc ... Brett even said himself I KNOW THEY HAVE TO GO WITH AARON, HES BEEN THERE THE WHOLE OFF SEASON. His gripe was, he wanted go CHOSE which team he went to. Understandable, but unreasonable. What the hell is so hard to understand about this? have you not listened to him? have you not read his interviews? do you not comprehend fucking English? or English? or mother trucking English? ANY!?!

March 08, nothing left give, i retire.
July 08, im back
Feb? 09, im done, thanks jets been great, but im done
July 09, cant do it, can't make it through a season, body wont let me
Aug 09, im back for the LOVE OF THE GAME!!! but i didnt love the game when i was with the Jets ... interesting huh ...AWE SHUCKS!!


Stop being a smartass and throw your bias out the window for 2 seconds and you'd learn something.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:42:33 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Stop being a smartass and throw your bias out the window for 2 seconds and you'd learn something.



This, as you know, will never happen.
blank
Offline LambeauEast  
#86 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:05:08 PM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/19/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

::singing:: "I'm a prom night dumpster baby..." ::swinging my umbilical cord around as I do::
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#87 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:15:34 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

Poor Hazer cuts out ALL the stuff that happened that doesn't fit his "view" of it.
He sees Brett retiring, unretiring, retiring again, then getting traded as "BRETT WAS DUMPED! TRADED TO THE JETS JUST OUT OF THE BLUE!"

Don't expect his view to ever change.
If you asked him, he's probably say the Jets "dumped" Favre, and the Vikings saved his life. LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#88 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:00:59 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Poor Hazer cuts out ALL the stuff that happened that doesn't fit his "view" of it.
He sees Brett retiring, unretiring, retiring again, then getting traded as "BRETT WAS DUMPED! TRADED TO THE JETS JUST OUT OF THE BLUE!"

Don't expect his view to ever change.
If you asked him, he's probably say the Jets "dumped" Favre, and the Vikings saved his life. LOL!


But if you look at what you wrote again.. It's kinda what happened. lol

He put his slant on it, but it's still accurate when you boil it all down. Regardless on how you look at being traded, you can also look at it as being dumped (and considering there were rumors all over the place that Favre was going to TB.. You bet your ass it feels like he was 'dumped' in NYC).

It looks to me as if you guys are arguing toMAYto/toMAHto. Pointless.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#89 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:02:15 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

If I trade my wife in for a newer model, I'm not dumping her. I'm giving her an opportunity to obtain greater happiness in a fresh relationship. :downtown:
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#90 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:11:32 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Rodgers > 40 year old Brett Favre

I think the right decision was made. It's interesting to see the Vikings reporters writing about Favre like this much like the Jets reports did. Hopefully Minnesota reporters don't blame him if the team doesn't win the Super Bowl, but you know they will.


Ohh.. You know they will. Outside of a few guys (of which moved on to national media outlets) I really dislike the Twin Cities sports writers, for the most part.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think Favre was that amazing Monday night. He did some nice things, but he really checked down and let everyone else do the work. I want to see Favre late in the year make the big throw to win the game. That's what he needs to do. Three of the last four years suggest he can't.


That's the thing.. Minnesota has been looking for a QB to do exactly what you said Favre did (checked down, let the rest of the team do the work, etc). Ideally, that's what they want. By not showing their deep ball often, teams don't gameplan for said deep balls as much. Look.. Bernard Berrian lead the league (or was in the top 10) last year in yards per catch average. If Gus Frerotte can make those deep, big throws.. I'm pretty sure Favre can.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline MassPackersFan  
#91 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:18:14 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up :P


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.


Except their passing D is highly susceptible. Teams fall behind and they can get right back in it if they have a good air attack that doesn't involve sitting in the pocket for 5 seconds.
UserPostedImage
Offline Trippster  
#92 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:30:35 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the author should have mentioned that Childress was probably saying 'uh oh" when Aaron Rodgers was moving the ball down the field with ease on almost every drive of every game so far. Or maybe how Childress was saying "uh oh" when he saw our defense forcing multiple turnovers every game, giving the Packers a +10 turnover margin through the first 3 games.

Good point!
I STILL laugh when i read how the Packers supposedly "dumped" Favre. He retired, unretired, the Packers were gonna let him come back as the starter, he quit again.
How is that "dumping" him?
I wish these so called "reporters" would get that straight. At least SOMETHING factual!


it went back and forth, back and forth. But in the end, the team said no to Favre, thus dumping him.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline Trippster  
#93 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:32:21 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Last time i checked he got dumped, he did come back to the Packers and they traded him and those are the facts look it up :P


Check again, he RETIRED. A wall absorbs facts about Brett more efficiently than yourself at times.

We've had this non-debatable argument a bazillion times. Facts are facts and Favre nut-sack ticklers refuse to comprehend them.


The Packers have no reason to be saying 'uh-oh' about Brett. They sure as hell better be saying 'uh-oh' to Adrian Peterson. Let Brett dink and dunk all day. Any average QB can do that. If the Vikings get a lead on a team, they will most likely win because they can run the clock out and dink an dunk it to death.

If the Vikings need to come back, they will be screwed more times than not because their offense is not built for quick strikes, unless Adrian busts one of course.

I'm not scared and I know our coach and GM were not scared with watching Favre playing. I say 'know' because they are professionals, not over reacting writers who need to eat bleach an suffer the consequences.


I ndon't think you can trade a retired player.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline Stevetarded  
#94 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:51:29 PM(UTC)
Stevetarded

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63

If you hold a press conference and say you don't want to play anymore and are retiring then to your team you = retired (whether you fill out paperwork months later that makes you an eligible player or not).
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#95 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:41:48 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the author should have mentioned that Childress was probably saying 'uh oh" when Aaron Rodgers was moving the ball down the field with ease on almost every drive of every game so far. Or maybe how Childress was saying "uh oh" when he saw our defense forcing multiple turnovers every game, giving the Packers a +10 turnover margin through the first 3 games.

Good point!
I STILL laugh when i read how the Packers supposedly "dumped" Favre. He retired, unretired, the Packers were gonna let him come back as the starter, he quit again.
How is that "dumping" him?
I wish these so called "reporters" would get that straight. At least SOMETHING factual!


it went back and forth, back and forth. But in the end, the team said no to Favre, thus dumping him.

So....when Favre FIRST retired, did he "dump" the Packers?
When he SAID he wanted to come back, then backed out AGAIN, did he "dump" the Packers a second time?
Just want some equality on this. If you say the Packers "dumped" him, he "dumped" them first......AND second.
UserPostedImage
Offline Silentio  
#96 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 11:22:34 AM(UTC)
Silentio

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/23/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 36

I'm pretty sure Thompson/McCarthy have been too busy looking at the following stats to care about Favre much. In the first three preseason games, Aaron Rodgers:

27/38 Completions
458 Yards
71.1 Completion %
12.05 Yards/Attempt
6 TDs
0 Int
0 Sacks
76t Long
151.1 Rating!

"Uh oh," my ass.

Source: http://www.packers.com/t.../stats/2009/2009pre3.pdf
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#97 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 2:04:43 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

Seriously....he's the VIKINGS problem now.
I really don't care if he retires in week 2, and comes back in week 3.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#98 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 4:26:54 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Favre will melt down. Both Favre and the Queens have a long history of choking in the playoffs.
What scares me is what happens next year when they fire Chilly. Could you imagine Cowher with that team?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline LambeauEast  
#99 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 5:14:19 PM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/19/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Favre will melt down. Both Favre and the Queens have a long history of choking in the playoffs.
What scares me is what happens next year when they fire Chilly. Could you imagine Cowher with that team?


Now then there might be a tad bit of "uh oh" involved. No worries with Chilly though.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages«<2
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr