Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhpackr  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:18:25 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

no
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline MassPackersFan  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:54:10 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

At least he's got every excuse to play poorly this year loaded into his clip.
UserPostedImage
Offline Trippster  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:16:44 AM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

Wow, I can't believe the cinicism going on here.

It is a legitimate question posed to Favre considering his age. It is a legitimate article places in a legitimate thread on this forum.

A couple of interesting points in one of the articles. Favre addressed the situation in NY. Said he, Mangini, and the GM decided to continue playing and that he was open to being sat down last year as he is this year.

Two, he never said he was "Worried". that is words put in his mouth by the poster of this thread. He said he didn't know. He said he didn't know the first year he was ever in the league.

For those that "suck up to him" there are certianly an even amount that are eager to chime in at any point just to shove the negativity down his and everyone else's throat.

Do all of you know that you will live through the day? no one can say for sure. Therefore, by this threads comments, you must be "worried" about it. so should your significant others rue the fact that you are with them?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:32:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,835
Applause Received: 1,991

I think and this is just my opinion, that the whole comment about 'i didnt know if id make it through my first year' is a wash. It's stating the obvious. Personally, I think it was a dumb question to ask. No one knows the future.

If Brett was not confident he could make it all 16 games, he wouldn't come back. If he was unsure to the point of reasonable doubt, it would be inconsiderate for him to play.

I don't believe that to be true. Have I lost some respect for Brett, the man? Yes, because of his contradictions. With that said, Brett states his mind, how it is at that current time of the question. Which is also something I admire about him.

Fact is, Brett sells, Brett gets page views, Brett gets our attention, therefore Brett gets questioned up the ass about the stupidest shit for any half ass writer to twist it around into a damn story.

Face it, Brett is still playing, for the Packers rival and is nearly 40 years old. Get over it, get past it. And I really REALLY wish the "journalists" would stop taking the easy way out and STOP using Brett to help give them a story. In my opinion, they are taking advantage of Brett and his openness.

No, Brett is not innocent in all of this. Not at all. But understand Brett is just answering questions that are being asked of him. Surely if you had people asking you hundreds of questions all of the time, eventually you'd say things that did not shine a positive light on you as well.

Packers have a bright future with Rodgers.
Vikings have Brett in the twilight of his career.

Let's move forward. Bears. Packers. Sept 13th. BE THERE!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline LambeauEast  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:04:46 PM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Man, the first page of this thread fills up my entire computer screen! My finger hurts from having to scroll side to side...an act that it's not used to doing. I'm more of a vertical movement kinda guy.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:28:57 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I prefer to be oriented horizontally when I make my vertical movements. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline zrated  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:59:36 PM(UTC)
zrated

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
At least he's got every excuse to play poorly this year loaded into his clip.

That's what I was thinking. He is just getting his excuses ready. First the ribs, now he might not play the entire season. He has given some excuses for last year like saying he never really felt like a Jet, etc.
blank
Offline Formo  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:07:18 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think and this is just my opinion, that the whole comment about 'i didnt know if id make it through my first year' is a wash. It's stating the obvious. Personally, I think it was a dumb question to ask. No one knows the future.

If Brett was not confident he could make it all 16 games, he wouldn't come back. If he was unsure to the point of reasonable doubt, it would be inconsiderate for him to play.

I don't believe that to be true. Have I lost some respect for Brett, the man? Yes, because of his contradictions. With that said, Brett states his mind, how it is at that current time of the question. Which is also something I admire about him.

Fact is, Brett sells, Brett gets page views, Brett gets our attention, therefore Brett gets questioned up the ass about the stupidest shit for any half ass writer to twist it around into a damn story.

Face it, Brett is still playing, for the Packers rival and is nearly 40 years old. Get over it, get past it. And I really REALLY wish the "journalists" would stop taking the easy way out and STOP using Brett to help give them a story. In my opinion, they are taking advantage of Brett and his openness.

No, Brett is not innocent in all of this. Not at all. But understand Brett is just answering questions that are being asked of him. Surely if you had people asking you hundreds of questions all of the time, eventually you'd say things that did not shine a positive light on you as well.

Packers have a bright future with Rodgers.
Vikings have Brett in the twilight of his career.

Let's move forward. Bears. Packers. Sept 13th. BE THERE!

Good post.

Now, go delete/edit that dumb post in the first page with the picture of the fish.

Please? =P
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline vikesrule  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 7:58:58 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Got to laugh at this one.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed