Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:51:16 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

To Formo's point: I would posit that these days there are far more "fans" who gravitate to a single player or who root for whatever team is winning than there are "true" fans of a team. Even in Wisconsin - I can't speak to pre-1992, but I know that from the time I arrived at Madison to the point where I moved up here to the TC, the number of Packers "fans" rose, a LOT. When I got to Madison, they were obsessed with the Badgers first and foremost - when I left, it was all about Favre and the Packers. He was with the team for a long time, and for the majority of that time they were a winning club. I would say this dramatically increased the number of "Favre/frontrunner fans" - then he leaves (in a very messy way) and they miss the playoffs. That's a recipe for the kind of atmosphere we're seeing.

Now, if the Packers do well this season, a good chunk of those more "fair weather" fans will warm up to the new look and will do as the author requests and let go. If they don't, we'll have more folks jumping off the bandwagon, and those "Favre fans" will look less splenetic.

That's just how it seems to work - now that the NFL is such a big thing, those of us who are die-hard fans will just have to get used to bandwagoneering. It's the wave of the future.
blank
Offline NormaL  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 11:05:53 AM(UTC)
NormaL

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I embrace my hatred...I nurture my hatred...I LOVE my hatred! And the whole "poison pill" was not because they didn't want anyone else to have him, (he was traded to the Jets, so that is obviously not true...silly dhazer) it was because they knew LAST season he wanted to be a Queen, and they were right!

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?! He did, but oddly enough it WASN'T the Queens, Bears or Lions...therefor making that argument null and void in my opinion.

Thank you, and good day!
What he said :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?

Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Offline nyrpack  
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:30:36 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 63

5 years after he finally retires , brett will be a packer again forever in canton, ohio !!
jimmy b.
Offline rabidgopher04  
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 5:23:31 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 114
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
5 years after he finally retires , brett will be a packer again forever in canton, ohio !!

I hope not. He can stay with the Vikings.
Do you like bacon?
Rss Feed