Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mi_keys  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 225
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
There are, of course, thousands of Packers fans in the Twin Cities. I've probably run into or heard from, oh, all of them. Not one can let go of the Favre thing. They are obsessed with his decisions to retire and then not to retire.

What irks me about this opinion piece is not that it's inflammatory (opinion pieces often are) but that it's irrational, which a trained journalist should not be. Leaving aside the obvious hyperbole in the statement quoted above, it's still irrational. He's "run into or heard from" every one of the thousands of Packers fans in his area? "Not one can let go" of the fact Favre no longer plays for the Packers? Really? Even without regard to the fact that he fails utterly to differentiate between Packers fans and Favre fans, his argument completely ignores the obvious fact that only those Packers/Favre fans who actually care about this situation would bother to contact him. People like me, who couldn't care less, would not take the time to write him, and therefore would not be represented. His sample is therefore not only not representative, it's entirely biased.

+1

I'm looking forward to seeing just how desperate their articles will become if the Vikings start to falter this year and the Favre saga blows up in their face.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:15:30 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

I just laughed!
A guy that wants people to stop talking about Favre, talks about Favre.

There are good and bad fans of ALL teams. Thats fact.
To make a big deal out of it.........i guess he had nothing to write about, so he used "old faithful" to make up a column.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:23:12 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Favre will always hold a place in Packer fans hearts.. and uttering his name is sure to bring an emotion of some sort to a majority of the Packer fan base.

Unless you view it as how modern day sports works with players moving around like nomads, you will be left hanging on in either grief or anger.

They parted ways.. it is done and moving forward.

Put I think it is in error to push someone to move past it that isn't ready.. people handle things differently.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:31:22 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Thats true Pack93z!
Everyone deals with it their own way.
Some choose to follow Favre everywhere he goes, and they have a right to do so.
Heck, i still care alot about the guy. I hope he doesn't get hurt. Thats my main "concern" for him. I do NOT want him to do well for the Vikings, because I'm not a fan of the Vikings. Is that spewing venom? I don't think so, but that writer might see it that way.
I want the Packers to "spank" the Vikings both games this year. But i also hope NO player on EITHER team gets hurt.
My wife is one that follows Favre. She has never been a football fan, and only watched with me to see what Favre would do. So i don't say anything bad about him, or she gets mad at me!!!LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:11:46 PM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

meh.

*yawn*

who?
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

Offline Formo  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:27:01 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

So i don't say anything bad about him, or she gets mad at me!!!LOLOL!!!

Now that is funny. lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline LambeauEast  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:57:31 PM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

I embrace my hatred...I nurture my hatred...I LOVE my hatred! And the whole "poison pill" was not because they didn't want anyone else to have him, (he was traded to the Jets, so that is obviously not true...silly dhazer) it was because they knew LAST season he wanted to be a Queen, and they were right!

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?! He did, but oddly enough it WASN'T the Queens, Bears or Lions...therefor making that argument null and void in my opinion.

Thank you, and good day!
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:24:31 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?!

As a matter of fact, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason but went 0-16 in the regular season.
UserPostedImage
Offline LambeauEast  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:37:39 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Oh, and can I please hear the "Lombardi left to coach the Redskins" argument again?!

As a matter of fact, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason but went 0-16 in the regular season.

+1 to you, Non...you don't miss a thing!
UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 1:05:23 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

There are, of course, thousands of Packers fans in the Twin Cities. I've probably run into or heard from, oh, all of them. Not one can let go of the Favre thing. They are obsessed with his decisions to retire and then not to retire.

What irks me about this opinion piece is not that it's inflammatory (opinion pieces often are) but that it's irrational, which a trained journalist should not be. Leaving aside the obvious hyperbole in the statement quoted above, it's still irrational. He's "run into or heard from" every one of the thousands of Packers fans in his area? "Not one can let go" of the fact Favre no longer plays for the Packers? Really? Even without regard to the fact that he fails utterly to differentiate between Packers fans and Favre fans, his argument completely ignores the obvious fact that only those Packers/Favre fans who actually care about this situation would bother to contact him. People like me, who couldn't care less, would not take the time to write him, and therefore would not be represented. His sample is therefore not only not representative, it's entirely biased.

Thank you. I can assure you he's not ever run into me. He'd remember that.
blank
Rss Feed