You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:39:42 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

To get the Vikings a win. Hand off to Peterson, and don't screw up.
As long as Peterson stays healthy, they have a chance at a big season.
Favre was i believe 14-21, 110 yards.
Buth thats all he had to do.
Watching him though, he doesn't have the ability to escape hits. Many times he just fell down to try to avoid a hit. So if anyone can get pressure on him, he'll fold like a card table.
I think the way to beat the Vikings is to get a lead quickly, and force Favre to throw.
Of course it WAS the Browns they were playing.....not exactly a great team. The Vikings got handed a "freebie" today.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:43:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Favre played well. Safe and well. That's all the Vikings need him to do in order to be dangerous.

I said in the chat he'd go for essentially the stats he did. I was thinking a few more throws for a couple dozen more yards with 1 TD an 0 INT. :) I was close in my guess.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline longtimefan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:46:57 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

of course when the packers looked good in pre-season vs the browns it was because its just the browns..

watch and see how the Vikings are headed to the SB by the Viking koolaid drinkers
Offline Dulak  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:57:20 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Was an interesting game ...

here is my take on Brett:

- He felt nervous about throwing down field (and possibly throwing a int); or just making bad throws

- I agree with what cheesey said about not able to scramble that well

- I do feel he brings a HUGE presence to the field and to the team and people respect him for what he does/did and he shows respect to others for what they do.
(ie I liked how he congradulated percey)

- he still had nice play fakes

- he still needs to learn the plays and the people he is throwing too but this will come in time I believe.

Overall I think MN paid more for a image of a great man - and to me thats fine brett loves football and I wish him the best there (maybe not so much when we play them thou ;)
Offline longtimefan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:03:45 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

Brett still can make the throws that he has been able to..

But in preseason and today I seen him be a tad slower..I am afraid that being a little slower might make him get hit more this year
Offline zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 4:18:09 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
To get the Vikings a win. Hand off to Peterson, and don't screw up.
As long as Peterson stays healthy, they have a chance at a big season.
Favre was i believe 14-21, 110 yards.
Buth thats all he had to do.
Watching him though, he doesn't have the ability to escape hits. Many times he just fell down to try to avoid a hit. So if anyone can get pressure on him, he'll fold like a card table.
I think the way to beat the Vikings is to get a lead quickly, and force Favre to throw.
Of course it WAS the Browns they were playing.....not exactly a great team. The Vikings got handed a "freebie" today.

Excellent analysis. If I were MM, I'd put 8 men in the box all game when we play them and force Favre to beat us. If it comes down to Aaron vs Brett, I'd put my money on Brett. The other bummer for the Vikings is their FBs and TEs didn't impress me at all when it came to being receivers. You know Brett loves both.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline civic  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:18:49 PM(UTC)
civic

Sorry fellas but the number 4 I saw out there was Trent Dilfer, not Brett Farve. He was a game manager tasked with not making any mistakes and not expected to make any plays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Farve hater. I love the guy.

Right now he gats a lot of respect on the field but some DC is going to dare him to beat his team and he won't be able to. There is nothing Farve hasn't seen but as the season goes on he won't have the physical tools to take advantage.
blank
Offline MassPackersFan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:58:13 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Received: 4

The only reason Minnesota ran away with that game in the 2nd half against the godawful Browns was that Peterson decided he wasn't going to lose.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:07:41 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Sorry fellas but the number 4 I saw out there was Trent Dilfer, not Brett Farve. He was a game manager tasked with not making any mistakes and not expected to make any plays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Farve hater. I love the guy.

Right now he gats a lot of respect on the field but some DC is going to dare him to beat his team and he won't be able to. There is nothing Farve hasn't seen but as the season goes on he won't have the physical tools to take advantage.

He was throwing bullets and completing them.

Where he missed were the few deeper shots (which weren't deep by anyone's standards, but more 20-30 yard passes) where he miscommunicated with the receivers. One should have been intercepted.

The big question is, will this be fixed as the season progresses. He better build some chemistry soon. Now it's showing it was a mistake to miss part of preseason.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:12:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Two throws went farther than 5 yards in the air. (read that in some article)

From watching the game, that sounds about right. And in that case, even with my experience, I can do that. I'd do it with less than a 12 million dollar salary. Well, wait, for the Vikings, they'd have to pay me 15 million. KIDDING! :)

I think they are using Brett properly. Do not make him win the games for you. Make Adrian dominate as he will and has.

I'm sure Brett will be airing it out a half dozen times against the Lions.

UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:26:11 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

If it comes down to Aaron vs Brett, I'd put my money on Brett.

I hope you meant to say Aaron. That's who I'd put my money on.

I would take the opposite approach to beating the Vikings, though. Shut down the passing game. Let Peterson gain 150 yards, or whatever. As long as you prevent him from making the really long runs, he can't beat you singlehandedly.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:39:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I would take the opposite approach to beating the Vikings, though. Shut down the passing game. Let Peterson gain 150 yards, or whatever. As long as you prevent him from making the really long runs, he can't beat you singlehandedly.

Source Link <-- Adrian Peterson > Packers.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:17:07 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Heh. Yeah, that's what I meant to say. I think you could tell in my wordings I meant that. Aaron right now is a top 3 QB, Favre is a top 16 QB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:26:42 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

The only reason Minnesota ran away with that game in the 2nd half against the godawful Browns was that Peterson decided he wasn't going to lose.

In the second half, the entire offense opened up. They started making completions on 3rd downs, AP is always better in the 2nd halves of games.

Overall, the Vikings showed they were the better team by their play in the 2nd half.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:37:15 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 337

In the second half, the entire offense opened up. They started making completions on 3rd downs, AP is always better in the 2nd halves of games.

Overall, the Vikings showed they were the better team by their play in the 2nd half.

AD was smokin' em.

He gets rollin', it's just sick. I cannot believe some carried on an argument of LT over AD at PPO--- I assign that to being so used to fighting over ANYTHING that it is almost instinctive, or something.

I remember the good old days when your boy Chilly would shut him down in the 2nd half. Even that idiot figured out that maybe such a decision wasn't in the best interests of your team. I can always reasonably expect some other screwup from Col. Klink, so all is not lost in that department.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.