Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#1 Posted: : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:39:42 PM(UTC)
To get the Vikings a win. Hand off to Peterson, and don't screw up.
As long as Peterson stays healthy, they have a chance at a big season.
Favre was i believe 14-21, 110 yards.
Buth thats all he had to do.
Watching him though, he doesn't have the ability to escape hits. Many times he just fell down to try to avoid a hit. So if anyone can get pressure on him, he'll fold like a card table.
I think the way to beat the Vikings is to get a lead quickly, and force Favre to throw.
Of course it WAS the Browns they were playing.....not exactly a great team. The Vikings got handed a "freebie" today.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:43:28 PM(UTC)
Favre played well. Safe and well. That's all the Vikings need him to do in order to be dangerous.

I said in the chat he'd go for essentially the stats he did. I was thinking a few more throws for a couple dozen more yards with 1 TD an 0 INT. :) I was close in my guess.
longtimefan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:46:57 PM(UTC)
of course when the packers looked good in pre-season vs the browns it was because its just the browns..

watch and see how the Vikings are headed to the SB by the Viking koolaid drinkers
Dulak  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:57:20 PM(UTC)
Was an interesting game ...

here is my take on Brett:

- He felt nervous about throwing down field (and possibly throwing a int); or just making bad throws

- I agree with what cheesey said about not able to scramble that well

- I do feel he brings a HUGE presence to the field and to the team and people respect him for what he does/did and he shows respect to others for what they do.
(ie I liked how he congradulated percey)

- he still had nice play fakes

- he still needs to learn the plays and the people he is throwing too but this will come in time I believe.

Overall I think MN paid more for a image of a great man - and to me thats fine brett loves football and I wish him the best there (maybe not so much when we play them thou ;)
longtimefan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:03:45 PM(UTC)
Brett still can make the throws that he has been able to..

But in preseason and today I seen him be a tad slower..I am afraid that being a little slower might make him get hit more this year
zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 4:18:09 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
To get the Vikings a win. Hand off to Peterson, and don't screw up.
As long as Peterson stays healthy, they have a chance at a big season.
Favre was i believe 14-21, 110 yards.
Buth thats all he had to do.
Watching him though, he doesn't have the ability to escape hits. Many times he just fell down to try to avoid a hit. So if anyone can get pressure on him, he'll fold like a card table.
I think the way to beat the Vikings is to get a lead quickly, and force Favre to throw.
Of course it WAS the Browns they were playing.....not exactly a great team. The Vikings got handed a "freebie" today.

Excellent analysis. If I were MM, I'd put 8 men in the box all game when we play them and force Favre to beat us. If it comes down to Aaron vs Brett, I'd put my money on Brett. The other bummer for the Vikings is their FBs and TEs didn't impress me at all when it came to being receivers. You know Brett loves both.
civic  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:18:49 PM(UTC)
Sorry fellas but the number 4 I saw out there was Trent Dilfer, not Brett Farve. He was a game manager tasked with not making any mistakes and not expected to make any plays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Farve hater. I love the guy.

Right now he gats a lot of respect on the field but some DC is going to dare him to beat his team and he won't be able to. There is nothing Farve hasn't seen but as the season goes on he won't have the physical tools to take advantage.
MassPackersFan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:58:13 AM(UTC)
The only reason Minnesota ran away with that game in the 2nd half against the godawful Browns was that Peterson decided he wasn't going to lose.
zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:07:41 PM(UTC)
Sorry fellas but the number 4 I saw out there was Trent Dilfer, not Brett Farve. He was a game manager tasked with not making any mistakes and not expected to make any plays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Farve hater. I love the guy.

Right now he gats a lot of respect on the field but some DC is going to dare him to beat his team and he won't be able to. There is nothing Farve hasn't seen but as the season goes on he won't have the physical tools to take advantage.

He was throwing bullets and completing them.

Where he missed were the few deeper shots (which weren't deep by anyone's standards, but more 20-30 yard passes) where he miscommunicated with the receivers. One should have been intercepted.

The big question is, will this be fixed as the season progresses. He better build some chemistry soon. Now it's showing it was a mistake to miss part of preseason.
Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:12:07 PM(UTC)
Two throws went farther than 5 yards in the air. (read that in some article)

From watching the game, that sounds about right. And in that case, even with my experience, I can do that. I'd do it with less than a 12 million dollar salary. Well, wait, for the Vikings, they'd have to pay me 15 million. KIDDING! :)

I think they are using Brett properly. Do not make him win the games for you. Make Adrian dominate as he will and has.

I'm sure Brett will be airing it out a half dozen times against the Lions.
Greg C.  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:26:11 PM(UTC)
If it comes down to Aaron vs Brett, I'd put my money on Brett.

I hope you meant to say Aaron. That's who I'd put my money on.

I would take the opposite approach to beating the Vikings, though. Shut down the passing game. Let Peterson gain 150 yards, or whatever. As long as you prevent him from making the really long runs, he can't beat you singlehandedly.
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:39:13 PM(UTC)

I would take the opposite approach to beating the Vikings, though. Shut down the passing game. Let Peterson gain 150 yards, or whatever. As long as you prevent him from making the really long runs, he can't beat you singlehandedly.

Source Link <-- Adrian Peterson > Packers.
zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:17:07 PM(UTC)

Heh. Yeah, that's what I meant to say. I think you could tell in my wordings I meant that. Aaron right now is a top 3 QB, Favre is a top 16 QB.
Formo  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:26:42 PM(UTC)
The only reason Minnesota ran away with that game in the 2nd half against the godawful Browns was that Peterson decided he wasn't going to lose.

In the second half, the entire offense opened up. They started making completions on 3rd downs, AP is always better in the 2nd halves of games.

Overall, the Vikings showed they were the better team by their play in the 2nd half.
dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:37:15 PM(UTC)

In the second half, the entire offense opened up. They started making completions on 3rd downs, AP is always better in the 2nd halves of games.

Overall, the Vikings showed they were the better team by their play in the 2nd half.

AD was smokin' em.

He gets rollin', it's just sick. I cannot believe some carried on an argument of LT over AD at PPO--- I assign that to being so used to fighting over ANYTHING that it is almost instinctive, or something.

I remember the good old days when your boy Chilly would shut him down in the 2nd half. Even that idiot figured out that maybe such a decision wasn't in the best interests of your team. I can always reasonably expect some other screwup from Col. Klink, so all is not lost in that department.
Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:40:44 PM(UTC)
As a pure runner.. AP all day..

As a complete back, meaning blocking, rushing and receiving.. I think a argument could have been made about 2 years ago for LT..

Today.. I just don't see another back near his level.
Formo  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:28:27 PM(UTC)
As a pure runner.. AP all day..

As a complete back, meaning blocking, rushing and receiving.. I think a argument could have been made about 2 years ago for LT..

Today.. I just don't see another back near his level.

Yeah.

Looks and sounds like AP is earning his dues in the receiving/blocking department. I've been hearing a lot on how he's improved. We'll see by years end, though.
dhazer  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:32:10 PM(UTC)

Heh. Yeah, that's what I meant to say. I think you could tell in my wordings I meant that. Aaron right now is a top 3 QB, Favre is a top 16 QB.

Can i have some of what your drinking Zombie? Top 3 qb? Who do you leave out, Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers just to name a few?
Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:36:26 PM(UTC)

Can i have some of what your drinking Zombie? Top 3 qb? Who do you leave out, Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers just to name a few?

I think top 3 might be a bit generous. I'd say somewhere between top 7 - 10 easy.

Brady
Manning
Brees
Hasselbeck
Warner

not in that order, but I think those are better QB's than Rodgers.

I don't fall for McNabb, Rothescheeseburger ...
Rockmolder  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 6:51:00 AM(UTC)

I think top 3 might be a bit generous. I'd say somewhere between top 7 - 10 easy.

Brady
Manning
Brees
Hasselbeck
Warner

not in that order, but I think those are better QB's than Rodgers.

I don't fall for McNabb, Rothescheeseburger ...

Hasselbeck? I'd take even take McNabb over Hasselbeck. I'd put Rivers in there, which would bump Rodgers out of the top 5, but if he gets in a rhytm like last year, he'll be very close to Rivers.

Anyway, Favre was just a game manager, like a lot of people said before. I don't know if I would put him down there with Trent Dilfer, as Trent was pretty bad even in that season. Favre can still play decently. They're just not unleashing him. When you force him to throw it, he can do some things to you and that's the scary part.
Rss Feed