Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhpackr  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:34:52 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It sure helps when Singletary turns into a pussy

Sorry pal, but I do not think the word "Pussy" and Mike Singletary belong in the same sentence!

Some ppl r so silly!
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:36:39 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

After watching the replay a few times. I'm more impressed with Favre's pocket presence than the throw he made. To the naked eye, it wasn't much, but if you watch he has players all around him. Subtle step here, move there, side step here, step into pocket, bye bye 49ers. He's one incredible QB.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dhpackr  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:45:47 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

that pass was at least 60 yards in the air. yes, no doubt about it , ol' greybeard can still play.

60???? He was standing on the 39 yard line when he let her buck add 10 yards for the end zone. I know I'm just a rube from North Dakota but something doesn't equate.

Anyway, had Butterfingers Dre Bly held on to his pick six on the previous drive the papers in Minneapolis would be calling for Brett's head tomorrow.

Kudos to Brett and congratulations to the Vikings. The Niners were just Favred but they know all about that from our rivalry in the 90's.

OK 50 yrds, still prettty good for an old hillbilly/redneck.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline dyeah_gb  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:50:30 AM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

I am looking forward to the hype this week. I think it is well deserved.

Don't forget that Favre normally has a hard time against the 3-4 D so we should try to exploit that. The main way to do it is to try to shut down AP and force him to throw. We also need to score early and often to try to keep this game close.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 11:01:56 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I am looking forward to the hype this week. I think it is well deserved.

Don't forget that Favre normally has a hard time against the 3-4 D so we should try to exploit that. The main way to do it is to try to shut down AP and force him to throw. We also need to score early and often to try to keep this game close.

Also Blitz the Right side of their Oline. And play conservative on the left.

McKinney and Hutch are solid and their main running blockers. Hold tough on them, with LBers very disciplined. Bring the pass rush with Kampman, Jolly/Raji and LBers blitzing against their right. MN is pretty close to us on the Oline, the Right side is inexperienced. Kampman should easily be able to get low and leverage on Loadholt.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 11:29:35 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Okay, so maybe "pussy" is too strong a word. So let's substitute "tentative" or "cautious." Either way the result is the same, and he should have known better and he deserves the loss.
UserPostedImage
Offline johnny_blood  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 2:16:19 PM(UTC)
johnny_blood

That was AMAZING.

It is funny, his first win in the Dome (as a Viking) is very similar to his first win at Lambeau. A come from behind desperation drive and a final TD in the end zone to a no-name, with no timeouts left.
blank
Offline MassPackersFan  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 3:21:54 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

The question isn't and never was whether Favre could play a game or the game, but whether or not he can play at this level over the course of 16 games and then some.

That's just something that is going to have to play out.

That's what I was thinking. This is the honeymoon phase. He had one with the Jets too. What I can't get over is how skinny he looks, especially in the arms.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 4:52:12 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Okay, so maybe "pussy" is too strong a word. So let's substitute "tentative" or "cautious." Either way the result is the same, and he should have known better and he deserves the loss.

He did go into prevent, which is the 'safe' route. I disagree with that statement, but, a lot of people agree.

But to call him out on no longer blitzing? Favre was picking apart their blitzing defense, and long before that last drive Singletary held up on the blitzing. Even the announcers mentioned that. And they were holding the Vikings pretty solid once they stopped blitzing so much.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 5:39:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

lol a Viking fan talking about how good Favre is ... just looks wrong/stupid (no offense)

It'll look even more stupid watching him pass through the Packers.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 6:08:40 PM(UTC)
Formo

lol a Viking fan talking about how good Favre is ... just looks wrong/stupid (no offense)

It'll look even more stupid watching him pass through the Packers.

You joking, right? My God, Favre has picked our Vikings apart more times than we can think. No other QB in history has more wins against the Vikings, I presume. As much as we hated him, we knew he was good. You can't have one without the other.

Now we just have the avenue to talk about it without foaming at the mouth.
UserPostedImage
Offline echizen20  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:36:09 PM(UTC)
echizen20

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 4

Yeah that drive there at the end was just incredible and inspiring. Honestly I did not think he could of pulled that off since they had no timeouts left and i felt that they didn't have enough chemistry yet between favre and their receivers to march down the field like that. But seeing that drive made me realize that Favre still has it and he can still lead that team deep. I still think that there is still room for improvement for him and his receivers if they want to be considered as a threat for their passing game.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:51:59 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I frankly don't see what's so inspirational about that drive. The fact is, they needed a "miracle" because they didn't get the job done in the first three quarters; they let the 49ers hang around. If it weren't for a couple of catastrophic mistakes on the part of the 49ers -- three consecutive runs, dropping a potential INT, failing to push the receiver out on the final play -- the outcome would have been much different. If any one of those three plays goes the other way, the Vikings lose the game.

And before anyone says this is sour grapes because I don't like Favre, remember that I said the exact same thing after Rodgers' "miracle" drive in Week 1. Get the job done in the first three quarters and you don't need miracle drives to seal the deal in the last seconds.

If there's any inspiration to be gleaned from that drive, in my opinion it's for us. If the 49ers can play the Vikings that close, surely the Packers can. And I think, absent any egregious mistakes, they will. This team is improving week by week, though not as quickly nor as smoothly as some of us might like.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:27:52 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 190

Non you just have sour grapes :P

You say if one of those 3 plays don't happen he wouldn't have done it, but what about if AP actually runs the ball (which we can't stop) and if the 9ers don't block a fg at the end of the half and return it for a td he wouldn't have had to lead them to a late td. So ya alot of ifs, but those Ifs always go both ways in a game and it doesn't have to be at the end of the game for it to affect the outcome.

I watched them talk about the last pass and they were all saying how impressed they were with how accurate of a pass it was by leading the wr by 10 yards.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Formo  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:01:31 PM(UTC)
Formo

Non you just have sour grapes :P

You say if one of those 3 plays don't happen he wouldn't have done it, but what about if AP actually runs the ball (which we can't stop) and if the 9ers don't block a fg at the end of the half and return it for a td he wouldn't have had to lead them to a late td. So ya alot of ifs, but those Ifs always go both ways in a game and it doesn't have to be at the end of the game for it to affect the outcome.

I watched them talk about the last pass and they were all saying how impressed they were with how accurate of a pass it was by leading the wr by 10 yards.

Non, you bring up a great point...

But Hazer got it right on the head.

Yeah, sure, it would have been more impressive for the Vikings to blow out the 9ers (who, by the way, is a good team) and yes, I would have liked that outcome. But, the point is, when it REALLY mattered, the Vikings offense stepped it up, on all aspects (WRs catching balls, OL protecting the QB long enough, Favre being accurate/efficient, etc). And you can't ask for anything more of an offense when put in that situation. Hense the label of 'inspirational'.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed