Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:28:48 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,301
Applause Received: 3,528
" said: Go to Quoted Post
that pass was at least 60 yards in the air. yes, no doubt about it , ol' greybeard can still play.

Easy there. His left foot was on the 38 yard line when he threw it and it went 10 yards deep into the end zone. That's, with the angle, about 50 yards. 50 or 60, that was a great play regardless.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:33:58 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 804
Great throw and just as great of a catch and bad defense combines for a MN win on an exciting last play basically.
Offline porky88  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 12:45:21 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 506
The question isn't and never was whether Favre could play a game or the game, but whether or not he can play at this level over the course of 16 games and then some.

That's just something that is going to have to play out.
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 2:53:45 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
Redsox - You are right. He still has "it." In my not so humble opinion, he was the best player in the NFL last year after the Jets were at 8-3. Then it all went downhill.

So there's something to be said about what Porky said. Can he maintain it for 16 games? Can he maintain it for 19 games? What if the Vikings make the Playoffs then his arm goes out then?

Not that I'm hoping for it. I'm a Packers fan first, but if we fail, I'd root for Favre and the Vikings next. But I'm a realist. It went out with the Jets. It may not last the whole season for the Vikings. If it does, it should be interesting as he still has "it." He wins games. Plain and simple.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:00:51 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 263
It sure helps when Singletary turns into a pussy and runs a prevent defense on the last drive. If there's one thing NFL coaches should have learned over the past decade and a half, it's that Favre will methodically pick apart a prevent defense. By contrast, yesterday in single score situations, I saw several teams on the final drives blitzing the hell out of quarterbacks, and what do you know -- they won the game. Singletary better be apologizing to his team for the rest of this week for such a rookie mistake.
Offline dhpackr  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:34:52 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36
It sure helps when Singletary turns into a pussy

Sorry pal, but I do not think the word "Pussy" and Mike Singletary belong in the same sentence!

Some ppl r so silly!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:36:39 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,301
Applause Received: 3,528
After watching the replay a few times. I'm more impressed with Favre's pocket presence than the throw he made. To the naked eye, it wasn't much, but if you watch he has players all around him. Subtle step here, move there, side step here, step into pocket, bye bye 49ers. He's one incredible QB.
Offline dhpackr  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:45:47 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36
that pass was at least 60 yards in the air. yes, no doubt about it , ol' greybeard can still play.

60???? He was standing on the 39 yard line when he let her buck add 10 yards for the end zone. I know I'm just a rube from North Dakota but something doesn't equate.

Anyway, had Butterfingers Dre Bly held on to his pick six on the previous drive the papers in Minneapolis would be calling for Brett's head tomorrow.

Kudos to Brett and congratulations to the Vikings. The Niners were just Favred but they know all about that from our rivalry in the 90's.

OK 50 yrds, still prettty good for an old hillbilly/redneck.
Offline dyeah_gb  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:50:30 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 55
I am looking forward to the hype this week. I think it is well deserved.

Don't forget that Favre normally has a hard time against the 3-4 D so we should try to exploit that. The main way to do it is to try to shut down AP and force him to throw. We also need to score early and often to try to keep this game close.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 11:01:56 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 804
I am looking forward to the hype this week. I think it is well deserved.

Don't forget that Favre normally has a hard time against the 3-4 D so we should try to exploit that. The main way to do it is to try to shut down AP and force him to throw. We also need to score early and often to try to keep this game close.

Also Blitz the Right side of their Oline. And play conservative on the left.

McKinney and Hutch are solid and their main running blockers. Hold tough on them, with LBers very disciplined. Bring the pass rush with Kampman, Jolly/Raji and LBers blitzing against their right. MN is pretty close to us on the Oline, the Right side is inexperienced. Kampman should easily be able to get low and leverage on Loadholt.
Rss Feed