Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:31:36 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.

I rest my case. :pottytrain2:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:43:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,982

Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

Your case? Sure.

The first source is wrong. Brett was on the Falcons when they beat the Packers in '91. Did he start the game? Hell did he play in the game? I believe the answer to both is no. But Brett was on the winning side against every NFL team. That's a FACT! That is what I am saying. I do not understand what's so hard to understand about that. Maybe my poorly worded title is confusing people. Who knows, but fact is, Brett has been on the winning side against every current NFL team.

As starting QB he has had a role in defeating 31 current NFL teams. Not sure where the disagreement is here people. It's pretty black and white. I'm siding with it was my poorly worded tittle though.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:25:45 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Well then, good. I'm glad he already beat all the teams.
Then we don't have to hear about it if the Queens beat us.
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:43:38 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Quote:

Source 1

Quote:

Source 2

Your case? Sure.

The first source is wrong. Brett was on the Falcons when they beat the Packers in '91. Did he start the game? Hell did he play in the game? I believe the answer to both is no. But Brett was on the winning side against every NFL team. That's a FACT! That is what I am saying. I do not understand what's so hard to understand about that. Maybe my poorly worded title is confusing people. Who knows, but fact is, Brett has been on the winning side against every current NFL team.

As starting QB he has had a role in defeating 31 current NFL teams. Not sure where the disagreement is here people. It's pretty black and white. I'm siding with it was my poorly worded tittle though.

http://www.pro-football-...xscores/199112010atl.htm

If you go through the stats you can see Favre did not play in the game as you suggested. Interestingly enough though future Packer Andre Rison scored the winning touchdown against us that day.

http://www.nfl.com/playe...vre/profile?id=FAV540222
http://www.nfl.com/playe...AV540222&season=1991

Now, the NFL.com web site shows that Favre had 2 games his rookie year in Atlanta. Does that mean he had two games where he was active and he was inactive for the rest? If that is the case then he was active against the Rams in a game where he did not play and in a game against the Redskins where he was 0-4 with 2 ints. The point being is he may not have been active for the game against the Packers so was he really on the winning side? At the very least though he did have an affiliation with an NFL team at a time when they beat the Packers.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Porforis  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:44:59 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

I don't think "He" beat the packers, having not been the starter in '91. But that's kind of nitpicking. Bottom line: Don't let Favre beat us and we don't have to hear about it. :>
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I don't think "He" beat the packers, having not been the starter in '91. But that's kind of nitpicking. Bottom line: Don't let Favre beat us and we don't have to hear about it. :>
Yeah my title sucks, very bad wording. Maybe "Favre's been on the winning side against all 32 NFL teams" would have been far more intelligent of a choice on my part.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:26:14 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Just bear in mind, DKF295, Favre has two opportunities to beat the Packers this year, so they have to be on their feet both times. This is the only honor I truly don't want Favre to achieve. I couldn't care less about anything else -- he has all the honors (and most of the dishonors) already. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:58:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Just bear in mind, DKF295, Favre has two opportunities to beat the Packers this year, so they have to be on their feet both times. This is the only honor I truly don't want Favre to achieve. I couldn't care less about anything else -- he has all the honors (and most of the dishonors) already. ;)

I wouldn't mind it if Favre threw 5 INT's in each game and was shut out both times. ;)

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 12:48:22 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I don't give credit for a back QB who never played in a game getting a win. If you look at his W/L record, there is no W against the Packers.

Another tidbit. Brett has thrown an INT against every team except GB also. So odds are he is going to set that record.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline VikesFan82  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 1:41:41 AM(UTC)
VikesFan82

Normally I always have rooted against Favre's records but for some reason I'm really pulling for him to get this one tomorrow. :-)
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed