Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gopackers08  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:37:54 PM(UTC)
gopackers08

The Milwaukee Burger Company has announced that they will be holding a public burning at halftime of the Monday Nighter of all things Favre. What do you all think of this idea?

I think its a little extreme and simply hope the Rodgers and crew can "burn" the weak secondary of the Vikings.
blank
Sponsor
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:43:51 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

I think that it's a great way to get publicity for your company.
UserPostedImage
Offline gopackers08  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:46:56 PM(UTC)
gopackers08

Indeed Rock. I forgot to add the link so here it is: http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11226198
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:17:37 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Monday in New Berlin Wi Maddys bar and grill having a Favre-e-que
Online dhazer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:20:58 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

Im so glad all these idiots have so much money that they can just burn it away lol. I would never burn my stuff, it would go on ebay to make me some money first.

Another example of how low are Packer nation have fallen, i think we are even below the Eagle fans now.

What a disgrace :(
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:23:39 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Im so glad all these idiots have so much money that they can just burn it away lol. I would never burn my stuff, it would go on ebay to make me some money first.

Another example of how low are Packer nation have fallen, i think we are even below the Eagle fans now.

My opinion is: Not really a disgrace. Fact is, there are some "fans" that will jump to do this, and they were ALWAYS there. It's not like "we have fallen". These guys were always there. This just brings them in to the forefront.
To me, it's no big deal. I wouldn't burn my stuff. It still means alot to me. I wouldn't even SELL it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Tezzy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:37:34 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

It's cool if people are into that. Just like I'm sure plenty of you pretended to burn Disco albums but secretly kept copies with your pron under your bed.

I wouldn't be able to burn anything Packers. But I might go and watch one of those events just to heckle them with my own opinions. /cheers to every one being Packers fans, no matter how silly they get.
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline Yerko  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:38:55 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 229

Alright, I don't understand this crap. Now, before I get into this...I am as anti-Favre this weekend and even until he takes off that ugly ass purple jersey as the next Packers fan.

Burning your Favre memorabilia is by far the dumbest thing one person can ever do and takes things to the next level.

1. Thats good money right there and you better damn believe once he is officially done with his career (if there ever is such a thing) that Brett Favre, Packers memorabilia is going to be worth a lot more than something Brett Favre- Jets or Brett Favre- Vikings.

2. Favre's career was in Green Bay. To burn his stuff is disrespectful. One can argue he only won us 1 SuperBowl but he brought many more things to OUR team than just a Super Bowl. Again, disrespectful.

3. Favre's career is his business. NFL is a business. He didn't make this move to hurt the fans of Green Bay and even if he did, it is probably the last reason on his list of doing so. The man felt he can still play so he is playing. Sure a lot of teams might be willing to take him but he is taking his best chance at winning another championship as his time comes to an "official" end.

Burning stuff of a player that has brought so many things to one team is an embarrassment. My wife bought me an autographed Favre picture and paid pretty big money for it for my wedding gift. Needless to say, this was before his move to the Vikings. Welp, she cried when he went to the Vikings because she thought I hated the gift. It's still hanging on my wall. I would NEVER burn anything Favre....

end rant. I am sorry, GO PACK GO.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:40:56 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

STUPID!!!!! STUPID!!!!! STUPID!!!!!

$100.00 Bucks says there will be fights that break out, police will be called and that is what will make the headlines instead of what could be one of the most watched games in memory.

STUPID!!!!! STUPID!!!! STUPID!!!!!

hopefully this game will live up to it's billing, and The Packers will come out on top. All the rest is well STUPID!!!
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline TengoJuego  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:59:42 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Had no idea this one business represented the entire Packer nation.
Offline 4PackGirl  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:53:45 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

agreed, tengo!

personally, i find it in poor taste & childish - hmmm kinda reminds me of someone. ;) lol. just kidding.

there is no way in hell i'd ever burn anything brett favre - that's just wrong, imo.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:57:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Had no idea this one business represented the entire Packer nation.

When it fits a small minded opinion, of course, that's how it is.

I think it's kind of dumb to burn it. It really does not serve any purpose, in my eyes. If I had a Favre jersey, I would just put it away until he's finally retired for good. Once retired, I'd bring it out again.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:11:20 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Once again, a mole hill made into a mountain.
I never even HEARD of "The Milwaukee Burger Company" before this.
A GREAT advertising ploy!
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:12:54 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Just more small-minded people consciously trying to contribute more hype to -- and thereby profit off -- a game that doesn't really merit it. This game is not going to be the titanic struggle the media would have us believe. It's going to be sloppy, ugly, and frustrating.
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:45:26 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 201
Applause Received: 340

...wait we're throwing batteries at players now and cheering neck injuries? Stop being so dramatic.

I'd be all for burning any VIKING Favre stuff, along with any other Viking or Bears stuff available (of course I wouldn't spend any money on any of it save for the lighter fluid). As they're advertising it now it's just a stupid publicity stunt as a number of you have pointed out.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Rss Feed