Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:09:31 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Jason Wilde

9-29 pod cast

the 27 minute one

Said base your love for Brett on other things, not on Teds ego..Then goes on to explain why Ted's ego was not the reason why Brett is gone..

about 8 mins in is when it starts

pointed out that on June 20th when Brett called to officially say he wanted back was the day after OTAs ended..
Mike McCarthy didnt want Brett to come back...TED DID
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:13:47 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 259

Then I applaud Mike McCarthy for finally stopping the charade and Ted Thompson for taking the blame and standing behind McCarthy, while being the most ridiculed and hated man in Wisconsin.
UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:21:04 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 91

Still a lot of speculation. We will never know EXACTLY what happened. Interesting discussion though.
Online Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:26:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

[mp3 width=400 height=20]http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wauk/media/mpeg/Jason_Wilde_ESPNMilwaukee_com_Packers_reporter_9_29_09_-1254273822.mp3[/mp3]
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:32:51 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Still a lot of speculation. We will never know EXACTLY what happened. Interesting discussion though.

no but a guy like Jason is not going to come out and state certain things as facts if he is lying..
Online Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:02:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Wow, great post, the audio that is. I'm glad someone of the media has said what I've been saying for quite some time (and McCarthy has implied) that it was him that turned Favre away, not Thompson.

They also touched on a lot of other things too. And holy crap, you can tell these two have spent a LONG time scoping through the details of all the Brett/Packers split. I was glad to hear them point out the Packers mistakes in this too. Because they are definitely guilty as well.

One of the things said that I feel is not understood by a lot, or maybe missed. Favre is used to always getting HIS way. When the Packers didn't let him back in the second time (Brett changed his mind end of March, wanted to play, etc) he got pissed off.

I wish I had a dang transcript of that cuz there was a lot of good things said.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:17:40 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Wow, great post, the audio that is. I'm glad someone of the media has said what I've been saying for quite some time (and McCarthy has implied) that it was him that turned Favre away, not Thompson.

They also touched on a lot of other things too. And holy crap, you can tell these two have spent a LONG time scoping through the details of all the Brett/Packers split. I was glad to hear them point out the Packers mistakes in this too. Because they are definitely guilty as well.

One of the things said that I feel is not understood by a lot, or maybe missed. Favre is used to always getting HIS way. When the Packers didn't let him back in the second time (Brett changed his mind end of March, wanted to play, etc) he got pissed off.

I wish I had a dang transcript of that cuz there was a lot of good things said.

I agree...When I first heard this wasn't to sure if it should be posted since it is a subject that could very well lead to big arguments again..

But it has information that reporters ( that I ) have NEVER heard said in public.
Offline wils0646  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 9:29:14 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Applause Received: 4

Wow, very insightful. Thanks for the post. I had no idea Mike McCarthy was the guy that didn't want him back at first in April.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:34:33 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Excellent discussion of the subject. The time lines all seem good. I agree 100% with the team letting him go at that point. One thing that wasn't talked about, that really gets under my skin is that even after everything played out. Brett jumped straight to, Give me my outright release. Not even trying to use the middle ground, of. Well since you don't want me, give me permission to seek a trade.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:35:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Wow, very insightful. Thanks for the post. I had no idea Mike McCarthy was the guy that didn't want him back at first in April.

UserPostedImage

Okay now my funny is over.

Click HERE to read the press conference that made me think it was Mike (because he basically said it it was his decision) and not Ted that didn't want Brett.
UserPostedImage
Offline wils0646  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:01:32 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Applause Received: 4

UserPostedImage

Okay now my funny is over.

Click HERE to read the press conference that made me think it was Mike (because he basically said it it was his decision) and not Ted that didn't want Brett.

I meant in April when he changed his mind. It was obvious that Ted Thompson was probably on board after Favre changed his mind.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Online Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:34:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I was jus messing around.
UserPostedImage
Online Wade  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 1:45:55 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 698

Was it not McCarthy who uttered the now famous "train has left the station" remarks?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 2:44:15 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 186
Applause Received: 418

Well, it's nice to finally get bits and pieces of info out.
Doesn't change anything. And those that hate Ted Thompson won't let this cloud their hate for him.
UserPostedImage
Offline cuqui  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 8:25:03 PM(UTC)
cuqui

Thanks very much for posting this. I've always thought Wilde had a good handle on the team. I, for one, am glad Mike McCarthy took this position. No one player is above the team.
blank
Rss Feed