Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:39:22 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

one bit I heard is that he is denying that he ever told Peter King he wanted to stick it to Ted

Peter article

The reality, Favre knows now, is he not only wanted to play again, but he wanted to show Green Bay -- particularly general manager Ted Thompson -- that it was making a big mistake in going forward without him. "Part of me coming back last year, I have to admit now, was sticking it to Ted,'' he said in a rather startling admission.
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:41:43 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

On why he hasn't called Aaron Rodgers: "For what?....No one's called me
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:56:16 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

I'll sure be glad when the whole "drama" is over.
Hopefully by the end of this season.
But it sure has been a wild ride.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:58:42 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Just for Zero

Seems like the questions asked are not provided..

Quote:
# Are you motivated to stick to Ted Thompson: "Never was motivated for that reason. So, no. It had nothing to do with it."

# "I didn't say it was about revenge. It wasn't about revenge to begin with. The fact that I had a torn biceps had an affect on how we finished up. I really wasn't willing to have the surgery...I felt like I could play. I think I proved that last year. Being released by New York, I still had to have the surgery to play at a high enough level. I eventually decided to have it."

# "What I said with Peter (King) was that it was human nature -- I didn't use the word revenge -- to prove to someone that I could play. That's not motivation enough, never would be for me. It's too long a season."

# "I want to win it all. I don't think I have to prove anything to anyone."

# "There were numerous, numerous throws last year...Not only was their pain, but there was (inaccuracy). It seemed like it was more and more frequent."

# "I can't answer that. I'm sure there are some people that are disappointed or upset. Sixteen years there I know how personal the Packers are to the fans. I'm very aware of that and that's the beauty of the organization, and will always be....I know people take a lot of ownership in that and that's great...

But my intentions are not to doing anything else but to play and hopefully lead this team to a championship...I'm proud of the career I had there. If there are people disappointed and picking sides, I understand that. It is what it is. I can't control that."

# Better at handling emotions: "I would like to think so."

# On whether he wanted to play in Green Bay in '08: "Yes, it was. Why wouldn't it be? I had just had, in my opinion, the best year in my career."

# Why Minnesota? Why not stay with the Jets? "Um...Well, I wasn't willing to have surgery at that time. That's first and foremost."

# On his release from the Jets: "None of that matters now anyways. The only thing that matters in the game on Monday night. I'm having a good time."

# On why not talk to Aaron Rodgers: "For what? I think Aaron has not only done well, but I think he'll have a great career. I said that from Day One. That's why they drafted him. No one's called me. I've talked to Drive...I don't know what to tell you."

# On whether the damage can be repaired: "I'm sure it can but no one's concerned about that now. We'll deal with that later."

# "He's got all the tools. Very knowledgeable in the offense. There was no reason why the offense couldn't be productive...I think he's done a very good job and I'm not surprised by it all."

# Do you have trouble making decisions: "No, I don't think it's a problem here. It's all based on winning and what have you done for me lately. The only thing I can do is do what's expected of me here. All the stuff that's happened in the past is over and done with."

# Any doubts lasting the season: "You know what, I thought about it my first, second and third year. The chances of any player lasting a season is tough. But you know what? Like I played the other day, I'm going to hit, block. Am I sure I'm going to get up everytime? No, but nobody is."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:00:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

I think the last time Favre and Rodgers spoke was shortly after the Giants game where Rodgers was invited to the Favre house for dinner.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:10:42 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Offline longtimefan  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:11:18 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think the last time Favre and Rodgers spoke was shortly after the Giants game where Rodgers was invited to the Favre house for dinner.

Link to prove this??
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:17:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Link to prove this??

Look it up on the forums. We have a search feature. I've posted it before. Busy scouring the net for other "work" related things. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:22:45 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Link to prove this??

Look it up on the forums. We have a search feature. I've posted it before. Busy scouring the net for other "work" related things. :)

LOL uh huh

here is dinner

Quote:
Rodgers is in a weird spot with Favre. At the end of last season, the formerly chilly relationship got warm, with Rodgers going to Favre's home for dinner. But a frost settled over the friendship in the offseason, when Favre retired and then came back, hopeful of getting his old job back, a job the Packers had given to Rodgers. When they both went to the ESPYs in Los Angeles, they didn't connect, even though they were in the same audience. I asked if the relationship was harmed forever.

"I sure hope not,'' Rodgers said. "I have so much admiration for Brett. I would love for the relationship to go back to what it was.''
Offline GoPack1984  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:52:18 PM(UTC)
GoPack1984

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2011

Applause Given2: 47
Applause Received: 10

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/...ls-aaron-rodgers-a-liar/

Here is Bruce Ciskie's take from NFL FanHouse. Rodgers says he tried calling Brett. Brett says no one called him.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:01:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Quote:
In late January, Favre's Green Bay successor, Aaron Rodgers, stopped by Super Bowl festivities in Tampa, and he did an interview where he was asked about Favre. Rodgers stated that he had tried to reach out to Favre, but the veteran and future Hall of Famer didn't return his calls.

Favre's version of events is a little different. Again, we go back to the conference call with Packers media.

--- Why haven't you reached out to Aaron Rodgers: "For what? No one's called me. I talked to Driver every once in a while, and some of the older guys."

If Favre is to be believed, King conveniently misquoted him on the most important part of the story, and Rodgers is apparently a flat-out liar.

It's obvious that Favre is trying to downplay Monday's game as much as possible. Only time will tell if the high emotions still present in this divorce are too much to ignore once the lights go on.

I guess ... I don't understand how Rodgers is a liar and King misquoted him? Huh? If King misquoted Rodgers then how is Rodgers the liar? I'm lost.

UserPostedImage
Offline ohiopackerfan  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:27:58 PM(UTC)
ohiopackerfan

I think he's saying King misquoted him on the revenge issue and calling Rodgers a flat-out liar:

On why not talk to Aaron Rodgers: "For what? I think Aaron has not only done well, but I think he'll have a great career. I said that from Day One. That's why they drafted him. No one's called me. I've talked to Drive...I don't know what to tell you."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/63112217.html

Micheal Irvin: Wait, wai, wai, wait. When you were playing together, how much speaking did he do with you.

Aaron Rodgers: I mean, it was me and him. The last year, '07, we had no other quarterback on the roster, it was me and him, you know, we'd see each other every day, jog around with each other every day, you know he knew how I felt about him, that I had the utmost amount of respect for him, you know...and to not have talked to him in over a year? That's disappointing.

MI: Through all of this, going back and forth, putting you in the position that you were in and it was a tough position it was a tough position because now you're sitting having to respect him for what he has done, dealing with it, and let's just get real here that the pain of him not calling, or talking, or saying 'this is what's happening, this is what's going on'...after all of that, he still hasn't talked to you?

Pause...

AR: No.

(A few seconds later)

MI: Why will you not reach out to him?

AR: Oh, I did. I did.

MI: You called him and he didn't call you back?

AR: Yep.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/01/aaron-rodgers-interview-michael-irvin-brett-favre/
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:41:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I think this has been taken out of context here. When Favre's saying no one has called him, you know that's not true. Because Childress called him in August. So, no one is not accurate at all. If he's saying No one on the Packers, (which I think he's implying) then that is probably true.

Rodgers and Favre had dinner after the Giants game.
During the off season between '07 and '08, Rodgers said he called Favre with no reply. Is Favre saying no one has called him from what point to what point? After Favre didn't return his call and the cold shoulder at the ESPY's, I could see Rodgers not wanting to call Brett again. Who wants to be the person who calls and calls and doesn't get that the person doesn't want to talk to ya?

I don't think Brett is saying Aaron is a liar. That comment/statement is dredged up by someone who's looking for an angle.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:27:33 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I think this has been taken out of context here. When Favre's saying no one has called him, you know that's not true. Because Childress called him in August. So, no one is not accurate at all. If he's saying No one on the Packers, (which I think he's implying) then that is probably true.

During the off season between '07 and '08, Rodgers said he called Favre with no reply. Is Favre saying no one has called him from what point to what point? After Favre didn't return his call and the cold shoulder at the ESPY's, I could see Rodgers not wanting to call Brett again. Who wants to be the person who calls and calls and doesn't get that the person doesn't want to talk to ya?

I don't think Brett is saying Aaron is a liar. That comment/statement is dredged up by someone who's looking for an angle.

Whoa.

We might agree on something when it comes to Favre?! HOLD THE PHONES!! lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Yerko  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:22:19 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

I just read the transcript and man did he really do a poor job dodging this question.

(But you asked for release, why do that?)
Well first of all, none of that matters now anyway. What matters is this game Monday night, and thats all that matters. And this team has welcomed me here. Its been a lot of fun, its been a lot of work, but Im having a good time. And thats all that matters. I had a great time in New York, enjoyed the guys there, enjoyed being with Mike Tannenbaum and Woody, those guys were great, Eric, on down the line, it was fun. I wish wed ended up a little bit better, but thats over and done with.

I thought I had skipped his response and had to scroll back up. The answer doesn't even make sense to the question asked Brett.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:28:20 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

During the off season between '07 and '08, Rodgers said he called Favre with no reply. Is Favre saying no one has called him from what point to what point?

Brett knows EXACTLY what the media was getting at..I say with 99% certainty that Brett knew Rodgers went on the Irvin show and said Brett didnt call him back..

Bretts pilot mentioned it and STILL mentions how Rodgers cries over not getting a phone call...He mocks Rodgers about it...

Come on Zero you know that is just Brett's way of side stepping it all

Brett now can say Rodgers didnt call me from Sept of 08 till now..So yeah why would I call him back..and he isn't lying at all..
Offline longtimefan  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:29:24 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

I just read the transcript and man did he really do a poor job dodging this question.

(But you asked for release, why do that?)
Well first of all, none of that matters now anyway. What matters is this game Monday night, and thats all that matters. And this team has welcomed me here. Its been a lot of fun, its been a lot of work, but Im having a good time. And thats all that matters. I had a great time in New York, enjoyed the guys there, enjoyed being with Mike Tannenbaum and Woody, those guys were great, Eric, on down the line, it was fun. I wish wed ended up a little bit better, but thats over and done with.

I thought I had skipped his response and had to scroll back up. The answer doesn't even make sense to the question asked Brett.

There were a few like that..
Offline VikesFan82  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:01:45 PM(UTC)
VikesFan82

Nobody is going to be honest in situations like this. Look what happens when T.O. is honest. It only hurts the player and the team.

On a lighter note...What is it with your guys' obsession over OUR QB? :-)
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:05:14 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Nobody is going to be honest in situations like this. Look what happens when T.O. is honest. It only hurts the player and the team.

On a lighter note...What is it with your guys' obsession over OUR QB? :-)

when the last month of the season rolls around make sure you remember that quote
Offline MassPackersFan  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:16:54 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Received: 7

This was my favorite part:

Quote:
# Why Minnesota? Why not stay with the Jets? "Um...Well, I wasn't willing to have surgery at that time. That's first and foremost."

Ohhh.. he just sort of fell into the situation in Minnesota. Ok I get it. It was just an incredible coincidence that rumors were flying for a year and a half and he joined the Vikings as soon as he could.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 1:56:06 AM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

Sorry I didn't read or listen to the conference call, but who cares. The media will be the media, Brett will be Brett. At this point, its all useless in arguing about.

In the end all this obsession with knocking down Favre's creditability, character, etc. is just the flavor of the month. Come 5 years from now, he'll return to Lambeau with a standing ovation, retire his number and enter the Hall of Fame on the first ballot. And no one will care.
blank
Rss Feed