Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 1:06:27 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Trade Favre to a Week 4 opponent OR Trade him to a team you won't play in a few years?

Favre was/is pissed at the Packers. With that motivation, you don't want to go against him.

Yeah, TOUGH decision.

The 'blame' ... please. Go back to sniffy sniffy Favre crotchy crotchy you purple hypocrite! ha, ha HAAAAAAAAAA

You talking to LTF? Cause, uhhh.. Last I checked, I didn't bring up the blame game.

Typical Vikings fan, see only what you want and ignore the rest. You had mentioned "blame" in your post.

The Bucs GM didn't have the authority to trade Favre away.. Teddy Thompson did. Now, yeah, Bruce Allen dropped the ball a bit too, but ultimately Thompson was in the drivers seat. That's why he gets the '[size=28]blame[/size]' in some eyes..

See it now?

No sh*t, Sherlock. Great detective work. That doesn't mean I was the one who brought it up, even though I mentioned it.

So it happens to the Bucs and people dont blame their GM, but happens to the Packers and its all Teds fault

The original post. He mentions how people blame Teddy, but not Bruce. I just commented on it. Pretty innocently, actually. Read my first post again..

And LTF, I misunderstood your post.. I didn't know you were drawing a comparison to Moss. My bad.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline longtimefan  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 2:10:15 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Trade Favre to a Week 4 opponent OR Trade him to a team you won't play in a few years?

Favre was/is pissed at the Packers. With that motivation, you don't want to go against him.

Yeah, TOUGH decision.

The 'blame' ... please. Go back to sniffy sniffy Favre crotchy crotchy you purple hypocrite! ha, ha HAAAAAAAAAA

You talking to LTF? Cause, uhhh.. Last I checked, I didn't bring up the blame game.

Typical Vikings fan, see only what you want and ignore the rest. You had mentioned "blame" in your post.

The Bucs GM didn't have the authority to trade Favre away.. Teddy Thompson did. Now, yeah, Bruce Allen dropped the ball a bit too, but ultimately Thompson was in the drivers seat. That's why he gets the '[size=28]blame[/size]' in some eyes..

See it now?

No sh*t, Sherlock. Great detective work. That doesn't mean I was the one who brought it up, even though I mentioned it.

So it happens to the Bucs and people dont blame their GM, but happens to the Packers and its all Teds fault

The original post. He mentions how people blame Teddy, but not Bruce. I just commented on it. Pretty innocently, actually. Read my first post again..

And LTF, I misunderstood your post.. I didn't know you were drawing a comparison to Moss. My bad.

NP bud!!!

I am used to Viking fans being wrong :thumbleft:
Offline 4PackGirl  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 8:54:52 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 153
Applause Received: 124

i hate it when i go to bed thinking the guy's a pirate & he's not. MEN!! ;)

LOL

What kind of pirate are we talkin' about here? Butt pirate?!

That's TOO MUCH information!! lol

heh...just my attempt at trying to lighten millionth topic about crap that has no impact on the packers whatsoever. i know nothin about this butt pirating dealy gig you're talkin about - perhaps you can enlighten us with your vast knowledge on said subject!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 11:23:07 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Foster... I need to borrow your freaking hammer... Ugh.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 12:06:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,895
Applause Received: 2,093

Beaten horse or not, it's Favre/Vikings and Packers week. This is one of the rare times it's merited to discuss it. And I'm interested in hearing peoples thoughts and opinions on this matter, again. Now, sticking with the freaking topic. (which is hard cuz I have so many off topic comments, but I try to stick to common rules hah )

I can't recall who did the interview but I remember Brett was saying he thought it was a done deal that he was going to be a Buccaneer. Then he seen it on an ESPN ticker that he was traded to the Jets. He mentioned he wasn't thrilled with it, but didn't want to cause anymore of a circus and just rolled with it.

From what I've seen disclosed. We could have had a 3rd and Chris Sims from the Bucs and had to face him once the following year. We ended up getting a 3rd from the Jets and we were supposed to give a 7th but I heard that was abolished. So we would have gained a Chris Sims and had to play against him? I think I'd rather have had him go to the Bucs. Maybe after the Bucs beat us, he'd have just retired and been done with it?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 12:38:37 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Beaten horse or not, it's Favre/Vikings and Packers week. This is one of the rare times it's merited to discuss it. And I'm interested in hearing peoples thoughts and opinions on this matter, again. Now, sticking with the freaking topic. (which is hard cuz I have so many off topic comments, but I try to stick to common rules hah )

How is any comments towards this off topic?

Simply looking for relevance of this angle?

How in the hell is this relevant to the upcoming game this weekend, Gruden thinking the Bucs had acquired Brett?

In my opinion it doesn't.

Brett being traded to the Jets and in his opinion being "shown" the door in Green Bay does to a point.

The Packers players finally releasing some steam for all the Favre drama last year plays into it.

But I fail to see the relevance of this.. IMO; it was a thread designed to stir up the Thompson haters and fuel another round of I told you so's and your full of caca statements.

And I voiced in a round about way that opinion..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 6:59:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

i hate it when i go to bed thinking the guy's a pirate & he's not. MEN!! ;)

LOL

What kind of pirate are we talkin' about here? Butt pirate?!

That's TOO MUCH information!! lol

heh...just my attempt at trying to lighten millionth topic about crap that has no impact on the packers whatsoever. i know nothin about this butt pirating dealy gig you're talkin about - perhaps you can enlighten us with your vast knowledge on said subject!

lol Leave my pirated butt alone. =P
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#23 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 7:00:25 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Who'd want to download your butt, Formo? Or upload it for that matter? It's way too low bitrate to be worth bothering with. :P
UserPostedImage