Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 12:51:28 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)
Applause Received: 3
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He said the same thing about the 2007 Packers. Its no big deal.


Exactly, how many people were up in arms then saying "thats disrespectful to the 1996 Packers". If you did, then yes, you should complain about this too. But I bet most people thought it was a good move to try to give them some confidence.
Offline Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:03:31 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 245
Applause Received: 384
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He said the same thing about the 2007 Packers. Its no big deal.


Exactly, how many people were up in arms then saying "thats disrespectful to the 1996 Packers". If you did, then yes, you should complain about this too. But I bet most people thought it was a good move to try to give them some confidence.


I wasn't into football back them. At least, not like I am now, but I would've found that disrespectfull, as well.

Big difference here is that he has to know himself that this is like throwing salt into the Packers fans wounds, playing for the Vikings and all. The man is not utterly retarded. He knows what kind of impact this could make.
Offline djcubez  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:44:33 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Madison
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on" - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13
- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:02:08 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2016ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,499
Applause Received: 4,042
lol nice find!

Again I state this.

[size=28]FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!![/size]
Offline MassPackersFan  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:49:32 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.
Offline porky88  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:58:07 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2016Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 511
" said: Go to Quoted Post
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on" - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13
- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.


I think he meant every word at the time he said all of that. Why would he doubt his own abilities as well as his teams? Favre has always talked in the present and not the past. When all said and done, the 96 Packers will go down as his best team and he'll probably know that when that time comes. Until that day though, Favre will continue to say what he says as well as look forward. He thinks big.

Remember the Ahman Green could be MVP statement?
Offline Gravedigga  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:28:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on" - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13
- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.


I think we overanalyze Favres words way too much. You could find 40 players who say that every year but nobody cares because theyre not Brett Favre.
Offline Gravedigga  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:32:08 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.


Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.
Offline djcubez  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:29:28 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Madison
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.


Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.

6 first half penalties. Two drives at the start of the game in Vikings territory ending on takeaways. A dropped pass on 4th-and-goal in the end zone. Only losing by 7 points. Somehow I fail to grasp this "blowed out" you're referring too.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:31:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.


Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.


Dropped a short TD pass. Surrendered two fumbles (which are largely considered unpredictable i.e. "luck"). Played without our starting LT and LG all of the game, and our backup LT about half of the game. Playing with our worst pickup of the year at SS, who was continuously out of position in his 2nd game on the field for us. Penalties galore.

Yeah, we performed very poorly. I'm surprised you are actually arguing with me on this. You think we played well? Back it up. All you're doing now is talking shit (gonna get blowed out).
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Smokey (1m) : Thanks Cheesey. LOL
Cheesey (2m) : Smokey, it was chicken gizzards (and hearts)!
Cheesey (2m) : So let's just start by saying, I love you!
Zero2Cool (33m) : Great, Geronimo Allison is on the injury report.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Most irritating tweets/tweet starters: 1) This >>> 2) Yep, ...3) There it is.... 4) Not good 5) XX doing XX things 6) Because xxx
Zero2Cool (5h) : Belichick when asked to discuss the importance of having the home crowd behind them: “I don’t know. Go ask Dallas and Kansas City.” …Oof.
Smokey (5h) : BRAVO, ZERO !
Zero2Cool (6h) : Something to watch: Last time both road teams won the Conference title games? 2012.. when New England and Atlanta hosted.
Zero2Cool (6h) : When Ty Montgomery is contacted within 1 yard of the LOS, he averages 4.5 YPC, best for RBs. Atlanta allowed 2.0 YPC, 4th worst for defenses
Zero2Cool (8h) : ProFootballFocus says Packers have 7th best front seven. Falcons 24th.
uffda udfa (8h) : *you're
uffda udfa (8h) : Tell me how to win your heart for I haven't got a clue.
uffda udfa (8h) : Is it me your looking for?
Smokey (8h) : Hello ?
Smokey (10h) : WHAT HAPPENED WITH "CRIXUS", OUR NEWEST MEMBER ?
uffda udfa (14h) : WELCOME Rick12...wonder what the 12 is for? :)
uffda udfa (14h) : The former per Mike Silver of NFLN
uffda udfa (14h) : Falcons OC, Kyle Shanahan "almost certain" to take Niners job. That's a terrible distraction for them.
Smokey (14h) : WELCOME to the forum crixus.
Smokey (17h) : Coffee or Hot Chocolate ?
Smokey (17h) : French Toast or Pancakes ?
Smokey (17h) : Sausage or Bacon ?
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : Falcons have officially placed DL Adrian Clayborn on IR
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : Why? What's the difference? Can you cook same meals with one?
hardrocker950 (17-Jan) : Get a pressure cooker and your crock pot will collect dust lol
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : Bill Vinovich is our ref. You might remember him from 4th and 26.
Smokey (17-Jan) : They were chicken livers, and they are fabulous . LOL
uffda udfa (17-Jan) : Not if Matt Ryan puts up a 40 passer rating. :) The last two were unfavorable conditions. This is dome time.
Cheesey (17-Jan) : Smokey, went to fire up the crock pot to slow cook some chicken gizzards, it burned out!
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : Aaron Rodgers' passer rating in his 4 career games at the Georgia Dome: 114.5, 136.8, 117.0, 125.5.
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : from Rob Reischel @robreischel
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : Rodgers has played in 2 NFC Championship games. QB ratings were 56.7 and 55.9. That's won't cut it Sunday
Porforis (17-Jan) : Have to fill the 24/7 news cycle with something.
Smokey (17-Jan) : True, Zero
Zero2Cool (17-Jan) : Rodgers didn't draw it up, it was selected from options. Duh.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2016 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 3:25 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

39m / Fantasy Sports Talk / GoPack1984

52m / Community Welcome! / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

4h / Around The NFL / Smokey

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Announcements / crixus

15h / Community Welcome! / crixus


Packers Headlines