Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
20 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#131 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:52:01 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 3
Nonstop, your signature avatar thing is nuts. It almost seems like its from a Hollywood movie or something but thats real life. Mayweather is awesome.
Offline Pack93z  
#132 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:56:35 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 435
Applause Received: 1,203
" said: Go to Quoted Post
BTW.. it is funny no one was saying Favre was holding the ball to long in the pocket.. that fumble was a 5 count. ;)

He did hold the ball too long on the fumble though. Wait he does that? A little karma maybe :)

:thumbright:

Missed it Porky.. +1.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#133 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:40:41 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 263
Nonstop, your signature avatar thing is nuts.

I'm still accepting +1s for my avatar. ;)

I love the GIF except for the fact that the color gradients are washed out and smudgy. It looks like it was ripped from a dirt-cheap DVD player on a computer with a bargain-basement video card. Ah, well, such is the joy of compression.
Offline dd80forever  
#134 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:10:44 PM(UTC)

If I am a Viking fan, I'm jacked about this loss. You went head to head with one, if not the best, team in the league and you had them beat. It took fluke plays and crap calls for the Steelers to win that game.

I am a registered official in Ohio and that was a garbage call. Just because you TRIP over someone in NO WAY means it is a trip. Dugan went low for a cut block and the guy tried to hurdle him and got his legs contacted with the legs of the blocker. Not intentional in ANY WAY. Terrible call. That type of thing could be called 10 times every game.

And the Favre screen pass? Are you guys really that bitter that you could pin that on Brett. A High Throw? Ummmmmm most screen passes of that distance are high because even though the guy is close you have to lob it over the Defense. He couldn't have put it in his belly, Taylor's has to use his hands. Who catches with there belly in the pros anyhow? Unbelievable.
Offline porky88  
#135 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:17:56 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 510
If I am a Viking fan, I'm jacked about this loss. You went head to head with one, if not the best, team in the league and you had them beat. It took fluke plays and crap calls for the Steelers to win that game.

I am a registered official in Ohio and that was a garbage call. Just because you TRIP over someone in NO WAY means it is a trip. Dugan went low for a cut block and the guy tried to hurdle him and got his legs contacted with the legs of the blocker. Not intentional in ANY WAY. Terrible call. That type of thing could be called 10 times every game.

And the Favre screen pass? Are you guys really that bitter that you could pin that on Brett. A High Throw? Ummmmmm most screen passes of that distance are high because even though the guy is close you have to lob it over the Defense. He couldn't have put it in his belly, Taylor's has to use his hands. Who catches with there belly in the pros anyhow? Unbelievable.

I agree.

If Green Bay plays Pittsburgh like that, will your feelings be the same? :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#136 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:39:15 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,346
Applause Received: 3,634

You come to the defense of a call like this for the Vikings, but when a Packer lost his footing, slipped into the opponent on a kickoff, nothing? You know what the player's intentions were? Unbelievable.

Rodgers does this same play, you'd blame him for the loss. Vikings QB does it, you say anyone that points out it was a bad throw must be bitter. Unbelievable.
UserPostedImage

You do NOT throw a 5 yard screen pass if a defender is between you and the potential receiver is facing you. The receiving player should be motioning away from you and the QB should lead the receiver down field or to open field.

In this case the ball should have been thrown outside to Taylors right arm and mid level, not high and there wasn't anyone around to throw it over. Vikings QB threw a bad pass, big deal. He's not perfect, get over it. Was the play his fault? Taylor SHOULD have caught the ball. Rule one in catching, if you can put your hands on it, you should catch it.

Watch the play by clicking HERE.

I'm not a registered official in any state or anything fancy, but I believe the cause of the Vikings losing the game is on Brad Childress. Not so much Taylor or Vikings QB. Vikings were within FG range and passing instead of running? I understand you play to win the game, but I just think that was bad. 51 passes. 18 rushes for Adrian?
Offline dd80forever  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:56:48 PM(UTC)

What?

Zero, you don't lead a RB on any type of screen play in the box. The idea of it is to face poor pass blocking and let the rushers go past you, than have the ball dumped over the top. I don't know where you get you should lead him. Look at Taylors position, You wanted him to be lead to his outside shoulder? I'm sorry, but thats absurd. If Taylor was to be lead he surely wouldn't be facing the way he is in your snapshot. It is set up like any other screen play in the box run by every other team in the NFL. Lead on a middle screen? Huh?

If he takes off like that the defender you see in the picture would be all over him.

Favre's location on the pass was fine, if anything he put to much zip on it for a short pass but these are NFL players that need to catch the ball.

I would come to defense on A-Rod on a play like this to. If you hit the WR in the hands and it bounces off and gets picked, you can't put that on ANY QB.

The Vikes played well, head up with one of the best in the NFL and got screwed on a bogus tripping call that took points off the board and were victimized by fluke Defensive scores. I am not trying to convince you because you know, deep down inside, that this team is alot further along than GB is.
Offline Formo  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:03:16 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154

UserPostedImage

You do NOT throw a 5 yard screen pass if a defender is between you and the potential receiver is facing you. The receiving player should be motioning away from you and the QB should lead the receiver down field or to open field.

In this case the ball should have been thrown outside to Taylors right arm and mid level, not high and there wasn't anyone around to throw it over. Vikings QB threw a bad pass, big deal. He's not perfect, get over it. Was the play his fault? Taylor SHOULD have caught the ball. Rule one in catching, if you can put your hands on it, you should catch it.

Watch the play by clicking HERE.

I'm not a registered official in any state or anything fancy, but I believe the cause of the Vikings losing the game is on Brad Childress. Not so much Taylor or Vikings QB. Vikings were within FG range and passing instead of running? I understand you play to win the game, but I just think that was bad. 51 passes. 18 rushes for Adrian?

Pretty solid analysis.. 2 of the biggest points you made that are spot on are, "Taylor SHOULD have caught the ball. Rule one in catching, if you can put your hands on it, you should catch it." And, "51 passes. 18 rushes".. Just don't call those plays with AP as your RB. It's not like the Vikings were playing from THAT much behind most of the game.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#139 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:58:13 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,346
Applause Received: 3,634
At least Formo appears to understand what I was getting at.

Zero, you don't lead a RB on any type of screen play in the box. The idea of it is to face poor pass blocking and let the rushers go past you, than have the ball dumped over the top. I don't know where you get you should lead him. Look at Taylors position, You wanted him to be lead to his outside shoulder? I'm sorry, but thats absurd. If Taylor was to be lead he surely wouldn't be facing the way he is in your snapshot. It is set up like any other screen play in the box run by every other team in the NFL. Lead on a middle screen? Huh?

If he takes off like that the defender you see in the picture would be all over him.

I read this and decided to watch the play a dozen or so times. I see the second blocker for the inside that indicates this was a dump off to the inside. Therefore the ball should not have been thrown to the outside as I originally said. When I watched it earlier, it appeared his blockers were blocking for an outside screen. Even with that said, the ball should have been thrown lower. And as I said earlier, the fault falls more on Taylor for the interception than Vikings QB. To say nothing was wrong with the pass is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

Favre's location on the pass was fine, if anything he put to much zip on it for a short pass but these are NFL players that need to catch the ball.

You're right, these are NFL players and therefore should make a more accurate throw. :)

I would come to defense on A-Rod on a play like this to. If you hit the WR in the hands and it bounces off and gets picked, you can't put that on ANY QB.

My bullshit-o-meter jus blew up. You spend time defending the Vikings, not the Packers. You'd only come to someone's defense if it was the uncommon perception. You like to be the little guy fighting the big fight. So it appears to me.

The Vikes played well, head up with one of the best in the NFL and got screwed on a bogus tripping call that took points off the board and were victimized by fluke Defensive scores. I am not trying to convince you because you know, deep down inside, that this team is alot further along than GB is.

Fluke, bogus, and you think deep down inside I feel the Packers are farther than the Vikings? You need to read more before you make such heinous statements. I've stated more than once that the Vikings were the team to beat in our division and are a CONTENDER for the Super Bowl. Where have I said that about the Packers?
Offline Formo  
#140 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:17:37 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
To be honest, it looks like Z2C and DD80 are arguing the same point.. Damn it's confusing. lol
Rss Feed