Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#91 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:31:11 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
6 pages? What is this, a Vikings forum? ;)

So much for the hammering how great it is not to worry about whether Favre retires or not!

There's a HUGE difference Engineer.
I can write on this thread, and no matter which way ol' Brett goes, doesn't make me happy OR upset. I can laugh about it.
When it was "us" going through it every year, it affected me.
If he does or doesn't, it won't affect "my" team.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:44:44 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.

I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline flep  
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:59:24 PM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

Frankly???

I don't give a crap as you US brethren say.

All I do care about

And this may upset some here

I actuallly have grown to like Vikesrule, Formo, Martsco and all other vikings fans that post here.

And all other teams fan as well

(You included Polargrizz)

They are true football fans

I love this site and I enjoy the will he won;'t here retire threads

BRING IT ON

We've got 8 months of shit
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline Cheesey  
#94 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:05:45 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

I heard about the Vikings interest in McNabb last night. They sure do like their 'retreads", don't they?
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#95 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:14:14 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 695

I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline flep  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:23:45 PM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Brett got the Vikes to the NFC Championship

Far better than for quite some time

Retire?

Play on?

I don't care any more

Whatever he does it's up to him

Isn't it????

I support the Pack

Brett was the best ever QB to play for the Pack

The best ever QB to play (full stop)

If he plays next season. he plays next season.

He will always be in my opinion the best ever, ever player in the NFL

UserPostedImage

Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#97 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:24:16 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!

As a Packers fan, I would love for the Vikes to take either Tebow or McCoy - that'll work out just fine for us.

I'm betting Brett'll let y'all know in short order, as I've already said - I'm close to betting he'll be back, so you'll have another year before you need to re-enter the "Good lord, what is that at QB?" doldrums.

Oh, and T-Jack>Rosenfart.
blank
Offline Formo  
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:25:37 PM(UTC)
Formo

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)
UserPostedImage
Offline flep  
#99 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:28:38 PM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

McNabb - Favre??

No contest

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#100 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:16:35 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 695

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)

Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. :)

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Cheesey  
#101 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:43:24 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

I don't know about BF being the "best" GB QB ever. Bart Starr lead the Packers to 5 championships in a 7 year span.
Of course that WAS a different time.
I'd say we were lucky to have 2 such QB's as Favre and Starr.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#102 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 1:12:24 AM(UTC)
Formo

McNabb - Favre??

No contest

No one's equating McNabb with Favre.

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. :)

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.

Keep crunching numbers and showing all those college drunkards how economy works.

=)
UserPostedImage
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#103 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:12:43 AM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

I don't know about Brett Favre being the "best" GB QB ever. Bart Starr lead the Packers to 5 championships in a 7 year span.
Of course that WAS a different time.
I'd say we were lucky to have 2 such QB's as Favre and Starr.

You got that right Cheesey. Was looking at Starr's stats the other day and especially playoffs he's one of the most underated as most old time greats are. I may remember wrong but he still holds the top playoff pass rating with an unbelievable 1 int
Rss Feed