Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:33:19 AM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 27

Where to begin?
UserPostedImage
Offline WhatHappensNow  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:35:12 AM(UTC)
WhatHappensNow

How about...
INThe beginning...
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:45:32 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

Will he retire???
Will he NOT retire???
Will he UNretire if he retires???
Will he retire after saying he's not retiring???
Will he retire AGAIN when he retires and unretires???
"As the FAVRE flops" now in it's 10th year, on FOX.
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:46:54 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I hope he jerks them around even more than last year. I hope he turns the whole damn Vikings organization into his own personal puppet show. If he says he's not going to play, I think he can still string them along at least until October. And if Childress says that Favre is definitely not coming back, it means nothing, because he lied about it last time.

The cherry on top of it all is that Favre got his bald-headed chauffer a nice big contract extension before throwing away the Vikings' chance at a Super Bowl.
blank
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:51:23 AM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 27

Favre said Pre-Game he already made his decision but will not announce till after the game if they loose. Hmm...

So that means nothing
UserPostedImage
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:52:48 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

I have to think that Favre does not want to go out on that INT being his last play... he still looked like he had something left in the tank... I could see him return one more year because the Vikings are a Superbowl Caliber team that should improve through the draft... they're really talented.

It'd be unbelievable though if Favre ended up changing his last play ... the hilarity that would be!
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:53:45 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

I think ...
He'll miss ota and training camp rehabbing his bum wheel ... then pick up the ball in the preseason

vikings also draft a qb in the first three rounds to sit behind him for the year

after season is done, he signs a one day contract to retire as a 'packer'.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:58:16 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I hope he jerks them around even more than last year. I hope he turns the whole damn Vikings organization into his own personal puppet show. If he says he's not going to play, I think he can still string them along at least until October. And if Childress says that Favre is definitely not coming back, it means nothing, because he lied about it last time.

The cherry on top of it all is that Favre got his bald-headed chauffer a nice big contract extension before throwing away the Vikings' chance at a Super Bowl.

+100...how satisfying is it to see him jerk around our arch rivals, and end up with the same heart-wrenching conclusion he so often subjected us to.
Offline bigfog  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 2:33:14 AM(UTC)
bigfog

So glad to not have to worry about this crap any longer.

Enjoy it Vikes fans. Skol! LOL
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 2:34:57 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

"Consistant"......that's what i call it.
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 5:52:47 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

I suppose it's up to the Vikings as much as Favre. Childress may not want him back. I don't know why, as he is the reason or the main reason why they got as far as they did, but their styles don't mesh that well.

I refuse to guess what he'll do. Those hits he took in this game were pretty nasty.
Offline djcubez  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 6:31:08 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Those hits he took in this game were pretty nasty.

It's funny, he said he knew exactly what he was going to do before this game and now he's not sure. I pretty much thought he had his mind up that he'd play again but after those hits, man you almost have to take time to think lol.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 7:42:54 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Naturally. The Saints gave the entire league a nasty blueprint for how to brutalize him and disrupt his game.
UserPostedImage
Offline Silentio  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:36:45 PM(UTC)
Silentio

Applause Received: 36

I've been saying he was done for good for three years, so now I'm changing my tune.

I think he will say he's coming back, then he'll nurse his ankle injury through OTAs, training camp, and maybe the first pre-season game, then pick it up again. The man can obviously still play. The totality of the game last night, interception and all, show that he's the same old Favre. The Vikings would be stupid not to accept him back under whatever terms he desires.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:38:30 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364

By implication, then, the Packers would be too?
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:42:06 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161

Tarvaris Jackson vs Aaron Rodgers. It's about your other options here. The Packers had one, the Vikes don't.
UserPostedImage
Offline Silentio  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:44:33 PM(UTC)
Silentio

The Vikings don't have an Aaron Rodgers sitting on the bench. #differentteams.
blank
Offline MassPackersFan  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:44:39 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Favre Watch 2010 will be the best Favre Watch ever!
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:47:26 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

I've been saying he was done for good for three years, so now I'm changing my tune.

I think he will say he's coming back, then he'll nurse his ankle injury through OTAs, training camp, and maybe the first pre-season game, then pick it up again. The man can obviously still play. The totality of the game last night, interception and all, show that he's the same old Favre. The Vikings would be stupid not to accept him back under whatever terms he desires.

There's one other thing to consider. All you had to do was hear quotes from Deanna and watch her during the game last night to see what this continued drama is doing to her. He can obviously still play, but his body WILL break down, I guarantee it. It'll just get worse and worse to watch.
UserPostedImage
Offline Silentio  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:49:32 PM(UTC)
Silentio

There's one other thing to consider. All you had to do was hear quotes from Deanna and watch her during the game last night to see what this continued drama is doing to her. He can obviously still play, but his body WILL break down, I guarantee it. It'll just get worse and worse to watch.

This is true, of course. But I'm tired of being sure he'll retire and then having him retire and then having him unretire. So, fuck it. He's coming back. That's how I'm dealing with it this offseason.
blank
Offline MontanaBob  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:24:59 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

"First he says he do, and then he don't,
And then he says he will and then he won't.
Oh Mr. Brett Favre just whatta you gonna do?"

"He says he's gonna quit, and that's his word,
But he's back at training camp just like a bird,
Oh, Mr. Brett Favre just whatta you gonna do?"
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline 4PackGirl  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:36:43 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

and yet deanna was VERY vocal about wanting brett to play again...be careful whatcha wish for.

brett's lucky he didn't get injured & i hope to God he decides to retire before something bad happens. he needs to prove nothing else, imo.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:52:52 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

My prediction (which, if you add three bucks to it, you might still get a cup of coffee):

Favre reports to the first offseason workout/minicamp with serious attitude. Announces he has a contract with the Vikings and is completing it, and will retire after the 2011 Super Bowl.

The media, not listening carefully, construes this as a prediction that the Vikings will win the 2011 Super Bowl. Carefully manipulating them with his "aw shucks" attitude, Favre lets them keep this impression and enjoys his "victory tour" through the league without any stupid questions about retirement until the Vikings 2010 season is over.

After the Viking season is over (one-and-out-in-the-playoffs, thanks to more Adrian Peterson fumbles and useless DBs for the Vikings), Favre deflects all questions with "I said I'm retiring after the Super Bowl," thereby guaranteeing him even more victory tour stuff, appearances with Jim Rome, Jim Nance, and forty-seven other sports commentators named Jim, makes the NFL happy by appearing at his last Pro Bowl, throwing three TDs to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Sidney Rice, and thereby the day after says, "Yes, I'm going out on top."

The End.

(the above story is a Wishful Thinking, Ltd Production)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline dfosterf  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 2:24:30 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 429

All I know (and have known) is that whatever he says, there are going to be a lot of people that do not believe it.

This is a good thing for Packer fans. Hopefully he will say he is retiring.

The Vikings will have no choice but to make decisions in the draft, etc. based on that pronouncement, including chewing up a draft pick, possibly making overtures to Donovan, etc.

In a perfect world, the Vikings would acquire McNabb, along with using a 1st round draft choice, and then have Brett change his mind and decide to come back for one more shot at it.

I would enjoy watching just exactly how the Minnesota Vikings as an organization would handle that scenario.

The only one better is if he says he is going to play one more year. The Vikings don't acquire a McNabb, they DO go ahead and draft a QB, and stand pat at the position, possibly losing Tavaris Jackson in the process.

In a perfect world, Brett would then announce that it is just too much, and that he has decided to retire after all. I would be interested to see what everyone thinks about how the Vikings would handle that situation.

As you can see by a couple of examples, this just might not suck for us, :tongue3: , and I see NO WAY that it isn't going to provide for some serious entertainment, and we as fans damn sure already paid the admission price, regardless of our personal feelings about Brett Favre the player and/or how he was handled/treated etc. by us. If it is a disruptive force to the Vikings, well, I'm all for that. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

If I were him, I'd think about giving it another year - hell, they were damn close to getting there, and would certainly be prohibitive favorites next season. Then I'd try to get out of bed the morning after the game and I'd be all "fuck that noise - holy hell, that hurts!" and I would retire on the spot.

As for what he'll really do - who the hell knows? What I do know is that's a Vikings problem these days, and they're welcome to it.
blank
Rss Feed