Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#91 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:31:11 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 426
Applause Received: 597
" said: Go to Quoted Post
6 pages? What is this, a Vikings forum? ;)

So much for the hammering how great it is not to worry about whether Favre retires or not!

There's a HUGE difference Engineer.
I can write on this thread, and no matter which way ol' Brett goes, doesn't make me happy OR upset. I can laugh about it.
When it was "us" going through it every year, it affected me.
If he does or doesn't, it won't affect "my" team.
Offline Formo  
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:44:44 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!
Offline flep  
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:59:24 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 63
Frankly???

I don't give a crap as you US brethren say.


All I do care about


And this may upset some here

I actuallly have grown to like Vikesrule, Formo, Martsco and all other vikings fans that post here.

And all other teams fan as well

(You included Polargrizz)

They are true football fans

I love this site and I enjoy the will he won;'t here retire threads

BRING IT ON

We've got 8 months of shit
Offline Cheesey  
#94 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:05:45 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 426
Applause Received: 597
I heard about the Vikings interest in McNabb last night. They sure do like their 'retreads", don't they?
Offline Wade  
#95 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:14:14 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance
Applause Given: 783
Applause Received: 792
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)
Offline flep  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:23:45 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 63
Brett got the Vikes to the NFC Championship

Far better than for quite some time

Retire?


Play on?

I don't care any more

Whatever he does it's up to him

Isn't it????


I support the Pack

Brett was the best ever QB to play for the Pack

The best ever QB to play (full stop)

If he plays next season. he plays next season.

He will always be in my opinion the best ever, ever player in the NFL
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#97 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:24:16 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!



As a Packers fan, I would love for the Vikes to take either Tebow or McCoy - that'll work out just fine for us.

I'm betting Brett'll let y'all know in short order, as I've already said - I'm close to betting he'll be back, so you'll have another year before you need to re-enter the "Good lord, what is that at QB?" doldrums.

Oh, and T-Jack>Rosenfart.
Offline Formo  
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:25:37 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)
Offline flep  
#99 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:28:38 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 63
McNabb - Favre??

No contest
Offline Wade  
#100 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:16:35 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance
Applause Given: 783
Applause Received: 792
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)


Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. :)

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.
Offline Cheesey  
#101 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:43:24 AM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 426
Applause Received: 597
I don't know about BF being the "best" GB QB ever. Bart Starr lead the Packers to 5 championships in a 7 year span.
Of course that WAS a different time.
I'd say we were lucky to have 2 such QB's as Favre and Starr.
Offline Formo  
#102 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 1:12:24 AM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
McNabb - Favre??

No contest


No one's equating McNabb with Favre.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)


Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. :)

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.


Keep crunching numbers and showing all those college drunkards how economy works.

=)
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#103 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:12:43 AM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't know about Brett Favre being the "best" GB QB ever. Bart Starr lead the Packers to 5 championships in a 7 year span.
Of course that WAS a different time.
I'd say we were lucky to have 2 such QB's as Favre and Starr.


You got that right Cheesey. Was looking at Starr's stats the other day and especially playoffs he's one of the most underated as most old time greats are. I may remember wrong but he still holds the top playoff pass rating with an unbelievable 1 int
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<567
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Fun. Took a few tweaks, but I like it. Upgraded work laptop too.
gbguy20 (16h) : how is it? still sitting on my download.
Zero2Cool (30-Jul) : Windows. 10. Baby!
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Get it going!
gbguy20 (29-Jul) : press conferences galore today and yesterday, new jersey unveiled WHAT ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT
gbguy20 (29-Jul) : First practice is tomorrow, why have i seen literally no talk about this on the forum?
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Steelers August 23 game vs. Green Bay moved to 1 p.m.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : I was saying before it would be awesome if he did a story a week on YouTube or something.
Cheesey (22-Jul) : They should make a DVD of just stories from the "Favre years". It would be awesome!
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : That was really awesome. I wish more stories were told.
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Wanna watch it?
dhazer (18-Jul) : Packers all day including the ceremony tonight in chat
dhazer (18-Jul) : why doesnt this work
Smokey (18-Jul) : less posting = less abuse
gbguy20 (18-Jul) : smokey lives
Smokey (17-Jul) : Perfect ?
Zero2Cool (17-Jul) : Perfect time to clean the shouty boxy ;-)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl 50
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

20h / Announcements / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter