Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.
Formo  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:35:20 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.
The_Green_Ninja  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.


THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Sorry.
zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:21:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.
Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:21:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.


I seen far more flops with the Vikings than the Jets. I can't remember any time with the Jets, but I remember some distinctly with the Vikings. Mainly because it surprised the hell out of me as I never really figured him to be a guy to just flop like that. It was reminiscent of the Strahan sack years ago.
Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:26:50 PM(UTC)
Zero is right, of course. Particularly early in the season, I couldn't believe how often Favre was going down with minimal contact or no contact at all. He seemed to be avoiding contact at all costs.
Pack93z  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:30:32 PM(UTC)
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.
vikesrule  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:14:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.


You mean a "pair of defeats" that produce a smug look like this......... ::wink:

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:04:30 PM(UTC)
Well, whether we like it or not, that there is pretty funny.
Gravedigga  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13:31 PM(UTC)
Brett doesnt need to break tackles. Guys are afraid to hit him because they only hurt themselves. Ask Demarcus Ware about that. Plus, all he has to do is give them that Southern Eye and they wet their pants and run crying.
zombieslayer  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:19:57 PM(UTC)
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.
Formo  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:00:34 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.


LOL
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Longest current winning streaks in the NFL: 3-49ers, Cowboys, Jaguars 2-Panthers, Lions, Eagles, Bills, Broncos, Chiefs
Zero2Cool (16h) : NFL. Done. 2018 I wait.
hardrocker950 (16h) : Raiders lose due to fumble in the end zone
Zero2Cool (17h) : @zachkruse2 Nick Perry has almost as many injuries (4) as sacks (7) in the first year of his $60M deal. Hand, foot, shoulder and now ankle.
Zero2Cool (18h) : sommbitch ... my game feed crapped out
Zero2Cool (19h) : Allison wasn't going to the ground though.
beast (19h) : Allison fumble, and that touchdown were the same play... either both should be catches or both should be drops
beast (19h) : That's a touchdown! ... he lost control of the ball after crosing the goaline
beast (19h) : He caught the ball and crossed the goaline UNTOUCHED!
dhazer (19h) : well we made the Panthers owner sell the team lol
dhazer (19h) : beast it did not take a touchdown away, by the rule you must maintain control of the ball so he didnt catch the ball so it was not a td
Zero2Cool (19h) : And there it is... Panthers up for sale after end of season
beast (20h) : NFL catch rule screwed the Steelers... took a TD away from them
beast (20h) : Steelers got screwed by the NFL rule...
hardrocker950 (22h) : Antonio Brown injured
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : If this is an incomplete pass in the Seahawks game I am pissed
hardrocker950 (17-Dec) : That number will likely shrink a lot after this weekend
Zero2Cool (17-Dec) : Damarious Randall and Josh Hawkins as the defense's top cornerbacks today.
Zero2Cool (17-Dec) : 24 teams are still alive for playoffs in week 15...
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : We have a winner! Zero tell Smokey what he has won! :)
Zero2Cool (17-Dec) : that's the guy who wanted chagne of scenery i suppose
Zero2Cool (17-Dec) : Marvin Lewis’ plans to leave his job as Bengals’ HC after this season
Zero2Cool (17-Dec) : Packers have been using the 4-3 for awhile on defense.
Smokey (17-Dec) : Tears for Fears
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : Shout! Shout! Let it all out! Who sang it?
yooperfan (17-Dec) : Game time weather: 48, PC wind sw at 4mph
yooperfan (17-Dec) : "RUN THE TABLE"
yooperfan (17-Dec) : Rise and shine Packers fans!
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : THAT BAAAAAAAD MAN IS BACK!
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : GAMEDAY! #assesagainstthewall!
buckeyepackfan (17-Dec) : GOOD MORNING PACKER FANS!
Mucky Tundra (17-Dec) : when did Saturday games become a thing again?
gbguy20 (17-Dec) : Fucking game isn't on tv in MN
beast (17-Dec) : Wait, why are you starting Christmas shopping early? ;p
Smokey (17-Dec) : Been there, finished that .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

59m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines