PackersHome name: Arrigo
Real Name (first only): Joe
Age: 32 (April 18th)
Current City: Corona/Riverside
Hometown: Upland Ca. (but born in Milwaukee)
Occupation: Radio Host
1) How did you choose your screen name?
It is my last name (ah-REE-go)
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I grew up in Upland Ca. I also lived in Pasadena Ca and near Palm Springs after I got married. I am married with 3 kids (10, 9 & 8). My grandfather started the Vince Lombardi Football Conference in Wisconsin in the 70's but shut it down after 2 years because he found the Treasurer was stealing money. Rather then go public w/ it and has a black eye on the Lombardi name he decided to shut it down. Now over 25,000 football teams that started in the V.L.C. is active in the state of Wisconsin.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
I played baseball, football, basketball and track in H.S. and football and baseball in college.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
Being the first male in my family to graduate H.S. I as also the valedictorian. But I think just living with my grandparents was the fondest memory.
5) What was your first job?
Show salesmen @ Montgomery Wards (that lasted 3 weeks).
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
I watched a Packers/Bears game when I was 3 and fell in love w/ the Packers uniforms. I also loved Lynn Dickey and James Lofton (as a young boy).
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
I have a couple, seeing them play the L.A. Rams (in person) in 91, 84 and 88. Going to the playoff game in AZ this past January (10'), but I would say watching them win the Super Bowl in 96'.
8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?
Browsing various Packers fans sites.
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
Yankees, Dodgers, Brewers, Lakers, USC athletics, L.A. Kings (cuz' I have to have a hockey team).
10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
Spending it w/ my family, Xbox 360, writing on my site, http://joeslockerroom.com
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
I would love to be the G.M. (Sorry ted Thompson).
12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
13) What is your worst fear?
Going to hell. But losing my family (wife & kids) to death.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
sports, xbox, music, T.V.
15) Whats your favorite food?
16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.
I have been all over, but I would say California is special. Sunshine, beaches, snow, mountains and that is in the winter!
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Go to Hawaii with my wife for a couple weeks. I would also like to go to Italy for a while. But if it was just me, I would want to go to Lambeau for 1 game to watch the Packers in person @ home.
18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Where ever the lord wants me. But Newport Beach is where I want to retire. I LOVE the beach and am a beach bum!
19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.
Sterling Sharpe: He is my all-time favorite. He was the total package at WR.
Greg Jennings: Jennings is a class act on and off the field. Plays the game the way it should be played.
LeRoy Butler: I followed him at FSU and was glad the Packers drafted him in round 2. He was a complete player and leader.
Reggie White: Do I have to say more.
Lynn Dickey: My 1st favorite Packer.
20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?
21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.