Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gijoe82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 5:05:57 AM(UTC)
gijoe82

Applause Received: 1

For those of you who dont know me around here, I am a Northern California resident. So I have never seen Lambeau. This up coming season the Niners play a game in GB and I am trying to talk a few friends into traveling to hallowed Lambeau. They of course in there Niners gear and me of course wearing number 12 in Green and Gold.
So,... my questions are for you locals. Where do we stay? Do we stay in GB? Somewhere outside the city? I dont want to sound like money is no option, but we are old enough to pass on the $60 motels.
How easy, or difficult is it to get tickets (I think it will be 3 of us). Anybody know anyone who sells tickets. Good seats bad seats? Where to sit? Any advice tips or other suggestions would be keen. TIA - gijoe82
blank
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 6:02:14 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

If you are planning on buying tickets out on the sidewalk before the game it is going to be a bit tougher if you are buying 3. They don't like to split up pairs and will charge you extra in order to do so.
call me Dan
Online Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 6:12:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

If you need a fourth, I'll bite the bullet and ... I suppose I'll go with. Geez.

haha

I'd hit up the hotel's around the GB area because the GB hotels are normally booked solid.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 12:53:43 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,641
Applause Received: 656

Might be cheaper to stay in Appleton and drive up. Dunno. Here are some old usenet posts about what to do in Green Bay for first timers.

http://groups.google.com...kavarna#06da8330685d7aac

http://groups.google.com...kavarna#7f1117b49f4b2154

http://groups.google.com...kavarna#842736e024fe8cd0
the bar is cool. never actually been to curley's.
restaurants: maria's: on broadway. authentic mexican. cafe espresso, on
washington. the loveliest waitresses around. angelina's. not sure what
street, right downtown. theyre only open some of the time. the wellington
is all right if youre kind of stuck up. there's some taverns on bay
settlement road that have great fish fries. you can try victoria's too, on
bay settlement. kind of a nice place to bring a first date.
kavarna is cool if you want to hook up with young, fashionable homosexual
boys. (sorry wailin, they dont have vending machines.) whats that place on
bellevue that has really good pizza?
i usually party at peoples houses and shit like that, when i do. im not
much of a taverngoer, per se. there's a lot of places on main street on the
east side where the young 'uns tend to congregate.
try the hinterland brewery, although it's pricey. whats that old railroad
station down on the river? never been there, but they tell me it's nice.
ill ask around for new years' party locales. is za's still around? heh.
take your girlfriend to SASS, on broadway. heheheh.
nerdmann

http://groups.google.com...kavarna#4f279fe5a4d0f4f4
go to KROLLS across the street from the stadium on ridge road. also go to
BRETT FAVRES STEAK HOUSE. there are some things to do in the green bay area with kids, such as the NEW ZOO, NEVILLE MUSEUM, WIEDNER CENTER (they usually have shows.) PACKER HALL OF FAME.
one big thing in the area now are dinner theatres. you go to eat and see a
play. (the pitcher show movie theatre has turned into a gay bar.)
go to CAFE ESPRESSO on washington street on the east side for the hottest waitresses. go to kavarna on broadway if you want the daintiest young gay men. oh yeah, BAY BEACH AMUSEMENT PARK will be open soon. tickets for rides are like 10-20 cents. oh yeah and near that is the WILDLIFE SANCTUARY. and now they have all those go cart and miniature golf things across the street from bay beach, but those arent part of bay beach itself and are more expensive.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 2:02:17 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

the last time i went to lambeau field i stayed at the green bay aloft. great hotel and around $80, very cheap for gamedays. they also offer a 24h shuttle service to lambeau field. i'll be back there for sure.

you can order tickets at packerfantours.com, unfortunately not at face value.
blank
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:44:03 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,049
Applause Received: 1,481

I usually stay down in Appleton and drive up for the game. Park on the street and wander around town before the game.
UserPostedImage

Will you follow me, one last time?
Offline get_louder_at_lambeau  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:33:40 AM(UTC)
get_louder_at_lambeau

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 22

If you want a hotel room right near Lambeau, you have to order the day the shedule comes out. I think a room within a couple blocks goes for a couple hundred or so, and I think there's a two night minimum for most/all of them near the stadium.

Tickets for a SF game shouldn't be TOO bad on the resale market, since they aren't a rival, unless it's the home opener. You can usually get decent seats for $100-150 for most games.
Offline gbguy20  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:46:16 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

If it's your first time at lambeau a trip thru the hall of fame and dinner at curly's pub is more than worth it, both really add to the experience. It gets expensive though so once is probably all you will need.
call me Dan
Offline get_louder_at_lambeau  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:03:36 PM(UTC)
get_louder_at_lambeau

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 22

The stadium tour is worth it too. It's not too much money ($11) and you get to enter the field through the players' tunnel. It runs the day before and after games.
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:33:42 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,077

Where are you flying into? If Central Wisconsin Airport.. the traffic is lighter on Hwy 29.. making getting back out of Green Bay quicker..

Wausau is only a hour and a half away on 29 these days and you could get a ton more room for your money..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline gijoe82  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:22:25 AM(UTC)
gijoe82

Applause Received: 1

Thanks guys for all of your help and advice. Nothing (obviously with the schedule not even being out) is set in stone for us. I work agriculture so if its an earlier season game it might be a no go. I am hoping its in the month of October. Good month for me and the weather. If the weather is good, I am thinking of flying myself out there!
I will keep everyone updated. I expect to meet some of you if we do make it! And Zero, I owe you at least a beer for hosting this site and the games every week!
blank
Online nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:05:47 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,641
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Thanks guys for all of your help and advice. Nothing (obviously with the schedule not even being out) is set in stone for us. I work agriculture so if its an earlier season game it might be a no go. I am hoping its in the month of October. Good month for me and the weather. If the weather is good, I am thinking of flying myself out there!
I will keep everyone updated. I expect to meet some of you if we do make it! And Zero, I owe you at least a beer for hosting this site and the games every week!

Wausau also has skiing, if there's snow.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online IronMan  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:07:55 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 91

I usually stay at the Bay Motel and Restaurant when I go to Green Bay. Its the best value I have found. Its $100 a night for the first two nights, and $45 for each night after that. It is also only one mile from Lambeau. (15 minute walk).
As for tickets, I would only use the local ticket brokers like Titletown Tickets, Packer Fan Tours, and the Ticket King. They won't rip you off. Stubhub is also safe, as they have a "fan protection" ticket guarantee.
Rss Feed