Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:30:49 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I do make my own leagues. But I like to participate in other people's leagues too. I've actually changed my mind and I want to participate in this year's league. I just hope I can be there for the draft. I wasn't last year and I was stuck with a mediocre team that got trounced from the first week.
UserPostedImage
Offline djcubez  
#32 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 1:47:58 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Its called once you draft Zero your pretty much doing anything for your team Zero. If you would have been in the Espn league you would have seen how boring it actually was. You had really no way of making your team better after the draft because all the players were drafted. But its your league and I wish the the best with it, but I can almost guarantee that bye week 4 over 1/2 the teams won't be active. Hell I wasn't even active in the ESPN league I set my starting lineup and left it till the bye weeks started.

The bolded part I agree with 100%. It really sucked lol.

Remember the QB situation I mentioned earlier in this thread?
I looked back on my team last season and the last week I started Kellen Clemens. He didn't even play. My TE David Thomas was a THIRD STRING tight end.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 1:54:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,029

It's just a matter of opinion. Like I said, I generally play in about 5-8 fantasy leagues each year and each one has something different to offer, perhaps something like this. I was just saying that I find smaller super active leagues to be the most enjoyable.

I fully agree a more active league is far more fun. There's nothing worse than waiting for someone to accept/decline a trade. It kind of holds ya hostage. Do you pick up a FA? Wait for an answer? That drove me nuts last year. lol

[size=18]PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST, IT'S BEEN UPDATED![/size]

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Rockmolder  
#34 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 1:58:48 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

Its called once you draft Zero your pretty much doing anything for your team Zero. If you would have been in the Espn league you would have seen how boring it actually was. You had really no way of making your team better after the draft because all the players were drafted. But its your league and I wish the the best with it, but I can almost guarantee that bye week 4 over 1/2 the teams won't be active. Hell I wasn't even active in the ESPN league I set my starting lineup and left it till the bye weeks started.

I looked back on my team last season and the last week I started Kellen Clemens. He didn't even play. My TE David Thomas was a THIRD STRING tight end.

I didn't have this problem that much. I went with Carson Palmer who did surprisingly well. What I noticed, though, is that some people hogged QBs. Something that I didn't mind at all. Funny thing, though, no one was trading.

If you go into this league and hog up QBs, you expect to strike some deals. Yet, no one was actually making any moves. FA is fun and all, but I don't want to be in a league where we're playing with 6 guys and have 10 solid starting QBs on the waiver wire every week. It just isn't real and isn't fun. The draft should make out for a lot of what your team looks like. And then, if you're not happy, you make some trades and pick up some FAs.

I was in that same ESPN league and after nearly every game the waiver wire shifted a lot. I was one of the last guys on the waiver wire and nearly never got the first 3 guys I wanted. Foster was nearly yanking people into the Live Chat, but no one wanted to make any trades.

Now 24 is a lot, I agree, but I didn't think that 20 was too horrible a number. Maybe go back a little to 16. That looks like the perfect size to me.

In the end, the thing that will keeps this league active or not will be whether people can show up for the draft or not. If you've missed the draft, you can just as well quit the team, because it won't be fun anymore. At least, that's how I see it.
UserPostedImage
Offline fudge-packer  
#35 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 2:22:46 AM(UTC)
fudge-packer

100% in friday n sat good for me. will this be on espn or like nfl.com or something?
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#36 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 2:43:04 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

I'm in
Offline djcubez  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 4:40:31 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

I didn't have this problem that much. I went with Carson Palmer who did surprisingly well. What I noticed, though, is that some people hogged QBs. Something that I didn't mind at all. Funny thing, though, no one was trading.

If you go into this league and hog up QBs, you expect to strike some deals. Yet, no one was actually making any moves. FA is fun and all, but I don't want to be in a league where we're playing with 6 guys and have 10 solid starting QBs on the waiver wire every week. It just isn't real and isn't fun. The draft should make out for a lot of what your team looks like. And then, if you're not happy, you make some trades and pick up some FAs.

I was in that same ESPN league and after nearly every game the waiver wire shifted a lot. I was one of the last guys on the waiver wire and nearly never got the first 3 guys I wanted. Foster was nearly yanking people into the Live Chat, but no one wanted to make any trades.

Now 24 is a lot, I agree, but I didn't think that 20 was too horrible a number. Maybe go back a little to 16. That looks like the perfect size to me.

In the end, the thing that will keeps this league active or not will be whether people can show up for the draft or not. If you've missed the draft, you can just as well quit the team, because it won't be fun anymore. At least, that's how I see it.

I think 12 is alright. If we do go up as high as 16 we should definitely put a maximum of 2 QB's and 2 DEF's per roster unless one of the QB's is on IR.

I also remember never having the position on the waiver wire. My starting QB last year was Cassel who was injured for a good amount of the season or just sucked. I never was able to pick up a QB that actually started for a team it was disappointing. It also was annoying to gamble between two second-string RB's hoping the starter got hurt or didn't hog the carries.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 12:35:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Thinking the max size would have to be 16 so everyone can have two QB, K and Def. I don't see how the scoring system could be manipulated to counter that issue.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:59:46 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I have not updated the initial post as of this minute. I will with more information.

Going to have two leagues prepared for members. Each league will have a max of 12 teams. There will be one winner to be determined later. I have an idea in my pea sized brain, but gotta make sure it's fair and reasonable. :)

Scoring and Roster summary to come later.

UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#40 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:03:49 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

Sounds good!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:38:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I'll finish this later after I watch this movie.

If we have more than 12 members join, we'll utilize the second league created.

We'll take the winner of each league and determine the winner. The winner of league 1 and league 2 will be compared by total points. The team that has the most points between those two teams will be the PackersHome FF Chump, err Champ.

I'll put more thought into this later tonight too. Feel free to give your thoughts.

Out of the box THINKING ... (this is NOT set in stone, but posted for YOUR thoughts too) I'm thinking 10 players active, 5 player bench? This would be to avoid members from stockpiling talent and keep the league fun for all.

Share your thoughts on these thoughts.
A, determine winner of the two league champions by ??
ME: I think overall point total between the two teams should decide the winner.

B, is 12 teams enough per league?
ME: I think 12-14 should be the limit

C, time for the draft is set for August 21st @8pm EST
ME: works for me ... you?

D, thinking of having one defensive player available (DB or LB or DL)
ME: I'd like to have one defender, DB specifically

So, there's my two cent thoughts. I'll go watch my movie, read your thoughts and try to finalize some things.

The_Green_Ninja, I need you to PM me that you're alive.

UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 3:23:09 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

Are we going Yahoo or ESPN again?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 3:38:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Neither sir. FleaFlicker :)

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 3:42:09 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Code:
Passing    
Rule    Apply To
2 extra points when total Passing Completions is greater than or equal to 25    ALL
1 point for every 20 Passing Yards (0.05 per)    ALL
1 extra point when total Passing Yards is greater than or equal to 300    ALL
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Passing    ALL
4 points for every Passing TD    ALL
4 extra points for every Passing TD of 80 or more yards    ALL
2 extra points for every Passing TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)    ALL
-2 points for every Interception    ALL

Rushing    
2 extra points when total Rushing Attempts is greater than or equal to 30    ALL
1 point for every 10 Rushing Yards (0.1 per)    ALL
1 extra point when total Rushing Yards is greater than or equal to 150    ALL
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Rushing    ALL
6 points for every Rushing TD    ALL
4 extra points for every Rushing TD of 80 or more yards    ALL
2 extra points for every Rushing TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)    ALL

Receiving    
2 extra points when total Catches is greater than or equal to 9    ALL
1 point for every 10 Receiving Yards (0.1 per)    ALL
1 extra point when total Receiving Yards is greater than or equal to 150    ALL
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Receiving    ALL
6 points for every Receiving TD    ALL
4 extra points for every Receiving TD of 80 or more yards    ALL
2 extra points for every Receiving TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)    ALL

Kicking    
3 points for every FG Made    ALL
3 extra points for every FG of 50 or more yards    ALL
1 extra point for every FG between 40 and 49 yards (inclusive)    ALL
1 point for every XP    ALL

Returning    
6 points for every Kick Return TD    ALL
6 points for every Punt Return TD    ALL

Other    
-1 point for every Fumble    ALL
-1 point for every Fumble Lost    ALL

Defense    
1 point for every Solo Tackle    QB, RB, WR, TE, K, LB
2 points for every Interception    ALL
2 points for every Sack    ALL
2 points for every Fumble Forced    ALL
1 point for every Fumble Recovered    TM, LB
4 points for every Safety    ALL
6 points for every Defensive TD    ALL
4 extra points for every Defensive TD of 80 or more yards    ALL
2 extra points for every Defensive TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)    ALL
10 extra points when total Points Allowed is exactly 0    TM

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:41:56 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

If you need another owner, I'm down.
call me Dan
Rss Feed