Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhazer  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:03:45 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I think the Saints showed the league what to do to rattle him.
The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.
Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:06:16 PM(UTC)
He's Back!

Really.. didn't know that fact was even in doubt.. I truly believe he will play until nobody wants him on their team or he suffers a brutal injury that forces his hand. I pray for his sake it is the former.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:38:09 PM(UTC)

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.
Formo  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:37:25 PM(UTC)

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)

Karma? I thought karma already happened when that Lion guard chop blocked Allen? That's karma.
Formo  
#25 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:38:14 PM(UTC)
The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.

Yes. That's what hurts so much. Knowing how close that game was and still giving away the ball 5 times.
Rockmolder  
#26 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:41:53 PM(UTC)

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

Favre had 1 fumble, which they lost and 2 interceptions.

I know, you can't hold him accountable by himself, as the entire team was throwing it away, but it's obvious that the key is pressure.

What a surprise.
Formo  
#27 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:43:46 PM(UTC)

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

I know, you can't hold him accountable by himself, as the entire team was throwing it away, but it's obvious that the key is pressure.

What a surprise.

There was actually 7 fumbles. Stat line doesn't call one a fumble for some technical reason, but for all intents and purposes it was a fumble.
Rockmolder  
#28 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:45:47 PM(UTC)

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

What a surprise.

There was actually 7 fumbles. Stat line doesn't call one a fumble for some technical reason, but for all intents and purposes it was a fumble.

7. Ok. Still 3 lost, right? So, 5 turnovers. 3 on Favre. The fumble is arguable.

Fact remains, he threw 2 interceptions. Something he hadn't done all year. People where playing chicken defense in the hope of not getting cut up or giving up a big run.

Prime example is the Packers.

It's all about getting pressure on the QB. If you're going to bring 3 and 4, consistently, and you don't have a dominant line, 25/32 QBs in the league will find the gaps in the zone or receivers will get open in man.
Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:46:09 PM(UTC)

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

What a surprise.

So technically it wasn't a fumble.. right.

Silly Viking fans.. lol.
Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:08:07 PM(UTC)

Prime example is the Packers.

It's all about getting pressure on the QB. If you're going to bring 3 and 4, consistently, and you don't have a dominant line, 25/32 QBs in the league will find the gaps in the zone or receivers will get open in man.

Chicken and the egg debate again.. and I still contend at the end of the season.. LT, Banks, Carson, Pepper, and Marshall were not saving the Packers from the olay conference we played at the end of the season.. I have watched that Cardinal game enough times to make me sick.. pre-snap confusion and misalignment.. guys were open in less than three beats.. wide open.

But I also concede that we were piss poor in applying pressure.. and all season it put undue pressure on our secondary.
Formo  
#31 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:32:31 PM(UTC)

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

What a surprise.

So technically it wasn't a fumble.. right.

Silly Viking fans.. lol.

Ball hits turf = fumble, right? =)
vikesrule  
#32 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:40:14 PM(UTC)
....Silly Viking fans.. lol.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:41:34 PM(UTC)
....Silly Viking fans.. lol.

UserPostedImage

F(&% that hurts.. lol.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:26:58 AM(UTC)

Karma? I thought karma already happened when that Lion guard chop blocked Allen? That's karma.

Sorry my friend, the Cherilous hit, although cheap, was legal. The shit Jared did to Schaub was both cheap and illegal, hence the fines from the league office. Damn we haven't squabbled over this in awhile. The Karma I speak of is having someone go after your quarterback like Allen did on Schaub.
Formo  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:01:32 AM(UTC)

Sorry my friend, the Cherilous hit, although cheap, was legal. The shit Jared did to Schaub was both cheap and illegal, hence the fines from the league office. Damn we haven't squabbled over this in awhile. The Karma I speak of is having someone go after your quarterback like Allen did on Schaub.

Actually, shots Jared had on Schaub were PERFECTLY legal. Hence why he never got penalized. Yes he got fined, but because they looked intentional/cheap according to the league; the low hitting a QB rule didn't go into effect until the following offseason.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:31:42 PM(UTC)

Actually, shots Jared had on Schaub were PERFECTLY legal. Hence why he never got penalized. Yes he got fined, but because they looked intentional/cheap according to the league; the low hitting a QB rule didn't go into effect until the following offseason.

I know, it helps you sleep better at night when the penalties rules are created because of your dirty player instead of being called on the field at the time. Just like Fat Pat and Kevin are victims in their steroid masquing farce. Keep your Richie Blackmore goggles on Formo. And for the record, Jared's hits were not perfectly legal they were late and cheap, and should have been flagged.
Formo  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:25:08 PM(UTC)

I know, it helps you sleep better at night when the penalties rules are created because of your dirty player instead of being called on the field at the time. Just like Fat Pat and Kevin are victims in their steroid masquing farce. Keep your Richie Blackmore goggles on Formo. And for the record, Jared's hits were not perfectly legal they were late and cheap, and should have been flagged.

lol

Speaking of goggles.. You gotta take the green ones off. They were far from late. No later than any other knock down on a QB.

Pot calling the kettle black much?
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:17:27 PM(UTC)
BS Formo, I rip on my players all the time. Do you? Because you can't decifer those dirty ass plays by Jared, makes you a Ritchie Blackmore goggle wearing MF. I suppose Fat Pat and Kevin were just trying to cut 20 lbs the night before the weigh in and McKinnie needed that little extra edge of a metal pole to beat down a guy half his size.

BTW it's nice fighting with you again. Football season must be right around the corner.
Formo  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:49:08 AM(UTC)
BS Formo, I rip on my players all the time. Do you? Because you can't decifer those dirty ass plays by Jared, makes you a Ritchie Blackmore goggle wearing MF. I suppose Fat Pat and Kevin were just trying to cut 20 lbs the night before the weigh in and McKinnie needed that little extra edge of a metal pole to beat down a guy half his size.

BTW it's nice fighting with you again. Football season must be right around the corner.

I rip on McKinney all the time. I've never been a fan of him, and his off the field antics haven't gotten better. I've wanted him gone since the Love Boat.

Jared hasn't had a single off the field issue since moving playing as a Viking. He can play dirty all he wants. Some of the all time greats played like Allen. Butkus ring a bell? Face it, some of the best defensive players in the history of the NFL played like homing missiles on the ball carrier. If they got hurt.. Tough shit, it's football. As long as Allen stays away from the roads when drunk and puts up decent numbers, he's more than ok in my book. And despite the great information that Foster has pooled together with the Starcaps stuff with the Williams Wall, they still were not tested positive for any steroid, thus they are only guilty as such in the court of opinion. And frankly that court carries no weight.

You still call the kettle black homie.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:30:42 AM(UTC)

I rip on McKinney all the time. I've never been a fan of him, and his off the field antics haven't gotten better. I've wanted him gone since the Love Boat.

Jared hasn't had a single off the field issue since moving playing as a Viking. He can play dirty all he wants. Some of the all time greats played like Allen. Butkus ring a bell? Face it, some of the best defensive players in the history of the NFL played like homing missiles on the ball carrier. If they got hurt.. Tough shit, it's football. As long as Allen stays away from the roads when drunk and puts up decent numbers, he's more than ok in my book. And despite the great information that Foster has pooled together with the Starcaps stuff with the Williams Wall, they still were not tested positive for any steroid, thus they are only guilty as such in the court of opinion. And frankly that court carries no weight.

You still call the kettle black homie.

Thank you, you finally bucked up and admitted what I wanted you to 18 months ago. You must be a Norwegian boy, cause they are only people more stubborn than us Krauts. Go grow your mullet, oh year, Sampson cut his hair didn't he.
Rss Feed