You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:30:19 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

Maybe I'm naive but I don't get what the big deal is. So he told Shithead Ed about surgery. To me that's no more drama then all the people who make a big deal about this. Maybe I'm not into the gossip said of things enough
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:34:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'm naive but I don't get what the big deal is. So he told Shithead Ed about surgery. To me that's no more drama then all the people who make a big deal about this. Maybe I'm not into the gossip said of things enough

I think James is upset that Brett didn't go through him first and instead went to the media with it. Read the whole thing and you'll understand the context of it all.

Is it a big deal, nah, not really, nothing we haven't seen over the last decade.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:35:42 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

He's pissy because Favre didn't talk to reporters through him. That's what an agent does, right (besides negotiations w/ NFL teams)?

What I find funny is how everyone has a candid view into his (Favre's) brain and knows his every intentions.

So what are you saying, he isn't honest and forthcoming when he does all of these interviews/throws out all of these quotes? You mean he's actually a plotter when it comes to the media and we don't know his real intentions behind saying shit? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

What are you even saying?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:39:48 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Adam Schein seems like a weasel but I am compelled to post it.

http://msn.foxsports.com..._foxsports_videosgallery

If there is a better pay to post it then go ahead and change it.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:40:21 PM(UTC)
Formo

I think the reason we CAN say that about Favre, is his vast past history.
If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, chances are it's a duck.
It's not like this is the first times Favre has said/done things to get attention.

And seriously, i'm fine with that. It doesn't bother me one bit. So he's a drama queen. No big deal to me.
It just makes me laugh when people try to act like it's not so.
Oh....and P.C.......FUNNY line about LeBron!!!LOLOL!!!

Hey Zero.....can you give more insight into what you mean about Bus Cook? I'm serious. I don't really know alot about the guy.

I don't think he says these things to get attention. That's my point. People label him as a attention monger/drama queen/etc... but why? Because he's quoted/covered a ton in the media, right?

How do we know if he was seeking ESPN or other media outlets or if they are seeking him? We don't know the back story of any of these reports.

People can have their opinion on what they think Favre's intentions are... But to pass them off as truth.. That's where I take issues with.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mr_Bumpy  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:00:37 PM(UTC)
Mr_Bumpy

United States

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 7

Well, if Favre's a drama queen then that should help him fit in even better with the rest of the 'queens.
God's creation made new.
Offline Packers_Finland  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:16:16 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 44

Hey guys, we defended this guys antics for like 15 years, let Formo have his turn.
This is a placeholder
Offline Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:10:37 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

That's what i find so funny. When Favre was a packer, most (not all) Vikings fans were on us about Favre's yearly antics. Now that we wears purple, he's just "misunderstood" i guess! LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:21:56 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 124
Applause Received: 115

UserPostedImage

Great pic!

and Formo, c'mon. Did you ever see Barry Sanders, Aikman, Strahan, Warner, Manning, Brady, LT (etc.) playing this on again off again retirement drama game every offseason for 6-7 straight years?!?

No we don't know Brett personally, but I also don't need a proctologist to tell me what a turd looks like. It's clear as day that Favre is doing this for the love he gets from the Maddens of the world, and he's milking this ankle "injury" to save face for wanting to skip out on training camp (again)
Offline Formo  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:12:46 AM(UTC)
Formo

UserPostedImage

Great pic!

and Formo, c'mon. Did you ever see Barry Sanders, Aikman, Strahan, Warner, Manning, Brady, LT (etc.) playing this on again off again retirement drama game every offseason for 6-7 straight years?!?

No we don't know Brett personally, but I also don't need a proctologist to tell me what a turd looks like. It's clear as day that Favre is doing this for the love he gets from the Maddens of the world, and he's milking this ankle "injury" to save face for wanting to skip out on training camp (again)

And it is 'clear as day' that Packer fans love to make whoopie with sheep..

Get my point?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:17:08 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

UserPostedImage

Great pic!

And it is 'clear as day' that Packer fans love to make whoopie with sheep..

Get my point?

Nope. I have no idea what you are talking about. It must be one of those "Minnesota things."

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:20:09 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Here's what we know as fact: If Favre knew how to shut his yap, there wouldn't even be any comments about his "drama queen" status, correct?
Ask yourself this question: WHY do the "reporters" GO to Brett Favre? ANSWER: Because they KNOW he isn't capable of keeping his mouth shut!

Thus, if they need a story, just go to ol' "Jabber Jaws Favre" and you are guarenteed of something to write/talk about.
If he didn't DESIRE all the attention, he could shut it all down with just a few "No comment' statements.
But why SHOULD he, when he can get all this attention that he obviously likes?
How can i say it's OBVIOUS that he likes it? Cause HE has the power to shut it down, like i said, and he CHOOSES not too.

Seriously, because he's not a Packer anymore, i have NO feelings about it. In other words, i don't CARE how much drama he wants. We have our starting QB, and what BF does doesn't affect me anymore then what any QB of any of the other teams in the NFL does.
Now that it doesn't affect MY team, i can sit back and ENJOY the circus!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:54:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

I really haven't given this topic much thought recently, but now that it is back in our face, I have to really say I don't really give a damn if the Vikings allow themselves to be victimized here. A team is built by all players going through the same dog days of summer together, and if numbnuts is above that, how can he possibly be considered a teammate when in all actuality, he's nothing but a hired gun.

The bitch in this whole situation is Chilly. How in the hell can the boss command respect, when one of the players gets to pull this crap. Last year God was a free agent, and this year he is under contract and should be forced to report to all mandatory team activities. But I guess that only counts if you're one of the grunts. Hopefully one of those grunts takes a play or two off, allowing another opposing player a free shot. I'm pretty sure the rest of the players in the league are pretty tired of this song and dance and are ready to retire the Diva.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:12:01 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

True.....it HAS to tick off some of his "team mates". I mean, THEY don't get a free pass to miss mandatory workouts. It's PART OF THE JOB.
I'd say it's laziness, period.
Yes, i hear the old "he's been playing for SO long, he EARNED his being able to miss training camp." To that, i say BULL. He's still getting a paycheck, right? Should YOU be able to take off Monday through Thursday at your job, because you worked for 20 years? While the other workers work their collective butts off?
That shows you the attitude there. He thinks he's ABOVE all the work that is EXPECTED of a professional.
That's wrong. No matter WHO you are, in my view at least.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:40:19 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I understand what you are saying Cheesey but I would prob use a different word. I think Brett is a lot of things but not lazy. "entitled" in his opinion not doubt.

UserPostedImage