Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 4:29:46 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

At the end of this preseason.. whether he plays or not.. IMO.. still a 50% chance he plays (yes the Vikes will sweeten the pot because of fan pressure and that they put to much power in Brett's hands without a valid plan B)

That this will throw a major wrench in the Vikings team for this season..

If Brett comes back now.. one has to believe that some will be a hell of a lot less receptive this time around.

Two.. it is going to cause some type of knee jerk reaction by the Viking brass..

Three.. those Viking fans that went from hating his guts to worshiping him endlessly will start to doubt and possibly loathe him again.. openly and loudly.

Four.. it is much needed humor here in Green Bay, turning the table right round on our neighbors to the West. This is an awesome practical joke.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:16:09 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I suspect that Brett was feeling a little lonely because of the lack of media attention, with everyone thinking that he was going to come back for sure. The retirement announcement is a good way to put the spotlight back on him, and it will also make him look more "heroic" to his fans when he decides to play after all. Also, maybe this time he can miss the entire preseason instead of having to play those last couple games.

Agreed. LeBron and co. hogged the headlines all summer - he needs that attention, I'm convinced of it. Just going back as everyone expects isn't enough press - now he can "retire" and then un-retire at the very last second, ensuring all eyes on him for the next month or so.

You can bank on it - he'll be back in Purple this season.
blank
Offline dhpackr  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:26:05 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

i hope brett stays retired this time, i think he may regret coming back this year.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline Gravedigga  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:47:32 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Official word out of Bretts camp!! Straight from the horses mouth.

Favre: "I know I can still play the game. As of now, I'm retired. Who knows what will happen in the future but as of now, I'm done. How will I feel next month? Heck, I don't know. We might be asking these same questions in 3 years. Shucks"
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Packerchick  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:47:40 PM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 598
Applause Received: 27

UserPostedImage

Brett's retiring. ::roll:

not so fast. dont hold your breath.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:49:43 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,319

i hope brett stays retired this time, i think he may regret coming back this year.

Not me, I wanted to watch him get hit often this year by Peppers, Vandendbosh, and Clay. Everyone played the Vikings last year to stop Peterson, and let Favre sit back there and play catch. This year things were going to change. I don't believe Minnesotas O-line is as good as years past due to age and lack of drafting. The lost their utility backup as well.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this because the waffle king needs more time.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:10:57 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this because the touchdown king deserves more time.

There, I fixed it for ya
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:19:32 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Just to play with the idea a bit - if for some reason this is the real deal (we all know it isn't, but what the hell) and he is calling it quits, I wonder if it will turn out that the factor was what N.O. did to him in that last game.

Every other team in the league saw that and took careful notes. He knows it, too. He also (now) knows that there are players out there who would love nothing more than to pound him into the turf (not because they don't like him - because he's the best ever, and that's the guy you want to be known for taking down). And then he looks at that line - McKinney will get him killed, and he knows it. Hutch is still good, but he's getting slower, quickly. The guy @ center is no Matt Birk. So forth. It's not a bad line by any stretch, but it's not the line it used to be. If he hadn't been the guy taking snaps last year, that line would have looked a lot worse - he got out of a lot of sacks on his own.

There are a lot of things I've given Brett credit for over the years, but intelligence isn't one of them - perhaps, though, he did the math and realized that at some point there'll be a bullet he can't dodge.

Nah... he's coming back.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:21:31 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

The Saints game and taking notes holds no relevance to his decision. Maybe the pain, but I doubt it. He's been around long enough. No one scheme can stop him, if you think differently, I feel you're mistaken.

Rattle his cage, make him play from behind. That's been the goal of defenses for more than a decade. Not many have succeeded, the Saints did.

With that said, do we have a link to actual Brett Favre comments on this, or is it all speculation yet?
UserPostedImage
Offline masseyattack  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:23:13 PM(UTC)
masseyattack

I would be gutted if he didn't come back. I actually found myself watching Vikes games with more interest last year solely because of Favre (even if I was willing the opposing team to knock him on his backside most of the time.)

On a brighter note, if he does retire this really leaves the Packers as the class of the NFC North (if not the whole NFC alonside New Orleans). The drop off from Favre to Tavaris Jackson or Safe Rosenfels is huge.
blank
Offline Formo  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:01:56 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I'll believe it when I see it. I'll still take him back if he pulled what he did last year, despite the contract. Hell, I'll be willing to wait until the regular season kicks off to have him come back.

So far all I've seen are rumors, never a direct quote from Favre. So who knows what the deal is..

They could've drafted Jimmy Clausen in the late first or early second.

They were never interested in Clausen.. with or without Favre. They didn't invite him for workouts and I believe they never even attended any of his pro day stuff either.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:14:46 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this because the INTERCEPTION king deserves more time.

There, I fixed it for ya

There, I fixed it for ya.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:26:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,319

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this because the touchdown king deserves more time.

There, I fixed it for ya

Waffles, touchdowns, picks; pick your poison. Let's all toast our once great "throwback" ironman quarterback, who's now reduced to being pampered like a spoiled child.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:35:31 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

Those arn't "Pampers", Dakota.......those are "Depends".
LOL!
UserPostedImage
Online nyrpack  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:11:10 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 42

i hope he retires, then in 5 years in canton, ohio hes a green bay packer for life !!
jimmy b.
Rss Feed