Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
11 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:49:25 PM(UTC)
If he goes on the PUP list, who's the first team he'd face in the Regular Season?
Dexter_Sinister  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 2:02:08 AM(UTC)
The only thing you can count on is that Favre will not tell the truth. He even lies about lying.
longtimefan  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:38:53 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The only thing you can count on is that Favre will not tell the truth. He even lies about lying.

Nahhh....he just changes his mind
dfosterf  
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:10:08 PM(UTC)
Neither NFL network OR ESPN "broke" this story.

It was Judd Zulag, sports columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Zulag is most definitely sticking to his guns about who is lying here, btw.

FYI

Edit-- Judd Zulgad
dhpackr  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 1:20:14 PM(UTC)
I'm a huge Favre fan. I think my avatar was hacked by the site admin to reflect my allegiance to #4.

But all along Brett has stATED as long as he can play at a "HIGH" level, he will continue to compete.

I am thinking with a bad ankle, it is going to effect his ability to throw and move around in the pocket.

Brett, if you come back this year, I really thin you are going to regret it. The defenses in the NFL are getting stocked full of players (LBers, Safeties, DE ) that can really run and move.

Sooner or later, one of these guys is gonna make a name for himself by really putting a solid hit on # 4 and putting him out of a game.

That ankle injury may just have cost Brett that step he needs to elude on oncoming defender.

Good luck Brett, you're gonna need it!
Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 1:48:48 PM(UTC)
I'm a huge Favre fan. I think my avatar was hacked by the site admin to reflect my allegiance to #4.

But all along Brett has stATED as long as he can play at a "HIGH" level, he will continue to compete.

I am thinking with a bad ankle, it is going to effect his ability to throw and move around in the pocket.

Brett, if you come back this year, I really thin you are going to regret it. The defenses in the NFL are getting stocked full of players (LBers, Safeties, DE ) that can really run and move.

Sooner or later, one of these guys is gonna make a name for himself by really putting a solid hit on # 4 and putting him out of a game.

That ankle injury may just have cost Brett that step he needs to elude on oncoming defender.

Good luck Brett, you're gonna need it!

Your avatar is the default avatar for a member who has not selected one themselves. No site admin needs to "hack" their site, cuz, um, they have ... ahh ... admin ... oh nm you get the point. :)
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 2:19:14 PM(UTC)
Isn't "on a stretcher" how Favre is going to have to be retired. Just like Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are going to have to be taken from the stage kicking and screaming. Favre's riding off into the sunset on a white horse moments ala Elway, have come and gone. The lucky bastard got two of them and pissed them both down his leg.
Nonstopdrivel  
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:00:21 PM(UTC)
Well, at least in the eyes of his rabid fans, there would probably be some sort of Hollywoodish romanticism in Favre's riding off into the sunset on a stretcher . . .
Dexter_Sinister  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:03:53 AM(UTC)
A splat, softly in the distance with no relevance or meaning. That is how he should go out. An attention whore like him deserves nothing else.

A pathetic mediocre season with a 2-6 start. Ending the year 8-8 and never having hope. A 70 rating and 30 turnovers, refusing to come out even though his lack of mobility was killing the team.
Nonstopdrivel  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:37:04 AM(UTC)
Wow, Dexter, you're more vicious than I am. I like you. :D
Formo  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:39:37 AM(UTC)
A splat, softly in the distance with no relevance or meaning. That is how he should go out. An attention whore like him deserves nothing else.

A pathetic mediocre season with a 2-6 start. Ending the year 8-8 and never having hope. A 70 rating and 30 turnovers, refusing to come out even though his lack of mobility was killing the team.

Haha.

Your lack of tact and obvious dislike for the man exposes you as a fan still sorta butthurt over the divorce more so than as an objective party.

It's not like he runs to the media every day to let them know what the 'update' is.

But go ahead and keep removing the blame from the media and placing it on Favre. He'll smoke your team 2 more times before he kicks the proverbial bucket.
Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:48:50 AM(UTC)
Favre does give the impression he likes the attention. However, the media seeks him, far more than he seeks the media.

Prime example, he's throwing balls at Oak Grove, who shows up? I suppose some will say Brett invited them. Not likely.
Nonstopdrivel  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:57:45 AM(UTC)
Formo, butthurt over the divorce? You do realize that there was a significant minority of fans who were wanting the Packers to get rid of Favre -- some of us for several years before the trade occurred?
Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:07:26 AM(UTC)
Formo, butthurt over the divorce? You do realize that there was a significant minority of fans who were wanting the Packers to get rid of Favre -- some of us for several years before the trade occurred?
NO! Any Packers fan who rips Brett is just butthurt. No grey or gray area. Pure and simple. :whipitgood: :whipitgood: :physassult:
Nonstopdrivel  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:18:10 AM(UTC)
You're right, Kevin. How could I have missed that? :horse:
Cheesey  
#36 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 5:27:37 AM(UTC)
Brett Favre is such a 'waffler", that even JOHN KERRY is saying "Come on Brett.....make up yur friggin' mind!!!"
Formo  
#37 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 5:57:27 PM(UTC)

Hey, his post definitely had a very sharp overlay to it.. you even commented on it. It looks like it's more of a butthurt fan ripping Favre than a guy who was objective with the whole situation. I just call it as I see it.

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.
dingus  
#38 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 7:02:11 PM(UTC)
I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT. I live in Chicago and most of the people who ask my opinion of the Favre ordeal come back with the "oh you're just mad that he left" bullshit after they hear my opinion. I could give a shit that he left, I cared not that he played for the Jets, but to actively seek out one of your teams biggest rivals for the purpose of "sticking it to" mgmt caused me to lose any amount of respect that I still had for him. I do not believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore, could care less if he ever sets foot in LF again and do not believe he is worthy of having his name in the ring. I guess I'm butthurt, huh?
Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 8:31:37 PM(UTC)

Hey, his post definitely had a very sharp overlay to it.. you even commented on it. It looks like it's more of a butthurt fan ripping Favre than a guy who was objective with the whole situation. I just call it as I see it.

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.

Color us sick of media whores.
dfosterf  
#40 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 9:01:03 PM(UTC)
The only lingering irritation I hold is for the lingering perception that "all" Packer fans were "butt-hurt" or are "butt-hurt" by the whole fiasco.

Colin Cowherd lecturing me as a Packer fan to get over it (yesterday) because "I read the e-mails" and "I have them archived"

THAT pisses me off, as I just knew it would be the "lasting legacy" of the "fiasco", because SO MANY PACKER FANS could NOT get over it,
as was evidenced on all the "main" comment places like JSOnline.

Why does it still piss me off?

It was:

A) Reinforcement of the "caricature" of a "typical" Packer fan by others.
B) I NEVER rolled that way-- I was "over" Brett the day he retired from my team, which is like 4 or 5 retirements ago, I lost track.
C) The HATRED towards TED shown at that time THOROUGHLY DISGUSTS ME TO THIS DAY-- As far as I am concerned, every one that displayed hatred towards Ted at that time for his decision owes him at least ONE B.J. per "hate" post.

jmho

:thumbleft:
Rss Feed