Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:39:37 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
A splat, softly in the distance with no relevance or meaning. That is how he should go out. An attention whore like him deserves nothing else.

A pathetic mediocre season with a 2-6 start. Ending the year 8-8 and never having hope. A 70 rating and 30 turnovers, refusing to come out even though his lack of mobility was killing the team.

Haha.

Your lack of tact and obvious dislike for the man exposes you as a fan still sorta butthurt over the divorce more so than as an objective party.

It's not like he runs to the media every day to let them know what the 'update' is.

But go ahead and keep removing the blame from the media and placing it on Favre. He'll smoke your team 2 more times before he kicks the proverbial bucket.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:48:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,986
Applause Received: 2,283

Favre does give the impression he likes the attention. However, the media seeks him, far more than he seeks the media.

Prime example, he's throwing balls at Oak Grove, who shows up? I suppose some will say Brett invited them. Not likely.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:57:45 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Formo, butthurt over the divorce? You do realize that there was a significant minority of fans who were wanting the Packers to get rid of Favre -- some of us for several years before the trade occurred?
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:07:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Formo, butthurt over the divorce? You do realize that there was a significant minority of fans who were wanting the Packers to get rid of Favre -- some of us for several years before the trade occurred?
NO! Any Packers fan who rips Brett is just butthurt. No grey or gray area. Pure and simple. :whipitgood: :whipitgood: :physassult:
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:18:10 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

You're right, Kevin. How could I have missed that? :horse:
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#36 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 5:27:37 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 453

Brett Favre is such a 'waffler", that even JOHN KERRY is saying "Come on Brett.....make up yur friggin' mind!!!"
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#37 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 5:57:27 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Hey, his post definitely had a very sharp overlay to it.. you even commented on it. It looks like it's more of a butthurt fan ripping Favre than a guy who was objective with the whole situation. I just call it as I see it.

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dingus  
#38 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 7:02:11 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT. I live in Chicago and most of the people who ask my opinion of the Favre ordeal come back with the "oh you're just mad that he left" bullshit after they hear my opinion. I could give a shit that he left, I cared not that he played for the Jets, but to actively seek out one of your teams biggest rivals for the purpose of "sticking it to" mgmt caused me to lose any amount of respect that I still had for him. I do not believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore, could care less if he ever sets foot in LF again and do not believe he is worthy of having his name in the ring. I guess I'm butthurt, huh?
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 8:31:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Hey, his post definitely had a very sharp overlay to it.. you even commented on it. It looks like it's more of a butthurt fan ripping Favre than a guy who was objective with the whole situation. I just call it as I see it.

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.

Color us sick of media whores.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#40 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 9:01:03 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 435

The only lingering irritation I hold is for the lingering perception that "all" Packer fans were "butt-hurt" or are "butt-hurt" by the whole fiasco.

Colin Cowherd lecturing me as a Packer fan to get over it (yesterday) because "I read the e-mails" and "I have them archived"

THAT pisses me off, as I just knew it would be the "lasting legacy" of the "fiasco", because SO MANY PACKER FANS could NOT get over it,
as was evidenced on all the "main" comment places like JSOnline.

Why does it still piss me off?

It was:

A) Reinforcement of the "caricature" of a "typical" Packer fan by others.
B) I NEVER rolled that way-- I was "over" Brett the day he retired from my team, which is like 4 or 5 retirements ago, I lost track.
C) The HATRED towards TED shown at that time THOROUGHLY DISGUSTS ME TO THIS DAY-- As far as I am concerned, every one that displayed hatred towards Ted at that time for his decision owes him at least ONE B.J. per "hate" post.

jmho

:thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Gravedigga  
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 3:20:17 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT.

You should have been "over" the packers defense after that 4th & 26 unbelievable, horrible melt down. I've never seen anything like it except for..........the unbelievable horrible meltdown by the packers defense vs the 49ers in that last second Young to Owens touchdown. In fact, Favres defense let him down constantly. They (packers defense) was smoked in the playoffs by the Rams, Vikings, 49ers meltdown, Cowboys twice, Falcons, Eagles meltdown. Always the same, our pass defense couldnt cover and we got no pressure on the QB. He just didnt have enough magic to overcome his supporting cast.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 4:35:25 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

I am over the D screwing up, but the 66 average rating in the playoff losses for the last 12 years is more disturbing to any Packer fan. Hard to blame a D when the QB is tossing duck after duck and having a 56 rating. Unless you have a problem with reality.

There is a mental condition, it is the inability to distinguish reality from irrational hero worship. It is called Favreism.

I give credence to Jay Glazer and his report that Favre deliberately sabotaged the Packers and Rodger first year buy calling several of the Packers opponents and I would also guess the Vikings because of the contact they had with him before the Jets trade. If you believe that, Favre is a low life creep. If you believe that and are glad he did it, you are a low life creep.

If you don't believe it, remember one thing. If Glazer lied, he and his employers could be sued for a buttload of money and Favre can afford a real good legal team.

If the story could not be back up, the editor and the legal team wouldn't let the story see the light of day.

If Favre lied about the story, nothing happens. Who was out on a limb. Who had some thing to lose and who didn't.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Cheesey  
#43 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 5:03:38 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 453

I don't know.......Favre had WAY too many playoff appearances where HE imploded. The last game as a Packer and the last one as a Viking pretty much sum up how he has done in playoff games, other then SB 31.
He has thrown up some lame ducks. The one against the Giants is a perfect example. It's in OT, and there was no need to HAVE to score. Play it safe and let your D give you another shot. But "quack quack", up goes the duck.
Last year with the Vikings, run for a few yards and let your kicker have a shot to win it. The worst that happens is you don't score and the Saints get the ball. But "quack quack" up goes another one.
He's been consistant.......consistantly bad in the playoffs. He had MANY shots to be the guy that wins more then one SB. But he doesn't come through in the biggest games, save one.
Don't get me wrong......he gave us one GREAT season, and lots of "good" ones, and i'm thankful for that. But he's NOT the "god" some make him out to be. He had a great D last year, and still found a way to choke the game away when it counted most.
I don't hate the guy, far from it. But if you look at all of it realisticly, you see he just can't get it done at the end of the season when it counts the most.
He's still a very good, very talented QB. But you have to remember he holds not only the TD record, but the INT record as well.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#44 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 5:09:18 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

The only reason why he didn't implode in the Super Bowl is that Holmgren (wisely) kept a tight leash on him. Watch that game again. You'll see Favre did nothing in the second half.
UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#45 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 2:41:20 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT.

You should have been "over" the packers defense after that 4th & 26 unbelievable, horrible melt down. I've never seen anything like it except for..........the unbelievable horrible meltdown by the packers defense vs the 49ers in that last second Young to Owens touchdown. In fact, Favres defense let him down constantly. They (packers defense) was smoked in the playoffs by the Rams, Vikings, 49ers meltdown, Cowboys twice, Falcons, Eagles meltdown. Always the same, our pass defense couldnt cover and we got no pressure on the QB. He just didnt have enough magic to overcome his supporting cast.

The D definitely screwed the pooch on that play, no doubt about it but it didn't end the game for us. That BS pass KILLED us, and if memory serves it was 2nd down, no need to throw it whatsoever. I also recall Favre using his subtle "I was thinking the receiver would ______" blame shifting technique in the post game PC ala last year.

And blaming the D for the Rams game is beyond pathetic, the man threw 6 INTs I believe. The playoff loss to the Vikings is another example of horrible QB play. The 49ers would have killed us in 98 if TO doesn't drop the ball 4 or 5 times, he just happened to hold on to the toughest ball thrown to him all day.

Changing the last line of your post to "He just didnt have enough smarts to overcome his ego" would be much closer to the truth.
blank
Rss Feed