Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
21 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:39:37 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
A splat, softly in the distance with no relevance or meaning. That is how he should go out. An attention whore like him deserves nothing else.

A pathetic mediocre season with a 2-6 start. Ending the year 8-8 and never having hope. A 70 rating and 30 turnovers, refusing to come out even though his lack of mobility was killing the team.

Haha.

Your lack of tact and obvious dislike for the man exposes you as a fan still sorta butthurt over the divorce more so than as an objective party.

It's not like he runs to the media every day to let them know what the 'update' is.

But go ahead and keep removing the blame from the media and placing it on Favre. He'll smoke your team 2 more times before he kicks the proverbial bucket.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:48:50 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,310
Applause Received: 3,558
Favre does give the impression he likes the attention. However, the media seeks him, far more than he seeks the media.

Prime example, he's throwing balls at Oak Grove, who shows up? I suppose some will say Brett invited them. Not likely.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 3:57:45 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 263
Formo, butthurt over the divorce? You do realize that there was a significant minority of fans who were wanting the Packers to get rid of Favre -- some of us for several years before the trade occurred?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:07:26 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Formo, butthurt over the divorce? You do realize that there was a significant minority of fans who were wanting the Packers to get rid of Favre -- some of us for several years before the trade occurred?
NO! Any Packers fan who rips Brett is just butthurt. No grey or gray area. Pure and simple. :whipitgood: :whipitgood: :physassult:
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 4:18:10 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 263
You're right, Kevin. How could I have missed that? :horse:
Offline Cheesey  
#36 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 5:27:37 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 660
Applause Received: 770
Brett Favre is such a 'waffler", that even JOHN KERRY is saying "Come on Brett.....make up yur friggin' mind!!!"
Offline Formo  
#37 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 5:57:27 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154

Hey, his post definitely had a very sharp overlay to it.. you even commented on it. It looks like it's more of a butthurt fan ripping Favre than a guy who was objective with the whole situation. I just call it as I see it.

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.
Offline dingus  
#38 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 7:02:11 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 36
I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT. I live in Chicago and most of the people who ask my opinion of the Favre ordeal come back with the "oh you're just mad that he left" bullshit after they hear my opinion. I could give a shit that he left, I cared not that he played for the Jets, but to actively seek out one of your teams biggest rivals for the purpose of "sticking it to" mgmt caused me to lose any amount of respect that I still had for him. I do not believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore, could care less if he ever sets foot in LF again and do not believe he is worthy of having his name in the ring. I guess I'm butthurt, huh?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 8:31:37 PM(UTC)

United States

Hey, his post definitely had a very sharp overlay to it.. you even commented on it. It looks like it's more of a butthurt fan ripping Favre than a guy who was objective with the whole situation. I just call it as I see it.

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.

Color us sick of media whores.
Offline dfosterf  
#40 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 9:01:03 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 228
Applause Received: 478
The only lingering irritation I hold is for the lingering perception that "all" Packer fans were "butt-hurt" or are "butt-hurt" by the whole fiasco.

Colin Cowherd lecturing me as a Packer fan to get over it (yesterday) because "I read the e-mails" and "I have them archived"

THAT pisses me off, as I just knew it would be the "lasting legacy" of the "fiasco", because SO MANY PACKER FANS could NOT get over it,
as was evidenced on all the "main" comment places like JSOnline.

Why does it still piss me off?

It was:

A) Reinforcement of the "caricature" of a "typical" Packer fan by others.
B) I NEVER rolled that way-- I was "over" Brett the day he retired from my team, which is like 4 or 5 retirements ago, I lost track.
C) The HATRED towards TED shown at that time THOROUGHLY DISGUSTS ME TO THIS DAY-- As far as I am concerned, every one that displayed hatred towards Ted at that time for his decision owes him at least ONE B.J. per "hate" post.

jmho

:thumbleft:
Rss Feed