Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
21 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#81 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 6:06:14 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 429
Applause Received: 1,186
LT... I think the article speaks more of the later years of Brett in Green Bay than he is trying to retract the events of last week.

It reads very much like a locker room in Green Bay that was age segregated from Brett more so.. without the large presence of veteran players for Brett to "hang" with. The younger locker room didn't hold the same "love" for Brett that he needed / wanted..
Offline Gravedigga  
#82 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 6:06:41 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett did indeed lie


Quote:
After spending a few days in Minnesota, the events of the latest chapter in Favre's long-running soap opera now appear much clearer. Here is the story, from the inside.

Favre indeed sent text messages to teammates telling them he was forgoing his 20th season, citing his health as the reason. According to sources, while the texts seemed pretty convincing that he had made up his mind, the team wasn't letting their gunslinger slip off into the sunset without a fight.

In a two-pronged attack, the Vikings organization immediately jumped into action, offering him a much more lucrative package for this season and pleading with him to reconsider his decision. Simultaneously, veteran players immediately implored teammates to bombard Favre with texts or calls, asking him to give them one last shot at the Super Bowl.

As one source explained to me, Favre probably wasn't prepared for such an outpouring. When he left the Packers there wasn't much love, if any, from teammates asking him to reconsider. And there certainly wasn't any from Jets' players. But with this team, Favre was completely beloved, and for the first time, had an entire locker room figuratively pounding down his door like a husband begging his wife not to file for divorce.

"He's torn," said another member of the Vikings. "I think in his mind he was done, but loves the guys in this locker room and doesn't want to let them down. He didn't want to (come back), but I don't think he can say no to these guys. He's tortured."



Wow........that's all I have to say
Offline dingus  
#83 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 7:47:46 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 36
Wow is right, Jay Glazer covering his ass, and the Vikings players showing the awareness that without Favre they don't stand a chance.

If he truly thought his ankle was not where it should be, he'd stick to his guns and hang em up. Otherwise it would be detrimental to his health and the team.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#84 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 8:54:26 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany
Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 263
So are we to infer from this that his teammates were faking the admiration they expressed for him all those years, that they were just toeing the party line?

Hmmm, maybe it's not such a stretch. As a fan, I was royally pissed off after some of his playoff meltdowns. I can't imagine how furious the players must have been.
Offline porky88  
#85 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 11:27:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 505
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett did indeed lie


Quote:
After spending a few days in Minnesota, the events of the latest chapter in Favre's long-running soap opera now appear much clearer. Here is the story, from the inside.

Favre indeed sent text messages to teammates telling them he was forgoing his 20th season, citing his health as the reason. According to sources, while the texts seemed pretty convincing that he had made up his mind, the team wasn't letting their gunslinger slip off into the sunset without a fight.

In a two-pronged attack, the Vikings organization immediately jumped into action, offering him a much more lucrative package for this season and pleading with him to reconsider his decision. Simultaneously, veteran players immediately implored teammates to bombard Favre with texts or calls, asking him to give them one last shot at the Super Bowl.

As one source explained to me, Favre probably wasn't prepared for such an outpouring. When he left the Packers there wasn't much love, if any, from teammates asking him to reconsider. And there certainly wasn't any from Jets' players. But with this team, Favre was completely beloved, and for the first time, had an entire locker room figuratively pounding down his door like a husband begging his wife not to file for divorce.

"He's torn," said another member of the Vikings. "I think in his mind he was done, but loves the guys in this locker room and doesn't want to let them down. He didn't want to (come back), but I don't think he can say no to these guys. He's tortured."


Favre lied!!! Next you'll tell me that coaches, GMs and politicians lie too.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:25:50 AM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 3,475
Great, this means we'll have a 2nd teary eyed retirement speech.
Offline gopackers08  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:01:56 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)
I always thought the whole texting that "he's done" was premature. Why would Favre still be playing football with highschool kids and rehabbing his ankle so aggressively if all he wanted to do was retire.

Favre will go out to play even if he needs a walker to get on the field and I hope he plays well this year....just not against the Packers.

I do think that the Packers are the favorites to win the division even with Favre coming back.
Offline porky88  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:42:09 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 505
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Great, this means we'll have a 2nd teary eyed retirement speech.


Nope. He'll sit out the first four weeks and then come in. I'm calling it now, which means he'll probably retire because Favre is the most unpredictable athlete of all time.

Seriously, I think that's the best thing for everyone involved. Sit him and let him heal. Why would you want Favre to go up against a dirty team like New Orleans? Yes, I said dirty. Who cares if you lose a road game against the defending champs. You get Favre back after a 1-2 start and there is no reason why you can't go 10-3 the rest of the way. That gets you in the playoffs for a run.

The biggest thing here is whether or not Favre's ankle responds even in that time span and whether or not his ego will let him miss a couple of games.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:56:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 3,475
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Great, this means we'll have a 2nd teary eyed retirement speech.


Nope. He'll sit out the first four weeks and then come in. I'm calling it now, which means he'll probably retire because Favre is the most unpredictable athlete of all time.

Seriously, I think that's the best thing for everyone involved. Sit him and let him heal. Why would you want Favre to go up against a dirty team like New Orleans? Yes, I said dirty. Who cares if you lose a road game against the defending champs. You get Favre back after a 1-2 start and there is no reason why you can't go 10-3 the rest of the way. That gets you in the playoffs for a run.

The biggest thing here is whether or not Favre's ankle responds even in that time span and whether or not his ego will let him miss a couple of games.


Yep. Because he can not play forever, therefore, when he retires, he will cry, again. Why? Because of the outpouring love from his teammates.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:53:31 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Great, this means we'll have a 2nd teary eyed retirement speech.


Nope. He'll sit out the first four weeks and then come in. I'm calling it now, which means he'll probably retire because Favre is the most unpredictable athlete of all time.

Seriously, I think that's the best thing for everyone involved. Sit him and let him heal. Why would you want Favre to go up against a dirty team like New Orleans? Yes, I said dirty. Who cares if you lose a road game against the defending champs. You get Favre back after a 1-2 start and there is no reason why you can't go 10-3 the rest of the way. That gets you in the playoffs for a run.

The biggest thing here is whether or not Favre's ankle responds even in that time span and whether or not his ego will let him miss a couple of games.


Calling the Saints a dirty team is like calling that man in your signature a bigot. It may be technically true because you can point to a few instances, but they're/he's good enough that it doesn't matter.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
21 Pages«<7891011>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Smokey (9h): Pecan Waffles !
gbguy20 (13h): i like waffles
Mucky Tundra (15h): mmm Waffles
IronMan (30-Apr): seriously. Waffle House
IronMan (30-Apr): Waffle House!
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): In unrelated news, a six figure sum was wired to Dr James Andrews bank account in the Cayman Islands
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
wpr (29-Apr): 64321 is still available
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): thanks wpr, now i have to change it :(
wpr (29-Apr): Right. Mucky is 12346. Big difference.
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): because i'm smarter than he is ;)
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): 12345 didn't fare well for Tunsil, what makes you think it will for you?
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): I don't want to reset my password
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): First round is over. Reset your passwords.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Thompson on Clark: We thought he was the best player available.
IronMan (28-Apr): Brady won his appeal. no suspension.
Yerko (28-Apr): Happy Draft Day everyone!
Pack93z (28-Apr): Buckeye players that is... speaking of that, anyone see Buckeye around?
Pack93z (28-Apr): You certainly can have enough Buckeyes.... and 1 is probably too many. lol.
Zero2Cool (27-Apr): draft chat party tomorrow boys/girls welcome come all
wpr (27-Apr): Hawk is a FA
IronMan (27-Apr): AJ Hawk is still in the NFL?
FLORIDA PACKER88 (27-Apr): You can Never have Enough Buckeyes! Lets sign Lil animal Laurinitis and Hawk and put em both in the middle! ;)
wpr (26-Apr): 48 hrs until Christmas!
Zero2Cool (26-Apr): We have one too many Buckeye on the team already!!
Porforis (26-Apr): AJ Hawk released. Lol if the packers picked him up, would make for some spirited debate
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Tom Brady re-suspended for four games. Boring.
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): and next year it'll take 24 seconds to do 2017 ;-)
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): 2016 NFL Pick'em schedule ... done!
IronMan (25-Apr): ball for 14 seconds and doesn't even get a shot off. lol
IronMan (25-Apr): So the Hawks call a TO with 15 seconds left, the coach scribbles some play down on the board. They inbound it to Teague and he holds the bal
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Scores for every season matchup dating back to 2012 ... done!
wpr (23-Apr): Smokey I posted something a day or so ago that it is 10 + mil
Smokey (23-Apr): How much CAP money is left in the Packers acct. ?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr): ;-) until tomorrow folks
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Current Headlines

2016 Opponents
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan


Tweeter