Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
25 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gravedigga  
#131 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:30:31 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
This is a veteran team built to win now. Throwing a rookie on that team at QB makes no sense for a few years when guys get older and a bunch of the younger guys start looking for 40 million guaranteed and they have to let them go to FA.


That is a good point that I've yet seen mentioned. They need a good veteran who can lead them now. They haven't set themselves up for the future and most surely will be riding under the Lions for it in a couple or so years.

I think McNabb would be better than Jackson.
I also don't think Jackson will be there next year. I think he's had enough.
They should have drafted a QB last year or this year in my opinion, even if Brett came back or not.


I like McNabb too but theres just something about him. Sometimes the guy looks unbeatable, fast, makes all the throws, hits guys in stride, looks like he has full command of an offense. Then, other times he looks like he's confused, inaccurate and short on all his passes. He reminds me of Mark Brunell a lot but with better mobility.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline longtimefan  
#132 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:33:23 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

It doesnt matter, you make a statement that this dirty behavior is not acceptable. Remember when Kyle Turley ripped that guys helmet off and chucked it. That would be me right there. I bet the guy he was sticking up for felt like THAT guy has my back and I bet the other team didn't mess around anymore after that.


I get your point I really do, but to do it at that point to get ejected? Wont help your team..

Since it was Brett that was getting the punishment he should have went and done everything you asked..

I think that would have sent the message right? Although he would have been ejected, but as you said it doesnt matter
Offline Pack93z  
#133 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:35:46 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

McNabb is soft.. lacks the conviction in his ability when the chips are down and goes into a shell.

He doesn't have it.. the Skins are a perfect fit for him.. he will make them better but never have to worry about playing on the big stage and fail yet again.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#134 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:35:54 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
"If he has to be begged into coming back (which seems it's what his ego needs) then he's just playing games with the (insert which team name he's jerking around at the moment) and should walk away with at least a LITTLE dignity.
If that's even possible at this point."


I'm naive because I don't see how that's attacking Brett.

The Vikings are lying about them going down there, why? If it was just three amigos heading down there to accompany him back to MN, why lie about it? You lie if you sent them three to GET Brett.

Brett wasn't showing up on his own, but now is since three guys went down there?

Put your bias aside, think objectively and you'll see where those comments come from.

How does this not look like he's playing games though? I mean, this is almost exactly like last year. Coincidence? He left the Packers saying he couldn't live up to being Brett Favre anymore, he was tired, worn out, couldn't do it anymore but had the skill to.

He retired from the Jets saying this was it, no way he'd come back. No unretiring.

He came back.



If this was a player you didn't view as a royal, you'd be saying he was a joke too.


I personally just think Brett's a guy who can't let go of the only thing he's really known in his life and the attention. Shit, the money ain't bad either.


This is why I always tell myself I should avoid these debates but I'm a little kid and I can't resist. I don't understand why every person that thinks Favre is not all evil views him as "royal" or whatever.

I still do not understand how if he was going to retire and three of his teammates voluntarily flew down to convince him to come back that speaks to his dignity or selfishness. If anything, he should be viewed as the ultimate teammate that he felt bad for them or felt he owed it to them to return. To risk his long-term health, etc. He's 40 and a grandfather with a battered body. He has plenty of money, all the records, a SB, etc. If anyone really think he is going ot put himself in harm's way for 16 games to get attention in August, I don't know what to tell you. There's more to him than that, he also just LOVES football.

Whether he decided to come back because three teammates flew down to convince him has NOTHING to do with being selfish or dignity. The Vikings lying, who cares, every NFL team lies about injury reports or whatever. That has nothing to do with Favre being selfish or wanting attention.

There's someone in the other thread saying "I hope we hurt him so his streak ends", etc. Thats just plain hate for no reason. "The B is back" title or wahtever. It's irrational. Or NSD saying Favre didn't run against hte Saints because he's scared ot get hit - that's insane, thats irrational, your talking about a WARRIOR that kept playing in the Saints game at 40 even though he was getting destroyed. But its okay if your bashing him but if you defend him your a Favre lover.

And I understand, its a Packer Forum and you can have whatever double standards you want, thats life. But IMO, just because someone doesn't believe the hype that he's this person that does all this for attention, doesn't mean your a Favre lover. I said Saints INT stupid decision, Giants INT bad throw, even JEts, go back, I created a thread saying he's done and needs to retire if he's not injured at week 14-15 because he stinks.
blank
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#135 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:39:16 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


Case is.. there is hard and bitter feelings on both sides of the line..


Thats my point, delete all my other posts in this Brett Favre forum because you just summed it up. But some how there is myth that only people that still defend Favre are the bitter ones and everyone else is somehow magically immune from the emtion involved.

At the end of the day, you had a guy that played 17 years for you go to your division rival and beat you twice. It's like getting dumped and then having your ex end up with your brother. It hurts for a lot of you and you have bitter feelings but for whatever reason there is this belief you don't.

The amount of posts and activity in this Forum proves hardly anyone is over it and some of the comments about Favre prove that people are still bitter and do not have an objective view.
blank
Offline Formo  
#136 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:45:09 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Weeeeeeee! I don't have to even post and you Packer fans are getting all worked up. This is fun.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Pack93z  
#137 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:45:33 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Holy balls.. Packer forum and a double standard.. throw that label around freely..lol.

First.. to me.. Brett is the ultimate football player.. when he steps on the field he goes all out.. I have only seen him quit once.. Packers @ home against the Vikes.. I was there.. right behind the Packer bench.. and his body language spoke he quit. But other than that.. in twenty years.. the guys has always gone all out.

Two.. you can't find a more entertaining player in the game.. maybe in the history of the game.. mostly because of his desire to play the game, compete and win.

Three.. to me.. the divorce in 08' was mutual more than not.. but pathetic communication on both sides escalated emotions on both sides and the fans got caught in the middle.. and took sides. But I am not bitter about it.. the only thing I hope for.. is someday to get the real unbiased story. I think it would be extremely interesting.

Four.. I want to compete against the man.. if I could personally.. but as it is.. I want my team to go head to head with his team.

Five.. Yes the Vikings come off as the pathetic party in all this in sorts.. in others, they are going for it this season.. pulling out all stops and the future to make this run. If it works.. they are rewarded.. if not.. they will get spanked for a couple years because of it. Truly boom or bust..

Six.. with a stadium issue in the balance.. the fans in Minnesota.. better hope boom.. either that or be supportive even in defeat. I think that is the interesting underlying story in this all.. they need a new stadium.. they need something to help that effort.. how does this play out.

But whom is the one with the double standard and stuck on Brett only? ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#138 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:49:49 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


Case is.. there is hard and bitter feelings on both sides of the line..


Thats my point, delete all my other posts in this Brett Favre forum because you just summed it up. But some how there is myth that only people that still defend Favre are the bitter ones and everyone else is somehow magically immune from the emtion involved.

At the end of the day, you had a guy that played 17 years for you go to your division rival and beat you twice. It's like getting dumped and then having your ex end up with your brother. It hurts for a lot of you and you have bitter feelings but for whatever reason there is this belief you don't.

The amount of posts and activity in this Forum proves hardly anyone is over it and some of the comments about Favre prove that people are still bitter and do not have an objective view.


There is no doubt.. that there is bitter feelings on both sides.. and some let that get into the posts towards other posters here.. that is the part I fail to understand and the part I hope disappears someday.

Hence the only reason I hope he retires... to hopefully start to close that.

Would I rather had him retire as a lifelong Packer.. absolutely.. but that didn't happen and the reality is players move on. Today's world doesn't allow many single franchise players to exist.. it is how it works.. not even Montana could avoid it.

So why hold onto the lingering bitterness on either side?
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#139 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:52:23 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

and again the guy that complains about the amount of posts ( this is at least 3rd time) makes even MORE posts

You have an issue with Alan about DIGNITY then take it up with him, no one else said it...So stop lumping EVERYONE into the issue you have with him..


People are TIRED of his tactics, antics, or what ever it is and we want to bitch about him...(you know told his daughter after the JETS he was done and this retirement was for real)

And since we are tired of it, we will continue to post about it...

So you can either come to terms we will complain and stop whining...or continue to be pissy that we are complaining..
Offline Pack93z  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:54:31 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

BTW.. I am more bitter about Jared Allen's knee shots on Schaub than any of this Brett saga drama nonsense..

Yes shots on a Texan QB.. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
25 Pages«<1213141516>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann