Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
13 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RedSoxExcel  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:44:21 PM(UTC)
Anyone else find this really funny? How lame is that the Vikings organization has to get on their knees for a Packer legend. Make fun of Favre's drama-queen-ness all you want or whatever but I think this is funnier on the Vikings end. Pathetic. But I guess if you have T-Jack, you gotta do what you gotta do, lol.
Formo  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:45:16 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I shutter to think we are being setup until the hillbilly looks directly into the camera and says.. I am in.. lol.

That's pretty much where I stand.. lol
RedSoxExcel  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:47:38 PM(UTC)
Unfortunately, I have no source to link, but it's been said that Brett was "offended" by the Vikings offer of more money, implying that's why he'd come back. Apparently Brett just wanted to retire and walk (limp) away.

I don't know how true that is, but after hearing that and watching the video of Ed Werder (sp) talking to him while he's in his truck ... kind of made sense to me.

I don't think Brett wants to come back an risk going 2 - 2 against the Packers or getting hurt worse than he did against the Saints. There's also a few dubious records he's within reach of that I don't feel he wants any part of. I also think going out with the statistical season he had gives him solace that he went out on 'top' too.

I'm confident he'll be back, but I can see why he would call it quits too.

I think people over hype how much Favre cares about those infamous records. If someone said to a high school QB or even a college QB or heck 95% of NFL QBs that you could be the all-time leader in consecutive starts, wins, TDs, yards, etc. but you also had ot be the all-time leader in INTs, you'd take it. I don't think he gives a rat's bum about dubious records just like I really don't think he cares that much about what people think about his "legacy" and his yearly retirement saga. If he gave a crap about waht people said, he would stop the retirement saga.
Formo  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:48:13 PM(UTC)
Who said they begged? How do we know what they were doing down there? Maybe they strong armed him into making up his mind.. Or maybe they just explained where the team is at, and wanted to know if Favre was in or not.

What's more pathetic is the assumptions that are flying. =D
RedSoxExcel  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:51:12 PM(UTC)
Great (if true, who knows with Favre reporting), its good for the division, its good for the conference, its good for the NFL. Makes football more entertaining, no one can deny that. The NFL is better with Favre in it.

So now some people can move from bitching and complaining about Favre's off field stuff to bithcing and complaining about his on-field stuff. That at least is more entertaining and measurable.
RedSoxExcel  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:53:15 PM(UTC)
Who said they begged? How do we know what they were doing down there? Maybe they strong armed him into making up his mind.. Or maybe they just explained where the team is at, and wanted to know if Favre was in or not.

You really think BF would react positively to being "strong armed" into coming back to the NFL. Vikings are lame, come on, it must kill you on some level that your organization is so obsessed with a Packer legend. And not even a Packer legend in their prime but someone thats 41 years old almost and a grandfather.
Formo  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:54:40 PM(UTC)

You really think Brett Favre would react positively to being "strong armed" into coming back to the NFL. Vikings are lame, come on, it must kill you on some level that your organization is so obsessed with a Packer legend. And not even a Packer legend in their prime but someone thats 41 years old almost and a grandfather.

You really think they begged?

Pathetic. And weak.

Remind me how it feels to be beaten by a 40 year old Packer legend again.. No worries, those feelings will be apparently back this season too.
RedSoxExcel  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:58:51 PM(UTC)

You really think Brett Favre would react positively to being "strong armed" into coming back to the NFL. Vikings are lame, come on, it must kill you on some level that your organization is so obsessed with a Packer legend. And not even a Packer legend in their prime but someone thats 41 years old almost and a grandfather.

You really think they begged?

Pathetic. And weak.

Remind me how it feels to be beaten by a 40 year old Packer legend again.. No worries, those feelings will be apparently back this season too.

Well not beg but when your coach comes out and won't even commit to a deadline (leaving the possibility of coming back during the regular season), when Jared Allen dances around the issue of Favre returning late in the preseason as not to upset Lord Favre, when three guys fly to MISSISSIPPI, etc. - Thats lame.

But yes you are right, I am a Favre supporter and that hurt a lot to watch the Packers get beat twice, especially the second one at home. Its a shame but now we have a chance to get those two games back, so its all good.

But at the end of the day, the Vikings organization is still bowing down to a 41 year old Packer.
johnny_blood  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:59:25 PM(UTC)
In all honesty, I'm with Dakota. He was seemingly unbeatable last season. Then the saints figured out a way to beat him, and they practically beat him to death. What DC in his right mind wouldn't take a cue from the NFC championship game?
It's the same strategy that was first deployed against him in 1993. There was nothing new at all about what the Saints tried to do. They just executed well, got in some ferocious hits, and avoided penalties on some questionable hits. If teams think they are just going to beat him into submission every week then he's licking his chops right now.
Formo  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:01:07 PM(UTC)

But at the end of the day, the Vikings organization is still bowing down to a 41 year old Packer.

Naw. They are giving leway to a 41 year old QB legend in the making, who happens to be a VIKING. Last I checked the name on the front of his jersey says he's a Viking. =)
HatestheF.I.B.s  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:12:23 PM(UTC)
It would have been sweet if they would have sent A.P., Ha Ha Ha!
RedSoxExcel  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:38:26 PM(UTC)
It would have been sweet if they would have sent A.P., Ha Ha Ha!

You can't send him. He'd probably stutter during the plea instead of fumbling...
bozz_2006  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:39:55 PM(UTC)
In all honesty, I'm with Dakota. He was seemingly unbeatable last season. Then the saints figured out a way to beat him, and they practically beat him to death. What DC in his right mind wouldn't take a cue from the NFC championship game?
It's the same strategy that was first deployed against him in 1993. There was nothing new at all about what the Saints tried to do. They just executed well, got in some ferocious hits, and avoided penalties on some questionable hits. If teams think they are just going to beat him into submission every week then he's licking his chops right now.

True enough.
porky88  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:41:24 PM(UTC)

I agree that begging is too harsh of a word to use here.

However, come on, they went down there because they know they're a better team with Brett Favre. There is nothing wrong with that, but they definitely did some lobbying.
bigfog  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:43:50 PM(UTC)

I reckon it's about the same as watching that same quarterback lose a chance to go to the Superbowl due to idiotic interceptions.
Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:18:45 PM(UTC)

I reckon it's about the same as watching that same quarterback lose a chance to go to the Superbowl due to idiotic interceptions.

lmao
matteogb4  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:32:58 PM(UTC)
seems like summer vacations are over for him...

time to kick his ass..

3 vikes players missed practice to beg him to come back...
Nonstopdrivel  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:46:51 PM(UTC)

That's about as logical as saying they're bowing down to a 41-year-old Falcon. He's a professional football player; he belongs to whomever he's under contract with at the moment. Therefore, they're bowing down to a 41-year-old Viking. :P
matteogb4  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:50:00 PM(UTC)
sorry...i just realized there is this whole section for him...

cant wait to kick his ass
VinceLambeauStarr  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:50:48 PM(UTC)
Every year they stall in getting a young franchise quarterback, the more they build their roster in other departments.

For my money, the NFC North is soon to be the most competative in the NFL.
Rss Feed