Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:26:55 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'm a little surprised that he was swaying towards retirement and they convinced him to come back... OVERNIGHT. Isn't that mainly a personal and family decision? What reason could they have provided to convince him to return, other than he felt he owed it to them or felt bad for them? Those are great motivating factors right there. /sarcasm


Even if the 3 got on knees and begged no one will ever know..

But just the fact they went down there does say we need you and with out you we cant do it...Even if they didnt BEG the actions (to me) said they begged..

How can anyone say it isnt an ego boost to have that happen to him?

I am pretty sure the family was fine with anything he decided..
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:27:10 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Why be pissed off?

If you want to be the best.. you need to beat the best.. and absolutely the road just got harder officially.. but to me, it just adds to the season.

Hardly bitter.. yes it is entertaining how Brett brow beat the Vikes.. but if they are okay with it.. so be it.

Now.. why are you so bitter than some of us see entertainment in this all?


Its not about entertainment. I'm talking about all these opinions that somehow the Vikings telling their players to fly to Mississippi to convince him to come back makes Favre lose dignity or makes him selfish or whatever. WHY. If he really was close to retirement and these guys wanted him back this bad, why does that mean Favre is selfish or has no dignity left or whatever.

If anything its hte opposite because he listened to them and even though he didn't want to come back and he did for them. So why does every Favre story have to spun into something negative about him. I really don't see how if this thing went down the way the reports said, that says anything negative about Favre.

The Vikings are little B's, thats all it says to me and extremely desperate and lame. I love to watch him play and he makes the NFL better and more entertaining, so good for football fans but all I am saying is why always so much negativity if no one is "bitter". "Favre is going to sign autographs for money - greedy!", etc. Who cares, if you truly are over him, why on such a mission to burn him.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:31:20 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

I take no issue with the Vikings pulling out all the stops to retain Favre.. that isn't the point.

The point is being held captive by him and not making other moves in the offseason to protect themselves better than TJ or Sage if they lack the confidence in them.

McNabb.. or a young QB in the second rounder.. nope.. because that might be a slight to Brett.

Back up from the emotion on it and you will maybe see how it has truly embarrassed the Franchise.. or maybe the Vikings just like the drama.

But continue on the path that it is all about the Brett.. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:36:49 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

BTW.. yes I like to poke fun at Brett as well a bit.. it is entertaining to watch a grown man so insecure about himself, yet accomplished so much, need to be reassured season after season.

Sometimes I feel guilty about finding entertainment in it.. but honestly he openly does it himself so I find it not only an interesting study in human behavior.. but it is like a real life soap opera enhanced by pathetic journalism.. it has more twists than any movie ever created that I can remember.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:38:19 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

What is Favre, an ex Navy Seal or something holding people captive. The Vikings are GROWN MEN. They can decide what they want. If they choose to cater to Favre, they're lame but its their choice and Favre benefits - WHO CARES.

It's Favre fault they didn't trade for McNabb or pick a QB in the draft? One, maybe its just possible they didn't want McNabb or didn't like the QBs in the draft but no, we have to jump to the conclusion that they would have had it not been for evil Favre.

I'm not saying he's perfect but at the same time, he's not the anti-christ.

I never said the Vikings arn't fools, they are, they had to send three of their top players to MISSISSIPPI to convince a 40 year old QB of their division rival. They are desperate and lame. But I still fail to see how if he wanted to retire and the Vikings chose to fly people down there to talk him about of it, it means he's selfish or has no dignity, etc.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#106 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:49:47 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Why be pissed off?

If you want to be the best.. you need to beat the best.. and absolutely the road just got harder officially.. but to me, it just adds to the season.

Hardly bitter.. yes it is entertaining how Brett brow beat the Vikes.. but if they are okay with it.. so be it.

Now.. why are you so bitter than some of us see entertainment in this all?


Sounds a lot like what I "shouted" earlier.

We want to be the best.
We need to beat the best first.
The best in our division is the Vikings, with Favre.

We need to beat the Vikigns to be called the best.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#107 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:50:10 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Brett's act in known.. it has been proven for a couple of years now.. at this point in the saga, I place little blame on Brett for the humor now.

The humor is watching the Viking play into the game.. all in so to speak, and then panic like rats on a sinking ship because the failed to prepare the ship just in case.

In reality, I don't blame the Vikes for passing on McNabb.. he has proven that he isn't a QB that can effectively handle the pressure in the crunch.. he has failed time after time..

But not drafting a solid developmental QB when one was sitting there.. and then come up with excuses to justify passing when in reality one knows the factors helping the decision.. that is pure golden humor.

Then watching Chilly hide for the day.. yet send his lambs to the slaughter in his place.. that speaks volumes on Chilly himself.

Pure comedy in my opinion..

Brett is a object in the humor.. one that has influence on it, but is just a small cog in the overall comic production.

Now.. at the end of the day.. it helps their team from yesterday to today.. but when he does walk away.. they have destroyed the options they have on the roster past the rookie..

The Vikings are all in for this season.. and then will come tumbling down after it.. it is definitely one way to make a run at the SB.. heck we the Packers did it for a number of years under Sherman..

But it still makes it humorous regardless. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:55:30 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

lighten up.. gravedigger
blank
Offline Gravedigga  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:57:36 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Wow, bitter much.


I can't wait till the snide little " . . . much?" fad dies out. It's bad enough when adolescent girls say it. It drives me nuts when grown men use it.


I can't wait until till grown men stop acting like scorned lovers and stop taking every chance (whether rational or not) to attack a 40 year old man because he decided (or undecided) that he wants to play professional football.

It's bad enough watching a 15 year old girl be irrational because her boyfriend broke up with her. It drives me nuts when...


+1 for you sir!!


UserPostedImage
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Zero2Cool  
#110 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:59:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
BTW... you have three threads started on the topic since yesterday.. lol.. ;)


I don't see how this is even remotely worth mentioning as mine were posted in the proper section from the get go.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#111 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:00:01 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Wow, bitter much.


I can't wait till the snide little " . . . much?" fad dies out. It's bad enough when adolescent girls say it. It drives me nuts when grown men use it.


I can't wait until till grown men stop acting like scorned lovers and stop taking every chance (whether rational or not) to attack a 40 year old man because he decided (or undecided) that he wants to play professional football.

It's bad enough watching a 15 year old girl be irrational because her boyfriend broke up with her. It drives me nuts when...


+1 for you sir!!


UserPostedImage


Can't the same be said for those that loath Thompson on the same issue?

Talk about the comedic value in that irony. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#112 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:01:12 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
BTW.. yes I like to poke fun at Brett as well a bit.. it is entertaining to watch a grown man so insecure about himself, yet accomplished so much, need to be reassured season after season.

Sometimes I feel guilty about finding entertainment in it.. but honestly he openly does it himself so I find it not only an interesting study in human behavior.. but it is like a real life soap opera enhanced by pathetic journalism.. it has more twists than any movie ever created that I can remember.


I guess i'm growing up because I can see the humor in it as well instead of being bitter about it.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Zero2Cool  
#113 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:01:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I can't wait until till grown men stop acting like scorned lovers and stop taking every chance (whether rational or not) to attack a 40 year old man because he decided (or undecided) that he wants to play professional football.

It's bad enough watching a 15 year old girl be irrational because her boyfriend broke up with her. It drives me nuts when...



Who's attacking Brett that you feel you need to defend a 40 year old man?

There's been lots of posts, and I haven't read them all. I haven't seen anyone attacking Brett.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#114 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:04:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I guess i'm growing up because I can see the humor in it as well instead of being bitter about it.


Does it suck one of our legends is playing for our rival? Sure.
Can we beat them? Sure.

And we will beat them too.


I think since Brett left the Packers, he's more fun to watch. Reason being, I'm not stressing bout who's gonna catch his deep bombs anymore. Now, its more, eh who cares ... chuck up hillbilly!

He's fun to watch, when he's not on your team, he's even more fun to watch.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#115 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:06:53 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

It's Favre fault they didn't trade for McNabb or pick a QB in the draft? One, maybe its just possible they didn't want McNabb or didn't like the QBs in the draft but no, we have to jump to the conclusion that they would have had it not been for evil Favre.


It is kind of sad that people jump to these kind of conspiracy theory conclusions about how Favre negatively effects everyone he comes in contact with. It just sounds like the ramblings of bitter men sitting in a dark basement all day listening to a ham radio searching for evidence of new conspiracies so they can let the world know the "truth". Soon, Favre will be blamed for 911, Pearl Harbor and the Cuban missile conflict.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#116 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:07:35 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I can't wait until till grown men stop acting like scorned lovers and stop taking every chance (whether rational or not) to attack a 40 year old man because he decided (or undecided) that he wants to play professional football.

It's bad enough watching a 15 year old girl be irrational because her boyfriend broke up with her. It drives me nuts when...



Who's attacking Brett that you feel you need to defend a 40 year old man?

There's been lots of posts, and I haven't read them all. I haven't seen anyone attacking Brett.


"If he has to be begged into coming back (which seems it's what his ego needs) then he's just playing games with the (insert which team name he's jerking around at the moment) and should walk away with at least a LITTLE dignity.
If that's even possible at this point."
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#117 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:07:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

LOL..

:Marking the time for stopping joking with Zero on the topic: :thumbright:
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#118 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:09:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It's Favre fault they didn't trade for McNabb or pick a QB in the draft? One, maybe its just possible they didn't want McNabb or didn't like the QBs in the draft but no, we have to jump to the conclusion that they would have had it not been for evil Favre.


It is kind of sad that people jump to these kind of conspiracy theory conclusions about how Favre negatively effects everyone he comes in contact with. It just sounds like the ramblings of bitter men sitting in a dark basement all day listening to a ham radio searching for evidence of new conspiracies so they can let the world know the "truth". Soon, Favre will be blamed for 911, Pearl Harbor and the Cuban missile conflict.


You can make your point without using idiotic comments like the last sentence.

It's not Favre's fault for any of it. It's the Vikings fault for playing into his ego and worrying about hurting his feelings and pushing him out of the door. If they had more confidence in their drafting a suitable QB or acquiring say Jason Campbell and him doing well, they would have. However, they don't therefore they walked on eggshells to accommodate Brett.

It's a knock on the Vikings for not doing what is best for their teams longevity, not Brett.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#119 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:12:19 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois

Applause Given2: 161
Applause Received: 124

it's YOUR site...merge that shit, kev!! ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#120 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:15:47 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It's Favre fault they didn't trade for McNabb or pick a QB in the draft? One, maybe its just possible they didn't want McNabb or didn't like the QBs in the draft but no, we have to jump to the conclusion that they would have had it not been for evil Favre.


It is kind of sad that people jump to these kind of conspiracy theory conclusions about how Favre negatively effects everyone he comes in contact with. It just sounds like the ramblings of bitter men sitting in a dark basement all day listening to a ham radio searching for evidence of new conspiracies so they can let the world know the "truth". Soon, Favre will be blamed for 911, Pearl Harbor and the Cuban missile conflict.


You can make your point without using idiotic comments like the last sentence.

It's not Favre's fault for any of it. It's the Vikings fault for playing into his ego and worrying about hurting his feelings and pushing him out of the door. If they had more confidence in their drafting a suitable QB or acquiring say Jason Campbell and him doing well, they would have. However, they don't therefore they walked on eggshells to accommodate Brett.

It's a knock on the Vikings for not doing what is best for their teams longevity, not Brett.


It would be less funny without the last sentence.

Personally, I think the Queens didn't draft anyone or pick anyone up because they're alright with Jackson at QB. He may not be the best but he's more mobile than McNabb, he's been in the offense for a while and from what I've seen of him, he has some command of the offense. I think they're still a 9 - 11 win team every year with the pieces they have around Jackson. This is a veteran team built to win now. Throwing a rookie on that team at QB makes no sense for a few years when guys get older and a bunch of the younger guys start looking for 40 million guaranteed and they have to let them go to FA.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Pack93z  
#121 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:15:53 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

And RedSox isn't the bitter one.. ;)

Case is.. there is hard and bitter feelings on both sides of the line..

And I will state it again.. that will be the only reason I would like to see him retire.. cause dude is a treat to watch play the game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:16:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,232

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
"If he has to be begged into coming back (which seems it's what his ego needs) then he's just playing games with the (insert which team name he's jerking around at the moment) and should walk away with at least a LITTLE dignity.
If that's even possible at this point."


I'm naive because I don't see how that's attacking Brett.

The Vikings are lying about them going down there, why? If it was just three amigos heading down there to accompany him back to MN, why lie about it? You lie if you sent them three to GET Brett.

Brett wasn't showing up on his own, but now is since three guys went down there?

Put your bias aside, think objectively and you'll see where those comments come from.

How does this not look like he's playing games though? I mean, this is almost exactly like last year. Coincidence? He left the Packers saying he couldn't live up to being Brett Favre anymore, he was tired, worn out, couldn't do it anymore but had the skill to.

He retired from the Jets saying this was it, no way he'd come back. No unretiring.

He came back.



If this was a player you didn't view as a royal, you'd be saying he was a joke too.


I personally just think Brett's a guy who can't let go of the only thing he's really known in his life and the attention. Shit, the money ain't bad either.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#123 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:18:07 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
In all honesty, I'm with Dakota. He was seemingly unbeatable last season. Then the saints figured out a way to beat him, and they practically beat him to death. What DC in his right mind wouldn't take a cue from the NFC championship game?


That's a lot easier said than done. He's excellent at reading blitz packages and getting rid of it. I think it will be difficult for a team to duplicate the NO game because some of those hits were just plain dirty and I think in the regular season especially your going to see flags.

Its a QB league, I bet you anything after the 2009 season, the NFL spoke to the referees about the NO-Minny game and protecting the QB.

I still think the best way to beat Favre is to make him play from behind, so makes stupid throws. I don't think blitzing him all the time is going to work unless he's playing from behind. Otherwise, he will just read it and burn you as he did to the Packers last year in the 2nd game.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#124 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:18:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Read the article from the ST writer.. it sums it up very well.. lol.

It is all about the Vikings actions.. little about Brett's.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#125 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:20:13 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I don't think teams will get away with the strategy the Saints used in the Super Bowl. I think they'll get flagged if they do (and IMO should). Especially early in the season.

A lot of things get let go in the SuperBowl that don't get let go in the regular season. And while this may be a bit of a conspiracy theory, I think the Saints got away with a bit extra because of the "making history" PR line (first ever super bowl, post-katrina, etc).

Beating the crap of Favre has been tried many times. What was different about the Saints is they were willing to flirt with crossing the line (if not outright ignoring it) a lot more. I don't think that is going to be replicable, especially with the "icon" thing operating, in the regular season.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on this: if the Saints "go after Favre" in week 1 the way they did in the championship game and the way they went after Manning in the Superbowl, they'll get flagged early and often.


See, what ever happened to protecting your teammates? Honestly, if I see guys on another team going after my quarterback the way they did, there wouldnt' be anything to stop me from doing something crazy. If im on defense, i'm taking out YOUR quarterback. If i'm on the offense, I'm gonna give that guy a crack back at his knees or rip his helmet off and F&*% him up big time. Theres no way i'd let that stuff go. I guess the Vikings are full of fumblers and gutless purple pansies.


yup makes sense...Then that player gets ejected in the NFL Championship game...but its okay cuz the Saints know not to mess with Brett NEXT year


It doesnt matter, you make a statement that this dirty behavior is not acceptable. Remember when Kyle Turley ripped that guys helmet off and chucked it. That would be me right there. I bet the guy he was sticking up for felt like THAT guy has my back and I bet the other team didn't mess around anymore after that.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
10 Pages«<34567>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

28-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

28-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann