Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
17 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:30:17 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I left my wand in the closet today.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:31:09 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,177

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I left my wand in the closet today.

thats
what
she
said
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:31:46 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I am truly sorry you have experience with being in the closet, my friend.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:32:54 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I do wonder how many interceptions and fumbles he is allowed before he is benched. Teams aren't going to be giving him all day this season. He is going to be harried, hurried, hustled, and hit.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:34:22 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

I hope so.
I want him and the Vikings going down in flames.
Like i want every year! LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:35:49 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Non....you need to follow up that last line with........"BAZINGA!!!"
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:39:34 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

March 4th, 2008

Quote:
(His agent and brother have hinted he wasn't wanted enough. Did you feel you did enough to communicate you wanted him back?)

Thompson: I certainly do. Mike and I, our approach was the same as it was last year at this time. The year before, when Mike was the new coach here, we took a little different approach because we kind of needed to introduce ourselves a little bit more. But last year was the same. Mike kind of stayed in constant contact, and I would make sure I stayed in touch from time to time, but we felt like, in each of those years it was important for Brett to make this decision for Brett, not to be badgered. He doesn't want to be talked into doing something one way or the other. He wants to know, like I say, can I still play and do you want me? Yes and yes. After that he has to make the decision beyond that. But we felt like the communication lines were open, and we felt like we gave him enough space to be able to make the right decision for him.

Quote:
(Given the void he leaves, how do you not allow yourselves to lobby him? Was there some temptation to convince him otherwise?)

Thompson: If I might take part of that one. This man is 38 years old. He's been playing in a very difficult environment for 17 years. He understands that we know that he can play. He understands that he's our guy, for want of a better word. He has to make that decision. Those are his hours that he has to spend worrying about this or concerned about this, the preparation, all the things that lead up to it. The three hours of the game, I think he's fine with. And I'm not saying he wouldn't do the other stuff, it's just that after a while it takes a toll, and based on my conversation with him and Mike's conversation with him, he feels like that's enough pain of the toll. That's just the way it was relayed to me. So for me to be presumptuous enough to talk a grown man into making a life-changing decision that he's already made is wrong
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:40:50 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Thank you very much.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:49:54 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

If he has to be begged into coming back (which seems it's what his ego needs) then he's just playing games with the (insert which team name he's jerking around at the moment) and should walk away with at least a LITTLE dignity.
If that's even possible at this point.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:58:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Thank you very much.
Catch the second one?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:59:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I do wonder how many interceptions and fumbles he is allowed before he is benched. Teams aren't going to be giving him all day this season. He is going to be harried, hurried, hustled, and hit.

If only it were that easy. That's the goal of every defense and not many can succeed. :( Including ours.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:37:50 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Actually, I don't think teams will get away with the strategy the Saints used in the Super Bowl. I think they'll get flagged if they do (and IMO should). Especially early in the season.

A lot of things get let go in the SuperBowl that don't get let go in the regular season. And while this may be a bit of a conspiracy theory, I think the Saints got away with a bit extra because of the "making history" PR line (first ever super bowl, post-katrina, etc).

Beating the crap of Favre has been tried many times. What was different about the Saints is they were willing to flirt with crossing the line (if not outright ignoring it) a lot more. I don't think that is going to be replicable, especially with the "icon" thing operating, in the regular season.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on this: if the Saints "go after Favre" in week 1 the way they did in the championship game and the way they went after Manning in the Superbowl, they'll get flagged early and often.

See, what ever happened to protecting your teammates? Honestly, if I see guys on another team going after my quarterback the way they did, there wouldnt' be anything to stop me from doing something crazy. If im on defense, i'm taking out YOUR quarterback. If i'm on the offense, I'm gonna give that guy a crack back at his knees or rip his helmet off and F&*% him up big time. Theres no way i'd let that stuff go. I guess the Vikings are full of fumblers and gutless purple pansies.

yup makes sense...Then that player gets ejected in the NFL Championship game...but its okay cuz the Saints know not to mess with Brett NEXT year
Offline Jacob  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:30:42 AM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

Question to all vikings fans

how many Superbowl trophies do you currently have?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:14:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Question to all vikings fans

how many Superbowl trophies do you currently have?

C'mon, we as Packers fans can do better than that. Heck we haven't won in 15 or so years. That'll change soon though.

I think the better question is what did Brett give you that Tavaris didn't the year prior?

From my understanding, it was one win in the post season and two wins in the regular season and a lot of personal stat padding for Brett.

Then again, here we are talking about our rival ... that has to count for something.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:27:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

http://espn.go.com/blog/...hing-can-make-this-right

Quote:
[img_r]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0124/nfl_u_favre14_576.jpg[/img_r]EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- In his 19th NFL season, and his 40th on this earth, Brett Favre produced the best season of what was already a Hall of Fame career. As the bizarre nature of FavreWatch 2010 fades into history, now is the time to ask a quite reasonable question:

How can he possibly top 2009?

I wonder if that issue wasn't high on Favre's list as he mulled a return. Can he come anywhere close to duplicating a 33-7 touchdown-interception ratio? Will he complete 68.4 percent of his passes again? Will defenses once again be caught off guard by his chemistry with receivers Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, along with tight end Visanthe Shiancoe?

From my vantage point, there is only one way to judge Favre's 2010 season. It won't be whether he throws 35 touchdowns or passes for 4,500 yards or sets an NFL record for passer rating. We saw what he was capable of last season.

There's only one reason for the Vikings to go through the rigmarole it took to get Favre back to Minnesota. I can think of only one way that his 20th season will be judged a success.

[+] EnlargeBrett Favre
AP Photo/Paul SancyaBrett Favre threw for 4,202 yards, with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions last season.
For that, I hand it to former Vikings receiver Randy Moss, circa 2000.

"Super Bowl, homeboy."

That was the goal Moss set after signing a record contract extension 10 years ago. Favre and the Vikings must be thinking the same thing.

This year's Super Bowl is the reason you pass on an opportunity to acquire Donovan McNabb.

This year's Super Bowl is why you use your draft on players who can help you in 2010, not a quarterback who might start in 2013.

This year's Super Bowl is why the coach spends the night at Favre's mansion a week before training camp, willingly revealing what has been transfer of power from coach to player.

This year's Super Bowl is why three prominent players were dispatched in an unprecedented attempt to beg Favre into playing one more year -- for their sakes, if not his.

Anything short of a Super Bowl title would render these unparalleled detours a waste of time. If the Vikings miss the Super Bowl in Favre's second year, they'll be left with an aging team that allowed another season to pass without finding a long-term solution at quarterback.

I'm on record suggesting the Vikings, even with Favre, will have a tough go in the NFC North even with Favre. The Green Bay Packers are much improved over the team that Minnesota defeated twice last season. And it's certainly fair to wonder if 2009 wasn't a magical, one-time collection of events for the Vikings and Favre, one that landed an overtime loss away from the Super Bowl but is highly unlikely to be repeated.

Count former New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, now an ESPN analyst, in that group. Bruschi said Tuesday on ESPN's NFL Live that "I don't think he can do it again" because of weaknesses exposed by the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

"I think there's a huge problem there," Bruschi said. "I think the New Orleans Saints' defense provided a blueprint on how to get to Brett Favre. You show blitz packages from the right, from the left, all over the place. You get to him. You hit him when he has the ball. You hit him when he doesn't have the ball.

"I don't think Brett Favre can last this season with that ankle. He's going to be 41 years old. The ankle is bothering him right now, of course."

History tells us Favre is more likely to last the season than not. He hasn't missed a game since 1992. But Bruschi is right about the Vikings' pass protection issues in that game, and don't think for a second that their 2010 opponents haven't watched the video.

And then there is the issue of Favre's clear ambivalence about playing this season. The Vikings were so worried about his frame of mind that they felt compelled to send three of their top veterans to recruit him. You wonder where they thought Favre's mind was before the visit. Bruschi wondered the same thing.

"And if it took begging," Bruschi said. "If it took three of the most respected teammates and members of that Minnesota Vikings team to go down there and beg him to come back, to twist his arm, I've lost respect for this team.

"If you want him so bad and he doesn't want you, and you've got to go down and beg for someone to come back, then you don't have faith in your football team. You only have faith in one person."

For the most part, I think Vikings players breathed a sigh of relief Tuesday. Backup Tarvaris Jackson is a nice guy and has been a professional throughout FavreWatch, but there aren't many people in the organization who believe he could win a Super Bowl.

Favre still can. That's why he arrived Tuesday in Minnesota, and that's the only way to judge his 2010 season.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed