Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:07:01 AM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

Agreed RP! I was thinking the same thing.
blank
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:42:23 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 235
Applause Received: 253

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I could have sworn the final score was 27-7, so I'm not sure how to answer your points.

Rodgers is VERY good but people cannot blindly take stats from now and compare them to stats of the mid 90's. Favre posted a 107.2 QB Rating last year, its artificial.

Favre posted a 107.2 because he was careful with the football. Something he has never done to that extent for the Packers.

The reason I say if Favre played as well as Rodgers, we would have had more super bowls is that when Favre lost in the playoffs, he had poor ratings. He averaged in the mid 60s for the last 12 years he was in Green Bay. Rodgers playoff loss was rated 121. If Favre played that well, we would have had more super bowl wins.

The Giants game, Favre had a poor game before it got to OT. Including a 70 rating and another int.
The MN game, Favre had 4 ints and a fumble with a 54 rating against an 8-8 team. Tying a record for losing to the worst playoff team ever.
The Philly game Favre was handed a 2 TD lead by the D and YACs, The second score was all runs and 1 dump off to the back, all in the First quarter. Then he was done scoring. He had an incredible 210 yard ground game to back him up and the D had 8 sacks and 2 ints. Favre had a 4th and 1 and got a delay of game penalty to move us back to 4th and 6 so Sherman elected to punt. After all that, is the 4th and 26. It is an out right lie to say he had a bad team around him that he was trying to carry.
The St Louis game, Favre TOs led directly to 28 points. They lost by 28 points. 3 ints ran back for TDs and one to the 4. If Favre had not lost the ball over and over, they might have scored at least 3 more. The D actually held the fastest show on turf to 17. Favre scored the rest for them.
The '97 super bowl year, the team pulled out a win VS Tampa in spite of Favre having a 58 rating in order to move on in the playoffs.

In all of those games, if Favre had played up to his average rating, they would have won. In even more games, if Favre played up to Rodgers average, they would have been easy wins. In just about every loss, if Favre played up to Rodgers rating in the AZ loss, they would have blown everyone out.

He may have been great in the the regular season, but he failed when the game was on the line, it is win or go home and the ball is in his hands.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:00:21 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 235
Applause Received: 253

Zero, the payoff at the end of my post, the whole point, is that"if Favre played as well as Rodger..." To point out that Rodgers is a great QB. Defending my point that Rodgers would have gotten us more super bowls. My point was questioned and I answered it. Thoroughly.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:36:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

It wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just a gentle reminder the topic of this thread. :)

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:56:02 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

if you watched Favre play between seasons 1995 to 1997, you will have watched one of the greatest three seasons by any QB in history.

I have stated this repeatedly in the past, as well. It is undeniable, however, that with the exception of last year (and to a lesser extent, 2007), Favre never came close to repeating the success of that three-year run.

I really don't care about Brett Favre one way or the other, any more than I care about the quarterbacks playing for other teams. I only talk about him so much because he is surrounded by such an unreasonable mythos and rabid fan base. If he weren't drooled over by every commentator and sportscaster, I wouldn't feel the need to crusade against the myth that is Favre. After he finally leaves the league for good, I probably will hardly ever mention his name again.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:07:45 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I just now saw Dexter_Sinister's post. I'm glad I'm not the only one to whom it's obvious that the facile idea that the Packers were overmatched by the "Greatest Show on Turf" is simply false. Not only did the Packers have an excellent chance to win that game, they should have blown the Rams out. The offense moved virtually at will against the Rams' defense. The Packers' defense all but stifled the Rams' offense on a number of series. Moreover, Kurt Warner was injured and did not perform well. The problem was that Brett Favre kept throwing the ball directly into the hands of Rams' defenders, often with no receivers whatsoever in the vicinity (only a couple of the INTs were deflections). Had Favre played anywhere close to his normal standard, the score wouldn't have even been close.

Ah, well, I'm beating a dead horse.
UserPostedImage
Offline Packers_Finland  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:48:52 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 44

We still can't talk about Rodgers without bringing up Favre?
This is a placeholder
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:18:46 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Beat.
This.
Dead.
Horse.
HARD!!

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:54:08 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

TIME OUT.

Have you ever sat in a bar with a bunch of buddies talking football?

The natural flow of the conversation is so great. It moves, it flows,changes directions, and it gives the original conversation continued life.

This is what is so great about Kevin's web site. This thread is just like a conversation in a bar with a bunch of buddies talking around a table full of beer and two plates of nachos.

I personally have no challenge with it getting off topic or bringing up Brett. It is the natural flow of the conversation. The same way it would be in a bar.

This is a damn good site.

LOL. Funny you mention that. That's where I got all my arguing ability, at bars. It started with Joe vs Steve.

I really don't want a Brett vs Aaron. I want Aaron to be better and most importantly, to lead us to get more Lombardis than the Cows.

I'd rather have this Brett vs Peyton.

Rock - You're a smart guy, but you're wrong on Brett vs Peyton. Brett's better. The thing is, I'd just rehash what RedSox says. Peyton's had a better OL his entire career. Brett had an elite OL with Mike Sherman but he's also had some pretty bad lines. He took a lot of hits he shouldn't have taken because of his bad lines.

Sherman also had no depth at all.

Now, there's a reason why the Colts management is considered the best in the NFL. No, not among the best, but the best. They consistently field good teams for Peyton to have a shot at winning it all. The thing is, Peyton lets them down time after time.

The only time Peyton has won it all was because of Wrecks Grossman. If anyone doesn't believe me, watch the freaking game again.

And yes, it's a shame with Brett Favre and Reggie White on the same team we only got 1 SB. Partly because the Cows of the 90s were some of the best teams ever (dynasty).

So back to what I said originally - I hope Aaron helps get us a bunch of rings so this will be a non-issue. I hate debating this sober.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:58:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I like Brett.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:24:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Brett is so important he has his own subforum in a Packer forum.. no other Packer has ever been awarded such a award.. no wonder we continually talk about him. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed