Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:22:41 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

Happy Draft-Eve fellow Packers fans!!! As a Packers fan, draft day is very exciting, probably more exciting than most teams.

Done a little differently than most mock drafts, I put a list of multiple names together that I would like to see the Packers take in rounds 1-7. Read, discuss, critique and overall enjoy.

Immediate Team Needs:
D-Line: The Packers need to add more depth to the defensive line. Pickett is another year older and has 1 remaining year on his contract, Raji is overused and tired, Neal is just getting there and Worthy is now injured and unsure about the 2013 season.
RB: This is the year the Packers need to look at a starting runningback. A good runningback would add so much more to this offense.
O-Line: The center position is the main need here as I don't believe EDS is a reliable player for an entire season. Tackle can also be a position of need as Bulaga is coming off injury and everything after him is average to below average.

Other Team Needs:
OLB: At the moment, Clay Matthews is all the Packers have at OLB. Nick Perry is an unproven starter and is coming off an injury. He showed flashes but who knows what happens next season. If he goes down (or Matthews), next in line is Dezman Moses.
TE: Packers have plenty, but the majority are not worthy starters. Finley is in a contract year and he either underachieves again or does exceptionally well, leaving him asking for a payday the Packers may not be able to afford.
WR: Greg Jennings is gone and James Jones is on a contract year. Behind Nelson, Jones and Cobb are two players with potential. Wouldn't hurt to add some competition to this unit.

Changes: I've taken safety out of the "needs" category. I believe McMillian and Jennings played good enough football to warrant another year of competition. I also think anything past a 1st round choice at safety is a waste as they will bring the same to the table as what the Packers currently have.

1st round- 26th pick
I believe the Packers should use this pick on one thing and one thing only...a defensive playmaker.

Sylvester Williams (DT- UNC)- Williams gives the Packers a big body on the defensive line that is much needed. With his size and nastiness in the trenches, Williams attracts double teams and that is just what the Packers' linebackers need.

Jonathan Hankins (DT-Ohio State)- Hankins may be a reach here at pick 26, but he is sure to go early in the 2nd round if anything. He won't bring to the table what Sylvester Williams can bring but he is still a very good player that can add the depth needed on the ailing defensive line. The big positive to Hankins is he is a tough run defender, which the Packers are in desperate need of.
Its about time Ted Thompson drafted THE right guy for this unit. He hasn't had very much luck the past few years, aside from BJ Raji.

Trade Down- Packers don't see value at #26 and trade out of 1st round. This can happen with a team desperate for a QB.

*Other*
Tyler Eifert (TE- Notre Dame)- Maybe the Packers bite and take an offensive playmaker. Finley is on his contract year and there is nothing reliable enough behind him if he doesn't get re-signed or has a breakout year and demands too much money.

2nd round- 55th pick
Le'Veon Bell (RB- Michigan State)- Now is the time for the Packers to take a runningback that can be the full-time starter. DuJuan Harris is the best the Packers have right now. Alex Green hasn't become what the Packers needed, James Starks can't stay healthy, Ryan Grant is Ryan Grant and that's all that needs to be said. Enter Le'Veon Bell, who would be a great compliment and change of pace from DuJuan Harris. Bell was undervalued going into college and will be undervalued going into the NFL.

Jesse Williams (DT- Alabama)- Williams is a big boy that would allow Raji to bounce out to defensive end. Williams doesn't possess much of a pass rush but that isn't what the Packers are looking for from their big men. Williams can stuff the run up the middle with his size and strength. Williams needs to add more tricks to his bag of moves as only possessing strength won't cut it in the NFL.

Barrett Jones (C- Alabama)- Since having the Lisfranc injury at the end of last season and foot surgery in January, his draft stock might make him slip this far. With that said, Jones has the intelligence needed at center and while some might say he isn't a mauler, I call bluff. He has a nasty streak to his play and is a true interior lineman. I believe he is top 3 lineman in the draft due to his ability to play ANY offensive line position.

*Other*
Zach Ertz (TE- Stanford)

3rd round- 88th pick
Montee Ball (RB- Wisconsin)- Ball is a tough zone runner who doesn't shy away from any contact. He would fit well in the Packers running scheme as well as the passing game as he can catch out of the backfield and has exceptional pass blocking in the backfield. At the 88th pick, Ball would be a steal. The only downfall is the wear and tear he already has from his college days. That won't be an issue as DuJuan Harris can help with some carries.

Travis Frederick (C- Wisconsin)- I have zero faith in Evan Dietrich Smith to play an entire season at center. He was acceptable in the 2012 season, but he was replacing an empty gas tank in Jeff Saturday. Frederick is a big bodied, B1G 10 offensive lineman and most experts are expecting him to be better than other Wisconsin pros, Peter Konz and Kevin Zeitler.

*Other*
Jamie Collins (OLB- Southern Miss)

4th round- 122nd pick
Kenny Stills (WR- Oklahoma)- Leave it up to the current wide receivers to fill the gap Greg Jennings is leaving. Stills can come into an already-stacked wide receiver team, learn a little bit (he declared as a junior), and maybe make some impact in later years. Fast and agile, Stills would add another slot option for the Packers.

David Quessenberry (OT- San Jose St)- If Quessenberry falls to this round/pick, take him. This is another offensive lineman that has the ability to play different positions along the offensive line. He has played center, guard and tackle and is mostly suited for the tackle position.

*Other*
Cobi Hamilton (WR- Arkansas)

5th round- 159th pick and 167th pick
Lerentee McCray (OLB- Florida)- Adding depth to this position with this choice. McCray would be able to come in and add some special teams play while learning behind one of the best, Clay Matthews. Packers need depth here as Dezman Moses is the only true option behind Nick Perry (coming off injury) and Clay Matthews.

Lawrence Okoye (DE/DT- Nowhere)- Untapped potential in this kid from England. Literally, untapped. He has never played a down of football in his life. He opened some eyes at the Atlanta Regional Combine and then had an additional workout for some scouts. This guy is a monster, standing at 6'5" and 305 pounds. Give him a helmet and let him play. Adds potential depth to the defensive line and there have been much worse 5th round choices than this.

*Other*
Tyrann Mathieu (CB- LSU)- Assuming he falls this far, take the chance.

6th round- 193rd pick
Braxston Cave (C- Notre Dame)- A developmental player to add to the squad, Cave would require some practice and an off-season to be a starter in the NFL. This would be a pick the Packers would make if they trusted in EDS, which I don't think they do.

Micah Hyde (CB- Iowa)- Seeing as the Packers do not have a true immediate need at corner, Hyde could be a good addition to plug in and learn for a couple years. The other positive about Hyde is that he has some decent experience playing at the safety position. This could be a valuable pick if he were able to test both positions on the Packers.

7th round- 232nd pick
Kwame Geathers (DT- Georgia)- While it may be unrealistic that he sits all the way till the 7th round to be picked up due to his size alone (6'6"-345 pounds), this is where he is being projected. He may need some work to get any type of quality playing time, but for the time being he would be a reasonable rotation guy at NT.

Charles Johnson (WR- Grand Valley State)- For a little nastalgia here, back in 1999 there was a small-school receiver selected in the 7th round out of Alcorn State University and he turned out to be one helluva player for the Packers. Just saying...
If Johnson had performed at the combine, he would have top categories in almost every drill. With the speed of a 4.38- 40 yard dash, Johnson can also be a significant help on special teams, which the Packers love.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 5 applause.
nerdmann on 4/24/2013(UTC), Rockmolder on 4/24/2013(UTC), wpr on 4/24/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 4/25/2013(UTC), porky88 on 4/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:26:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

I changed this to a BLOG so now it appears on the Blog page :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:58:34 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I changed this to a BLOG so now it appears on the Blog page :)

Thanks Zero. Appreciate it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mortfini  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:35:05 PM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Because I'm English I'm really hoping we draft Lawrence Okoye but I also like the honeybadger

I'm also liking Barrett jones unless there's a slim chance chance warmick falls to us
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:36:25 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I like many of those players Yerko. Nice job.

Here is mine, bringin' the beef!:

26 - Margus Hunt DE SMU Dude is fucking huge, can sack and block kicks
55 - Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia Dude is also fucking huge, can stuff the run
88 - Philip Thomas S Fresno St. Dude can pick
122 - Brian Schwenke C Cal - Dude could be a great true C
159 - Stephan Taylor RB Stanford - Dude is a rock in pass pro, always gets the job done
167 - Kwame Geathers DT Georgia - Dude is fucking huger
193 - Rodney Smith WR Florida St. - Dude is fucking tall
232 - Ace Sanders WR South Carolina - Dude has awesome hands, little guy
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 4/24/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:27:32 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post

159 - Stephan Taylor RB Stanford - Dude is a rock in pass pro, always gets the job done

I like Margus Hunt. However, his height and weight scare me. He definitely is a good player and big guy but I wonder how he would play in the 3-4. I think he would be a phenomenal 4-3 defensive end, but would he be able to play against the run as a 3-4 end? Jenkins is a guy that would fit well on the 3-4...thats a big ole boy.

I actually had Stepfan Taylor in place of Montee Ball. I switched it due to Ball's great pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield. I wasn't too sure if Taylor brought that same thing to the table.

I never thought of Brian Schwenke...good choice there!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:27:47 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,710
Applause Received: 665

I love Hunt, just not convinced he's a fit in our scheme.

Maybe they could groom him as an OLB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:44:04 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
I like Margus Hunt. However, his height and weight scare me. He definitely is a good player and big guy but I wonder how he would play in the 3-4. I think he would be a phenomenal 4-3 defensive end, but would he be able to play against the run as a 3-4 end? Jenkins is a guy that would fit well on the 3-4...thats a big ole boy.

I actually had Stepfan Taylor in place of Montee Ball. I switched it due to Ball's great pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield. I wasn't too sure if Taylor brought that same thing to the table.

I like both Frederick and Schwenke equally. Monte Ball and Taylor are both picks I would be happy with.

Hunt, to me, would make an awesome end, especially a couple years down the line with more development & size. Strong dude though, as is. A bit of a reach at 26, but not much, and the intangibles seem too much to not take. I'd love for us to have him lined up in the middle defending FGs!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:47:23 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Really? No Saftey... Take a look at some of the Safteys in this draft and reconsider. Jennings doesn't fit our scheme and can't tackle. Mcmillian is raw but the guy shouldn't be covering TE's.. Right now we only have 3 Safteys and 1 is only worthy of being a starter(burnett).

Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:12:41 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

nice job. love the pick options. you put a lot of effort into this.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Dulak  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:37:19 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

got to tell you - sure am tired of the packers needing DL OLB and OLine ...
like every year since we moved to the 3-4 its been the same thing ...

but its true - we need em ... oh and a running back (if our injured don't look like they can cut it).

Offline Yerko  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:54:06 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Really? No Saftey... Take a look at some of the Safteys in this draft and reconsider. Jennings doesn't fit our scheme and can't tackle. Mcmillian is raw but the guy shouldn't be covering TE's.. Right now we only have 3 Safteys and 1 is only worthy of being a starter(burnett).

Let me clarify that when I first wrote this out, I had a safety name in the 1st round. After reading some things, I took the name out because I think McMillian can become a decent starter if the Packers continue to let him play. Vacarro and Reid are going to get snatched up quickly (and too soon, imo) and after that, Matt Elam is probably the best option at #26 and the knock on him is his inability to cover tight ends due to his size (but he is truly a tough guy, so who knows).
The other scenario I thought about was if the Packers were to trade out of the first round. If they get an early enough 2nd round pick, maybe Elam is still there or Johnathan Cyprien. From what I read about Cyprien, he is a head hunter and takes bad angles a lot of the time. I feel like any safety past round 2 would be equal to the talent the Packers currently have.

McMillian has a decently high ceiling. This is only his second year, so why give up on him so early?

With that said, I think the Packers have some bigger issues to deal with than safety. Defensive line is first in mind and there should still be some there worth the #26 pick. Another thing to think about is the Packers have 5 defensive linemen on the last year of their contract after this season.

That's basically my reasoning for no safeties.
UserPostedImage
play2win on 4/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:00:47 AM(UTC)
Yerko

I waited till the last day possible to post this and the Packers go and make cuts (Saine and Smith) and put Cedric Benson through a physical the same day. Damn them...

If Cedric passes his physical and signs, nix the two RB options at round 2 and 3.

With the release of DJ Smith, I think the Packers might try to draft another inside linebacker. Jon Bostic from Florida comes to mind and he should be there in the mid-rounds (a possible 3rd round choice). Maybe that is too soon since they do have depth there at the moment.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:42:25 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

I waited till the last day possible to post this and the Packers go and make cuts (Saine and Smith) and put Cedric Benson through a physical the same day. Damn them...

If Cedric passes his physical and signs, nix the two RB options at round 2 and 3.

With the release of DJ Smith, I think the Packers might try to draft another inside linebacker. Jon Bostic from Florida comes to mind and he should be there in the mid-rounds (a possible 3rd round choice). Maybe that is too soon since they do have depth there at the moment.

i like Bostic. That would be a great addition IMO.

As for Safety, here is a refresher on our own 6-2 216 23 year old Sean Richardson:

Signed by Green Bay as a non-drafted free agent on May 8, 2012…A four-year letterman for the Commodores who started 31 consecutive games and finished his career with 256 tackles, including 18 tackles for loss, three sacks, an INT and 10 passes defensed…Started all 13 games as a senior and finished second on the team with 63 total tackles…Posted his first career interception in a win vs. Ole Miss (Sept. 17)…Contributed six tackles and a sack vs. Georgia (Oct. 15)…Tied his career high with 10 stops and added a sack at Florida (Nov. 5)…Set career highs in tackles (98) and tackles for loss (seven) as a junior in 2010…Ranked fourth in the SEC in solo tackles (5.2 per game)…Recorded four or more tackles in every game…Posted double-digit tackles in three consecutive games vs. LSU (Sept. 11), at Ole Miss (Sept. 18) and at Connecticut (Oct. 2)…Contributed three passes defensed at Arkansas (Oct. 30)…Named team’s Defensive Player of the Week after a nine-tackle performance vs. Tennessee (Nov. 20)…Started 10 games in 2009 and earned the team’s Hustle Award…Finished second on the team with 43 solo tackles and registered 84 stops overall…Posted 10 tackles and forced a fumble vs. Mississippi State (Sept. 19)…Named the team’s Defensive Player of the Week after making 11 stops vs. Kentucky (Nov. 14)…One of just three true freshmen to play for the Commodores in 2008, appearing in 12 games…Named team’s top special teams player for the game vs. Florida (Nov. 8) and win at Kentucky (Nov. 15)…Recovered a muffed punt for a touchdown in a win over Boston College in the Gaylord Music City Bowl (Dec. 31)…Majored in human organization development...College teammate of Packers CB Casey Hayward...Starred at QB, RB, WR, S and CB for Linden (Ala.) High…Lettered four years in football and basketball and also participated in track for one year…Posted 101 tackles and three interceptions as a senior…Led the basketball team in rebounding…Earned school’s leadership award…First person from Linden High to receive a Division I scholarship…Heavily involved in the community, working at a nursing home in high school and the Murtha O’Bryan Center in Nashville, mentoring youths and volunteering to help at homeless shelters during the holidays…Mother, Sandra, served in the Army and has been a nurse for more than 18 years…Brother, Darnell Jr., plays football at Alabama State…Enjoys playing basketball, spending time with his family and friends, hunting, fishing and riding four-wheelers…Lists his favorite athlete as Kobe Bryant, favorite TV show as Meet the Browns, favorite movie as Life and favorite musical artist as Lil Wayne...Family friends with retired NBA center Theo Ratliff…Single, lives in Linden, Ala. …Given name Seandre Antonio Richardson; born at Fort Campbell in Clarksville, Tenn.

We already have him locked in. I'm guessing the staff feels he may be as good or better than any Safeties in this draft. I can easily see them not taking one this year, even though it is a need position of some sort. To me, that priority is down quite a bit compared to DE, NT, LB, RB, LT and C.
Zero2Cool on 4/25/2013(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:44:57 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I like would be happy with that draft if Ted Thompson thought enough of those players. Hunt is really intriguing. He should fit the 3-4 very well, at 6'8" and 280 I would think they could put another 15-20 pounds on him and he would have the size one looks for. His measureables are outstanding, I think it's just a matter of whether they feel he takes coaching and learns well and quickly. Schwenke at 4 would be really nice, I believe a very good/outstanding C would help tremendously on our O line. Those are my favorite two. The only other thing that would make me happy is to get Gholston or Kruger for another 3-4 DE somewhere along the line.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:36:27 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

i like Bostic. That would be a great addition IMO.

As for Safety, here is a refresher on our own 6-2 216 23 year old Sean Richardson:

Signed by Green Bay as a non-drafted free agent on May 8, 2012…A four-year letterman for the Commodores who started 31 consecutive games and finished his career with 256 tackles, including 18 tackles for loss, three sacks, an INT and 10 passes defensed…Started all 13 games as a senior and finished second on the team with 63 total tackles…Posted his first career interception in a win vs. Ole Miss (Sept. 17)…Contributed six tackles and a sack vs. Georgia (Oct. 15)…Tied his career high with 10 stops and added a sack at Florida (Nov. 5)…Set career highs in tackles (98) and tackles for loss (seven) as a junior in 2010…Ranked fourth in the SEC in solo tackles (5.2 per game)…Recorded four or more tackles in every game…Posted double-digit tackles in three consecutive games vs. LSU (Sept. 11), at Ole Miss (Sept. 18) and at Connecticut (Oct. 2)…Contributed three passes defensed at Arkansas (Oct. 30)…Named team’s Defensive Player of the Week after a nine-tackle performance vs. Tennessee (Nov. 20)…Started 10 games in 2009 and earned the team’s Hustle Award…Finished second on the team with 43 solo tackles and registered 84 stops overall…Posted 10 tackles and forced a fumble vs. Mississippi State (Sept. 19)…Named the team’s Defensive Player of the Week after making 11 stops vs. Kentucky (Nov. 14)…One of just three true freshmen to play for the Commodores in 2008, appearing in 12 games…Named team’s top special teams player for the game vs. Florida (Nov. 8) and win at Kentucky (Nov. 15)…Recovered a muffed punt for a touchdown in a win over Boston College in the Gaylord Music City Bowl (Dec. 31)…Majored in human organization development...College teammate of Packers CB Casey Hayward...Starred at QB, RB, WR, S and CB for Linden (Ala.) High…Lettered four years in football and basketball and also participated in track for one year…Posted 101 tackles and three interceptions as a senior…Led the basketball team in rebounding…Earned school’s leadership award…First person from Linden High to receive a Division I scholarship…Heavily involved in the community, working at a nursing home in high school and the Murtha O’Bryan Center in Nashville, mentoring youths and volunteering to help at homeless shelters during the holidays…Mother, Sandra, served in the Army and has been a nurse for more than 18 years…Brother, Darnell Jr., plays football at Alabama State…Enjoys playing basketball, spending time with his family and friends, hunting, fishing and riding four-wheelers…Lists his favorite athlete as Kobe Bryant, favorite TV show as Meet the Browns, favorite movie as Life and favorite musical artist as Lil Wayne...Family friends with retired NBA center Theo Ratliff…Single, lives in Linden, Ala. …Given name Seandre Antonio Richardson; born at Fort Campbell in Clarksville, Tenn.

We already have him locked in. I'm guessing the staff feels he may be as good or better than any Safeties in this draft. I can easily see them not taking one this year, even though it is a need position of some sort. To me, that priority is down quite a bit compared to DE, NT, LB, RB, LT and C.

I thought Richardson was shorter. Maybe I'm thinking of Jeremy Ross.

What's Richardson's 40 time?

I think if a S falls to us, Ted will take him, but I wouldn't be sweating it if we stood pat. We got guys to develop and the staff to do so.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline porky88  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:17:07 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

I love Hunt's height and weight. He can bulk up to 300 pounds. That guy is still growing into his body. He reminds me of a poor man's Richard Seymour. Of the defensive lineman, he and Jesse Williams are my favorites. Both would be great choice at No. 26, though Williams has medical concerns. You might be able to get him tomorrow night.

I think Sly Williams is just another body. He may not follow the path of Justin Harrell, but I find him underwhelming.

I don't know how to use Datone Jones. I think he's a bit of a Mike Neal clone, if we're comparing him to current Packers. People like his ability to get bigger, but he relies too much on his quickness. Would that affect his play?

I can’t recall a draft where so many options were on the table. I’m guessing the team prefers to trade down. However, if they can't find the right deal, then I think safety is likely to be the BPA at No. 26.
Online steveishere  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:26:03 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Sylvester Williams is the guy I'm hoping for. I'm not sure he will make it that far though.
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:42:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Sylvester Williams is the guy I'm hoping for. I'm not sure he will make it that far though.

I read somewhere that he is considered to be a 4-3 lineman. I don't remember where and the so called experts aren't always right. Obviously Ted and his gang will know if he fits or not.

just a fyi if he is there and they don't take him that could be why.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:45:17 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

I forgot the password to the blog I created the other day, so I created a new one with my draft board:

Quote:
Our biggest are of need is defensive line. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the position Ted’s gonna draft. He has a strict Best Player Available policy. However, if a few players are similar, Ted will weight the decision in favor of the position of need. Here are the players I like for the first three rounds, weighed loosely in order of positions of need.

DEFENSE

NT: Star Lotulelei, Jonathan Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins

DT: Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Kawann Short, Bennie Logan, Brandon Williams,

OLB: Dion Jordan, Arthur Brown, Khaseem Greene, Jamie Collins, Sean Porter,
Jamie Collins, Sio Moore,

S: Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien, D.J. Swearinger, Earl Wolff,

OFFENSE

TE: Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed, Vance McDonald,
Nick Kasa, Ryan Otten

RB: Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin, Knile Davis, Stepfan Taylor, Mike Gillislee, Le’Veon Bell. I like Jonathan Franklin the best. (Eddie Lacy will be long gone.)

C: Travis Frederick, David Quessenberry, Barrett Jones,
Brian Schwenke

T: D.J. Fluker,

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Markus Wheaton, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, Ted is great at finding WRs in rounds 2-3. We just lost Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, so look for him to nab somebody, even though it’s still not a position of need per se. Especially if a guy with return ability falls to us.

QB: Geno Smith, If Geno Smith falls, take him! Ted could also trade back for more picks, if a team wants to trade back into the first round for him. Otherwise they might grab a developmental project in a late round. They like to have dudes in the pipeline.

Rss Feed